Little India incident

Ditiang

Neutral Newbie

Yesterday deepavali eve, driving out of little India from a small road to main little India road.

During that time, extreme right and left lane occupy by many Indian friend. Therefor 5 lane rd became 3 lane road.

I was on the right small lane to turn out to main road with silver Honda fit behind me.

Have to look right and left to look out at those Indian friend crossing across me plus the main road car.

A silver Honda fit horn at me, so I try to inch out bit by bit against those Indian friend.

It's very hard to move out to the right 2nd lane as too many Indian friend took up the extreme right lane.

Honda horn again, no choice I try my best to move and manage to filter out to the extreme right lane

And signal left as I can't move with all the Indian friend taking up the extreme right lane.

Even I signal left, no car want to let me filter out.

Honda horn again, so I try to drive along the extreme right lane to move further up plus signal left to try my luck to filter out into the next lane. After moving 50M, I stop as group of Indian friend block my way, Honda horn again.As for my left signal, Still no car want to let me filter out, I try to move up even more and By the time I have already moved 100m along the scary extreme right lane. Honda horn again and I am kind of angry and decided to stop moving. Honda horn very long without removing his from horn.

I am angry because you cannot stress me into driving me against those Indian friend.

If I cannot filter out, why don't you filter out and pass instead of kept on horn at me to move on?

That situation really too many car and Indian friend. I don't know why he choose to follow behind me and stress me out.

After his long horn, he filter out to my left and gave me a middle finger with angry look plus scolding which I cannot hear with window close. I hand gesture to him that I am unable to filter out. He is about 23plus year old base on his look. Later he drive forward and cut in front of me, placing his car 45 degree angle. He also decided to stop in front of me to revenge.

All this have been captured by my front and back cam.

No point post it up here as my cam is meant for accident purpose not for fighting who right or wrong.

When driving, everyone thinks different, hence road rage will happen.

I am writing here hoping he can read it.

I wanted to say sorry to him if I did anything wrong or my driving fk-up.

I don't like to make enemy on the road.

Even he pointed me middle finger at me, I did not point back or scold back.

I hope he understand my situation and let's not be enemy even next time if we happen to meet each other on the road. I even willing to make friend with him then enemy.

↡ Advertisement

I also drove through that area on Sunday night.

Need a lot of patience to drive through the sea of humanity !!

Need to be in the festival spirit and keep a cool head.

Obviously the Honda Fit driver was too impatient.

Twincharged

Since he was able to filter out so quickly probably shows that you need to learn to filter out faster. If pedestrians blocking then tap your horn lightly. Most will stop and let you out anyway.

Since he was able to filter out so quickly probably shows that you need to learn to filter out faster. If pedestrians blocking then tap your horn lightly. Most will stop and let you out anyway.

The crowd there at little india will not care the horn and continue to walk and block the path. Need to be more aggressive and make them scared and they will stop and give way to TS. [laugh] [laugh]

u probably dun drive often or lack of experience..try to go Geylang where its less congested than Little India and drive around during peak hours while avoiding the pedestrians walking by..its to gain experience

when you encounter such impatient driver, just take you own sweet time, it always piss the hell out if them [laugh] [laugh]

if he insist to horn further, I would just stop the car, pull handbrake and get out of the car, stand beside car my and pretend I very stressed [laugh]

TS, your driving skill buay sai lah. Need to polish up. Anyway, what my friend did was neutral gear, zua the accelerator and the crowd all Siam his car. You can try this, no need to use honk.

Neutral Newbie

I don't get what you describing but how come you find it so hard to even inch forward while he can even overtake you?

He speeded up in front of me due to anger. Which lucky no car hits him or he hits other's car.

Seriously, all the car are very close to each other as the little India is jam with human n car.

Have been signaling all the way, but no car willing to let me out. I even pull back a couples of time as I am too close to the outer lane car.

But what I don't understand is that, If I am unable to filter out but he can. Why he still wants to follow behind me? I am puzzled :(

Neutral Newbie

TS, your driving skill buay sai lah. Need to polish up. Anyway, what my friend did was neutral gear, zua the accelerator and the crowd all Siam his car. You can try this, no need to use honk.

During the 100m drive along the extreme right lane, my right side mirror brush pass an Indian man's long sleeve shirt and he felt it and look at me. Maybe I too careful and scared of hitting the pedestrian and hence the Honda fit angry with me :(

drive more n u will get the xp of how to filter in in this situation liao...

hopefully before murder occurs

My experience of bumper to bumper driving came from the old Malaysia cup days where you will need to drive out of the Kallang stadium after match ended....and I did that with my 19 years old manual COE hatchback lao pop car....very challenging......also the old woodland causeway custom where bumper to bumper was a must to prevent cars from cutting into your lane... [thumbsup] ...positioning and a little bit of guts is required....if you experienced that.....most of the traffic is ok lah...just don't kill someone with your guts..

Edited by LoverofCar

He speeded up in front of me due to anger. Which lucky no car hits him or he hits other's car.

Seriously, all the car are very close to each other as the little India is jam with human n car.

Have been signaling all the way, but no car willing to let me out. I even pull back a couples of time as I am too close to the outer lane car.

But what I don't understand is that, If I am unable to filter out but he can. Why he still wants to follow behind me? I am puzzled :(

he so happen to be behind you and horning you hoping you go faster is less risky than overtaking you

but because you stopped, you left him no choice

now, instead of thinking why he follow you, maybe you should think y he can overtake while you can hardly move

↡ Advertisement