Which paint protection system or brand is good for new car?

Dezouk

Hi i just got my new car. It seems that brand like CS2 does'nt last long if you don't maintain by washing your car periodically. My car is always in the open and tree sap and bird droppings are common.

I just want to know which brand actually allows you to remove these dirt from you car easily. For example, using a wet tissue to wipe it away or simply just splash with water and they are easily removed with minimal effort. I am not sure if there is such a paint protection product existed so pardon me.

Thank you in advance.

When you say CS2 doesn't last long.. you mean by how long?

If I only wanna spend 500 buxs on PPS, whats the recommendation? I m those lazy to wash kind....jus want something less maintainance and send for normal petrol station wash. Some people say if PPS can't go car wash as the soap will wash off the PPS? Appreciate suggestions, thanks!

I did a glass coating in jb for rm1300 came with 3 layers of coating and 2 application 1 year apart, downtime 6 to 8hrs.

basically, it make car washing easier after coating but not sure how long can it last? I think a regular wash still necessary to keep the paintwork look good.

just not feel comfortable to spend more than $500 or more on car paint protection products. will get tired of the car after seeing it day in day out after 2 or 3 yrs.

• Praise 1

I did a glass coating in jb for rm1300 came with 3 layers of coating and 2 application 1 year apart, downtime 6 to 8hrs.

basically, it make car washing easier after coating but not sure how long can it last? I think a regular wash still necessary to keep the paintwork look good.

just not feel comfortable to spend more than $500 or more on car paint protection products. will get tired of the car after seeing it day in day out after 2 or 3 yrs.

Which shop in jb did u go ?

sorry to revive this thread, will be collecting my car soon, any tips on which to go for?

seems like there are positive reviews for diamondbrite, should I pop by IMM then?

Turbocharged

sorry to revive this thread, will be collecting my car soon, any tips on which to go for?

seems like there are positive reviews for diamondbrite, should I pop by IMM then?

I think any of the brands advertising here meet a certain standard, so I suppose it's which is convenient and you feel you trust the most when talking to them.

I do have one I like from my experience with them, but I don't wanna sound like an advert  [sweatdrop]

I think any of the brands advertising here meet a certain standard, so I suppose it's which is convenient and you feel you trust the most when talking to them.

I do have one I like from my experience with them, but I don't wanna sound like an advert [sweatdrop]

you can PM bro, appreciate the sharing, thanks!

I do have one I like from my experience with them, but I don't wanna sound like an advert [sweatdrop]

Hi,

Will be collecting my Eagle sometimes in Aug. Can PM me the PPS detailer contact and name?

I think IMO is good for new car.

Sorry to revive this thread, this is the most relevant topic. Im looking for PPS for my new car collecting in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations?

Sorry to revive this thread, this is the most relevant topic. Im looking for PPS for my new car collecting in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations?

i think any of the sponsored detailers here are good enough, any budget?

i personally went to T42 car polish, witnessed most of the process, i would say im really satisfied with the result. 

yours is new car or? new car just thick skin abit and ask for additional discount... their job confirm easier also with new car

What's your expectation from a coating?

can the bros here share what shampoo you all use to wash a coated car? sorry for asking a irrelevant question. cant start a new thread yet as im still a new member

I used mixture of mama lemon and car shampoo..occasionally degreaser to remove any road film, grimes or bugs on the surface.

Well, since coatings are marketed as tough and durable, i don't think you need any special car shampoos.

Edited by Maddriver

Hi I bought a new car. Pearl white. Would like to seek advice on how to keep the colour white n clean. The least hassle way to maintain it. Thks.

For self DIY maintenance, look for a brand that has a family of product which  is why I settled for Optimum.

I wanted a PPS that don't require me to go back to pay for maintenance. 

My PPS is Optimum Opt-Coat.  IIRC,  the present version now can protect up to 5 years. 

I used Opti-Coat 2.0 -  I am not really sure if my PPS is still there because of my heavy neglect.

The beading on the sides are still there but not for the front and top which I may require decontamination.

Anyway, after my very infrequent DIY maintenance,  my silver SK* plate seems to look similar to another recent

silver SLP plate, if not better.   [:p]

I would suggest to use Opti-Coat for PPS with weekly DIY wash. 

Exterior

- Optimum Car Wash

- Optimum Car Wax - Spray & Wipe Off  ( maybe takes 15 mins )

Interior

- Optimum Leather Vinyl Protector  ( good for in-house use too )

General

- Optimum Opti-Clean for immediate relief of spots, bird-poo, etc

P.S.  If you want your detailing experience to be enjoyable,  use a lot of "hardware" .  [laugh]

I used mixture of mama lemon and car shampoo..occasionally degreaser to remove any road film, grimes or bugs on the surface.

Well, since coatings are marketed as tough and durable, i don't think you need any special car shampoos.

Would the mama lemon be able to "decontaminate" or Optimum Power Clean 3:1 ?

How long to leave it on ? 

P.S.  Trying to revive Opti-Coat ..... I think it is still there.  [laugh]

Edited by Kklee
  • Praise 1

For self DIY maintenance, look for a brand that has a family of product which is why I settled for Optimum.

I wanted a PPS that don't require me to go back to pay for maintenance.

My PPS is Optimum Opt-Coat. IIRC, the present version now can protect up to 5 years.

I used Opti-Coat 2.0 - I am not really sure if my PPS is still there because of my heavy neglect.

The beading on the sides are still there but not for the front and top which I may require decontamination.

Anyway, after my very infrequent DIY maintenance, my silver SK* plate seems to look similar to another recent

silver SLP plate, if not better. [:p]

I would suggest to use Opti-Coat for PPS with weekly DIY wash.

Exterior

- Optimum Car Wash

- Optimum Car Wax - Spray & Wipe Off ( maybe takes 15 mins )

Interior

- Optimum Leather Vinyl Protector ( good for in-house use too )

General

- Optimum Opti-Clean for immediate relief of spots, bird-poo, etc

P.S. If you want your detailing experience to be enjoyable, use a lot of "hardware" . [laugh]

Would the mama lemon be able to "decontaminate" or Optimum Power Clean 3:1 ?

How long to leave it on ?

P.S. Trying to revive Opti-Coat ..... I think it is still there. [laugh]

Thanks Kklee for yr advice! Can the brand Optimum be found at the NTUC?