Rear ended while stationary by a bus

SGCMmadman

lucky to be alive, yesterday evening at 5.45pm along kampung bahru rd, was raining and headlights on as usual during rainy weather, stopped at traffic lights beside the PSA distripark just after the church and school, which is incidentally is a school zone, a taxi was infront of me and had my foot on the brake pedal, while waiting for lights to change, looked at rear mirror and saw a bus, which was a kinglong brand tourist bus (same sized as a SBS bus) coming at my direction at a fast speed and wondered why the joker never slowed down as it was red light. it hit my car rear and the feeling of being hit at that speed and size of vehicle made my body feel like my organs also moved... those who have been in this situation know wat i mean.... the ashole ah tiong driving an ah tiong bus crashed into me and caused my vehicle to move forward and hit the taxi infront. the taxi rear bumper was hit by my front bumper license plate OPC seal, there was existing scratches on the taxi bumper and just slight damage to bumper. the taxidriver ensured his passenger was ok before came out to help me out of my vehicle and check if i was ok, the fu@%^king ah tiong was only interested to cover his ass and kept saying that the road was wet... raining sure wet la den dry isit....who ask him to speed at school zone area... after getting fu^%%& upside down left right front and centre by me and the taxi driver, i was in pain and groggy by the impact that i jus sat down at the kerb and later at the bus steps and left my bro and wife who worked nearby to handle the situation.

the taxi driver left coz he told me his vehicle is only scratched at the back bumper but will come back to check on me , after dropping his passenger nearby coz my bro n wife had not arrived yet. after he came back and found out that i will be claiming from the bus insurance, he said he jus got back from 17 day mc and all of sudden his neck also pain and sure comfort taxi will want their back bumper to be replaced. my front bumper that hit his back only had a crack at the license plate holder and no damage or scratch or aniting.. even the LTA OPC seal was intact and not bent, but the back had turned into a hatchback from a saloon. lucky was not a picanto or R1 or 2 or motorcycle or else sure become roti prata...

car now at authorized workshop and since was late evening and workshop closing. no replacement car given till tomorrow coz today public holiday.

went to KTPH A&E and had high blood pressure and fever due to shock, thankfully xrays showed no internal bleeding or fractures but given medication and told to call ambulance if vomit during next few days, neck and back still getting more sore since yesterday.

Going to workshop tomorrow to submit accident report and collect replacement car and need advise:

1. wat course of action needed next ,coz sure the taxi driver will try to take advantage

2. my back and neck still sore, do i need to go back to A&E or go to my own doctor? had to pay$ 90+ at KTPH, wat about the charges should i still need

medical attention? can i claim from who?

3. will the bus insurance pay coz now if i were to sell car in future, sure value will fall coz been hit badly at the back?

4. do i need to send copy of accident report to TP coz the ah tiong is really a menace and needs to get off our roads before he kills anyone?

5. 1st time been involved in such a situation and do hope the bros n sis here can help with advise on what i asked and any other advise coz im at a loss

and still in shock, as was planning a nice evening with family yesterday and today but nearly died or seriously injured.

when we leave our homes each time, guess everything is in the hands of GOD, drive safe and im just so thankful to be alive....

↡ Advertisement

just stay in the hospital...complain headache and etc lah...they will sure keep you for observation.....claim that farker gao gao....just call your insurance company and they will settle everything for you de.

Edited by LoverofCar

wow.. that's really bad... just last week i saw what i thought was a Mit Colt on a tow truck (fm side view)... when i went closer, i realised it was a Toyota wish with the rear smashed till the C-pillar. I was thinking either kena rammed by cement mixer or 5 tonner.

on the taxi against u: hope you managed to get photos of his "damage" and your front "damage" to fight. Sounds like he is already sharpening his knife...

i am assuming you will claim insurance. Talk to them abt your medical claims.

unfortunately loss in car value due to accident repair is usually not covered by insurance, unless the car is written off (totalled).

not sure abt what can be done abt the bus driver, but no harm sending the report to TP. Maybe he will kena reckless driving.

1. I take it that you have already reported the matter to your insurance already. Keep all your receipts, anything associated with your accident. In the event the insurance finds you 100% not liable, they are likely to pay you according to your repair receipts, quotes, and expenses associated with the incident. That includes taxi fare receipts for going to hospital, naturally also hospital receipts, and if you had to rent a car or workshop gives you a replacement car, etc.

Worry less about the taxi driver claiming you and more about the accuracy of your accident report pertaining to how the bus hit you instead. You should highlight that despite already applying your foot brake, the impact caused your car to roll forward and hit the taxi.

2. I've been in a similar incident before. Assuming your headrest was adjusted properly you should not have life-threatening injury. Without seeing the damage to your car, its hard to gauge.

3. Whether they pay or not is hard to say, but you either claim against them yourself, or you claim against your own insurer who will then go after them for compensation. In the latter, your NCD will be frozen. It would also be conjecture how they compensate - it depends whether your car needs to be written off (I guess not). Otherwise, ensurer it is repaired well enough that no one can tell it had been in a bad accident, hence avoiding value loss.

4. Make a police report - especially since you went to hospital. The police will tell you if you need to go to the TP or not.

5. Its just bad luck. Sh!t happens, this bus driver was probably bochap/careless. I had a narrow run-in with one of his countrymen driving a beat-up van just now at my carpark.

you should at least get 3 days mc then you can claim pain and suffering. Trust me you will need it when you go for follow up check ups. You can claim a couple of thousands there.

Firstly i suspect e ah tiong bus driver dozed off at e wheel.

Ok fr yr side since yr car already at ws u just ensure u r ok. If u feel anything strange at all go back to same hospital fr through checks.

Keep yr ins co inf by phone of anything u do or if e other party ctc u n follow up wh a short email to them so all is recorded.

Keep all receipts u paid fr any medical treatment to hospital or pte doc to b claimed later tru yr ins co.

Fyi e taxi wil b claiming on yr insurance so b careful how u deal with him. Although his taxi very slight damage he claim neck pain so i suspect he might put in a big medical claim against yr ins co. Better let yr ins co know that taxi driver complained of neck pain so ty can follow up wh him.

lucky to be alive, yesterday evening at 5.45pm along kampung bahru rd, was raining and headlights on as usual during rainy weather, stopped at traffic lights beside the PSA distripark just after the church and school, which is incidentally is a school zone, a taxi was infront of me and had my foot on the brake pedal, while waiting for lights to change, looked at rear mirror and saw a bus, which was a kinglong brand tourist bus (same sized as a SBS bus) coming at my direction at a fast speed and wondered why the joker never slowed down as it was red light. it hit my car rear and the feeling of being hit at that speed and size of vehicle made my body feel like my organs also moved... those who have been in this situation know wat i mean.... the ashole ah tiong driving an ah tiong bus crashed into me and caused my vehicle to move forward and hit the taxi infront. the taxi rear bumper was hit by my front bumper license plate OPC seal, there was existing scratches on the taxi bumper and just slight damage to bumper. the taxidriver ensured his passenger was ok before came out to help me out of my vehicle and check if i was ok, the fu@%^king ah tiong was only interested to cover his ass and kept saying that the road was wet... raining sure wet la den dry isit....who ask him to speed at school zone area... after getting fu^%%& upside down left right front and centre by me and the taxi driver, i was in pain and groggy by the impact that i jus sat down at the kerb and later at the bus steps and left my bro and wife who worked nearby to handle the situation.

the taxi driver left coz he told me his vehicle is only scratched at the back bumper but will come back to check on me , after dropping his passenger nearby coz my bro n wife had not arrived yet. after he came back and found out that i will be claiming from the bus insurance, he said he jus got back from 17 day mc and all of sudden his neck also pain and sure comfort taxi will want their back bumper to be replaced. my front bumper that hit his back only had a crack at the license plate holder and no damage or scratch or aniting.. even the LTA OPC seal was intact and not bent, but the back had turned into a hatchback from a saloon. lucky was not a picanto or R1 or 2 or motorcycle or else sure become roti prata...

car now at authorized workshop and since was late evening and workshop closing. no replacement car given till tomorrow coz today public holiday.

went to KTPH A&E and had high blood pressure and fever due to shock, thankfully xrays showed no internal bleeding or fractures but given medication and told to call ambulance if vomit during next few days, neck and back still getting more sore since yesterday.

Going to workshop tomorrow to submit accident report and collect replacement car and need advise:

1. wat course of action needed next ,coz sure the taxi driver will try to take advantage

2. my back and neck still sore, do i need to go back to A&E or go to my own doctor? had to pay$ 90+ at KTPH, wat about the charges should i still need

medical attention? can i claim from who?

3. will the bus insurance pay coz now if i were to sell car in future, sure value will fall coz been hit badly at the back?

4. do i need to send copy of accident report to TP coz the ah tiong is really a menace and needs to get off our roads before he kills anyone?

5. 1st time been involved in such a situation and do hope the bros n sis here can help with advise on what i asked and any other advise coz im at a loss

and still in shock, as was planning a nice evening with family yesterday and today but nearly died or seriously injured.

when we leave our homes each time, guess everything is in the hands of GOD, drive safe and im just so thankful to be alive....

Actually it would be good if you post the taxi lisence plate number here. Any fraud claim by taxi, it would be easier as I guess forum have a lot people watching and perhaps maybe just nice the one who handle the claim happen to be also looking at mycarforum and who knows. It would be much easier process as in any fraud claim would be very fast identified and I guess with such big taxi number plate surface on forum, taxi driver won't dare to do anything funny.

Edited by Yewheng

To be rear ended by a King Kong Bus, you are lucky to be alive!!! These 2 days roads very clear, many lorlee bus chiong very fast! Sooner or later insurance company will lup a huge premium on these tiong kias! Orbeegood!

Twincharged

To be rear ended by a King Kong Bus, you are lucky to be alive!!! These 2 days roads very clear, many lorlee bus chiong very fast! Sooner or later insurance company will lup a huge premium on these tiong kias! Orbeegood!

Not only these 2 days. Everyday also la. Just last week got a bus tailgate me on the second lane at 90km/h. Can't even see his license plate already.

Another ah tiong driver trying to kill someone on the road.

Driving on our roads like becoming more and more dangerous with all these AT drivers

around. Worst is most are driving heavy vehicles some more.

Not only these 2 days. Everyday also la. Just last week got a bus tailgate me on the second lane at 90km/h. Can't even see his license plate already.

You see tua bus tua lorlee follow you, better Siam, I drive pigkarp also Siam these clowns [dizzy]:blink::wacko:

ahtiong drivers chiong like no tmr... [furious]

indian drivers hogging centre lane at 6Okm/h [gossip]

local aunty drivers hogging lane1 at 7Okm/h [rifle]

↡ Advertisement