Johor durian plantation to recommend

Carmour

many uncles already waiting near the trees early in the morning. they stake their claims in certain areas. how to compete with them?

Bring a big dog n a parang?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

driving to pontian to recce a plantation, no special liew lian, from the looks of it, should be kampung liew lian

Anybody hv directions to Kampung Liew Lian? Or can recommend durian stall or whatever in Pontian? TIA

(edited)

Anybody hv directions to Kampung Liew Lian? Or can recommend durian stall or whatever in Pontian? TIA

is it near Lorong Lew Lian where there was a big chinese cemetary during the 70s? Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

he probably meant non-branded durians. last year, there was an organised trip to a small durian farm at Pekan Nanas. check out http://www.pekannanas.com. i was there on another occasion. the quality of the durians ranged from decent to good. however i understand it received mixed reviews from forumers who participated in the organised trip. if you are going there, try to be early. say 10am.

alternatively, you may want to check out a no signboard durian shop manned by a Chinese uncle at Gelang Patah. it is opposite the Shell petrol kiosk. somewhere before Restoran Tian Lai.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Thanks Opel17, Spinelli_ck and Eviilusion.

Will go and check out Uncle Lim this weekend and pray he got good stuff.

• Praise 1

welcome. do provide an FR. [cool]

• Praise 1

Boh Jio Arr ! :angry:

• Praise 1

no need to thank me lar....the Lorong Lew Lian i had in mind is at Serangoon 5 mile......hahaha. But i dont mind if u wanna taobao some good durian for us to sample!

does uncle know of any durian plantation that is nearer to jb to gai siao?

I find Johor Bahru durians plantation are too commercialized with rich Singaporean, I only goes to upper north plantations for durian licking, the nearest one is at Segamat.
  • Praise 1

I find Johor Bahru durians plantation are too commercialized with rich Singaporean, I only goes to upper north plantations for durian licking, the nearest one is at Segamat.

any information about the durian plantations in Segamat or Tangkak? have the durians there started to drop?

MSWs in Gua Musang and Raub have started to drop. but they are rather far away for a day trip.

(edited)

I prefer mangosteen. Very soothing and very good for throat.

Eating even 1 seed of Durian can cause a lot of odour. Even squeezing your nose, face will squeeze out the smell. Too much fermentation.

Edited by Kangadrool

my friend brought me to a plantation in penang to eat ang hei and jing feng

really sibei shiok... very different from the ones we have in singapore.

heard no penang ang hei in sg cuz too far.=(

Turbocharged

I go 东(冬)甲 Wednesday LICK 流靓!!

Hypersonic

The thing with durian plantations that cater to tourism is never go in a big group or coincide when there's are tour buses. You never get fresh durians. . As long there is a huge group, the owner has to plan to have enough durians to meet the tourist demand, and at the same time enough to export. On the day of feasting, the freshly drops one are likely to be exported, so they don't get fermented too soon when they reached singapore. While the tourist most likely get mixed batch of fresh drop, and durians collected over the last few days.

This is my experience even with the fermented, when I go with my firends with only 3 cars. When we are the only guests there (usually week days), the durian are fresh. But come weekends when we arrived together with the tour buses, the durians are most too wet, can tell they are over night.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1