Garmin GPS user - anyone can help me

Tweakmax2

Basically I bought a second hand GPS 1350, but the map is not updated. And I guess the free 1 yr updates of maps had expire. Any kind soul can email me the updated maps or lend me his password o download?

Thanks you

↡ Advertisement

Basically I bought a second hand GPS 1350, but the map is not updated. And I guess the free 1 yr updates of maps had expire. Any kind soul can email me the updated maps or lend me his password o download?

Thanks you

Register with www.mapsingmaps.com for a free membership before you go to this link http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopi...=202898#p202898 to download and install.

Hi, dear

I don't know about the how to update the map in car GPS system. I give you a suggestion that you contact to any good car workshop's technician who fulfill your requirement.

SEO Company

It looks like I might just ditch my dinosaur, as in old, Garmin 610, as despite repeated attempts, I have not been able to get the AES file (ie. new traffic enforcement POI) to work on the set, anyone can advise on the technicality?

It looks like I might just ditch my dinosaur, as in old, Garmin 610, as despite repeated attempts, I have not been able to get the AES file (ie. new traffic enforcement POI) to work on the set, anyone can advise on the technicality?

Are U saying that there is a a online verison that has recorded all this location of AES?

I

AES locations identified already and POI's all can be found at Malsing or MALFREE...

Get even a 2gb microsd card and store the maps there...no need technician..

AES locations identified already and POI's all can be found at Malsing or MALFREE...

Get even a 2gb microsd card and store the maps there...no need technician..

Thanks for the info

cheers

just copy the map to the sd card and once start up you can choose new maps liao.

btw, google maps offer turn by turn navigation liao.. you guys can also check it out.. its not too bad

just copy the map to the sd card and once start up you can choose new maps liao.

btw, google maps offer turn by turn navigation liao.. you guys can also check it out.. its not too bad

Which accuracy is better? The last time I went KL i had a hard time go in circle as the map keep recalculating the address I key in is different from what the GPS navigate me to.

So old bird say use the gps but key in Sat lat and lon from google map. Any expert can advice?

Thanks

You mean the Garmin GPS can run MalSingMaps on the device>>>thanks [confused]

Yes, Garmin GPS devices can run not only original Garmin maps but also third party maps like malsingmaps, malfreemaps, navigasi, and tons of maps from other countries. That is the main advantage of having a Garmin device, something not possible with any other brand; not even Tom Tom, Papago, Marbella, etc.

Edited by Redstorm

Can you be more specific about "not been able to get the AES file to work on the set"? The AES file should work like any other POI files e.g. redlight camera, ERP, etc. They are compiled in .gpi format and what you need to do is to save it in the POI sub folder of the Garmin folder in your SD card. That simple. The only way to know whether it works or not is when you are near one of the AES where you get an audio notification of it to alert you of one within the vicinity.

Can you be more specific about "not been able to get the AES file to work on the set"? The AES file should work like any other POI files e.g. redlight camera, ERP, etc. They are compiled in .gpi format and what you need to do is to save it in the POI sub folder of the Garmin folder in your SD card. That simple. The only way to know whether it works or not is when you are near one of the AES where you get an audio notification of it to alert you of one within the vicinity.

May I know where can I download this AES file for my GPS?

I'm driving to KL in a week's time for the very 1st time....... [:p]

Yeap, supposed to be a simple procedure but when I restart my Garmin, it says something like unable to use or load file. I never had a problem updating these files before but it didn't work this time round.

↡ Advertisement