Android tablet

Kurty

i want to buy a tablet but i m confused by the choices.

I need a tablet to be able to process excel, connect to printer via USB to print out. Best to have a keyboard to connect.

Last i heard Asus Transformer can do the job? but its already an old model right? is there any new/upcoming model similar?

Too clunky and messy with this combo IMO. Must well get a 11" ultrabook with touchscreen like Asus Vivo.

↡ Advertisement

i want to buy a tablet but i m confused by the choices.

I need a tablet to be able to process excel, connect to printer via USB to print out. Best to have a keyboard to connect.

Last i heard Asus Transformer can do the job? but its already an old model right? is there any new/upcoming model similar?

better get a windows 8 tablet. Pro or just Surface, you decide.

Hi tablet gurus here..can help see this tablet if its good?china made though. Priced at $175. [:p] Xmas gift for my OC coz see her looking at her small screen Galaxy S screen until :wacko:

Type Android tablet Product Specifications

Machine TomToce android tablet

keyboard Virtual keyboard

side key Powerkey+2 Side key

antenna Internal

headset Stereo

battery 4000mAh

charger Travel charger, mini usb (Cradle charger)

dual camera 2Mega+0.3Mega

Charging light Support

LCM

size 7INCH

resolution HD1024*600

touch 5 Point Capacitive Touch GT827(cob)

connection 40pin ZIF

Platform MTK6575

CPU 1GHz Cortex-A9

feature Android4.0

PCB size Long

Edited by Berncsp76

Any info about manufacturer and model of CPU? Anyway RAM is too little. ICS needs alot of RAM. I use about 450MB on idle.

izzit this? 1GHz Cortex-A9

Manufacturer not sure...saw from this gmarket website : http://www.qoo10.sg/GMKT.INC/Goods/Goods.a...089&sid=807

actually I prefer 10.1 size since I have a note aleady...getting a 7" seems only slightly bigger nia...any recommendations for <$200 bro? [:p]

izzit this? 1GHz Cortex-A9

Manufacturer not sure...saw from this gmarket website : http://www.qoo10.sg/GMKT.INC/Goods/Goods.a...089&sid=807

actually I prefer 10.1 size since I have a note aleady...getting a 7" seems only slightly bigger nia...any recommendations for <$200 bro? [:p]

Ok i just did some googling. MTK6575 is the SoC. Never really heard about. Okay, it is dual core SoC using 2x Cortex A9. I don't have any benchmark figures but i think the dualcore A9 should be decent. However the GPU paired with this SoC, the SGX531 is weak. It is a weaker sibling of the GPU found in the Samsung Galaxy S or the iPhone 4 (SGX540).

Since ICS is hardware acceleration driven (using GPU to help render the UI) and you are using a 7" 1024x600 display, recommend you get a SoC with a better GPU.

Go for tablets that are using the Rockchip RK3066 SoC. This SoC/CPU is also dualcore A9 Cortex but its GPU is the Mali MP400, same as Galaxy S 2.

So now, this tablet i wont recommend because of the GPU and the RAM.

Edited by Happily1986

Ok i just did some googling. MTK6575 is the SoC. Never really heard about. Okay, it is dual core SoC using 2x Cortex A9. I don't have any benchmark figures but i think the dualcore A9 should be decent. However the GPU paired with this SoC, the SGX531 is weak. It is a weaker sibling of the GPU found in the Samsung Galaxy S or the iPhone 4 (SGX540).

Since ICS is hardware acceleration driven (using GPU to help render the UI) and you are using a 7" 1024x600 display, recommend you get a SoC with a better GPU.

Go for tablets that are using the Rockchip RK3066 SoC. This SoC/CPU is also dualcore A9 Cortex but its GPU is the Mali MP400, same as Galaxy S 2.

So now, this tablet i wont recommend because of the GPU and the RAM.

wah bro super detailed! you the man [thumbsup]

ok think i go shop around using your recommendation. Thanks ya. ^_^

sld i get Win8 or Android tablet?

Does Win8 come many free apps like Android?

I am pondering between ASUS T300, Galaxy Tab2 10.1 /Toshiba 10.1 and Acer Iconia.

Same sentiment with happy.

Ram is way too little, don' bother. Not dirt cheap, I rather you go for act Ryan at sites, 299 for 9.7'

Surface pro quite ex if you spec it up..... but yeah, it is one of the consideration.

But i don't really need a powerful multitasker...just occasionally just lay in bed to watch streaming/youtubes/ emails

Not surface pro?

Most people i know either have ipads or surface pro

↡ Advertisement