Suction cup on solar film

Ahjun

anyone stick those suction cup type mesh sunshade on the rear side window, will the suction cup cause any mark/damage to the solar flim of the window?

↡ Advertisement

anyone stick those suction cup type mesh sunshade on the rear side window, will the suction cup cause any mark/damage to the solar flim of the window?

That low pressure maybe ok.

I hv my gps permently mounted wh heavy duty suction on front windscreen n after a few months when it fall off can see a mark on e solarfilm. But i just restick at a slightly different location.

So far no real damage. Just a slight mark left behind.

Neutral Newbie

The sucking marking will only be visible at the low sun position, where u will also realized your windscreen is intact very dirty.

Depends on the sunlight angle.

My experience, my car front solar film with a full clear solar film and on top of that a layer of darker solar film at the top end for shades against the sunlight.

I itch hand go mount the suction cap for GPS and after awhile of under the hot sun, the suction drop off.

And i realise that the suction cap leave behind a BIG round bubble.

Damage is to change the whole solar film. If you want mount permanent stuff like camera, use 3M tape to tape the holder on the solar film will be better.

↡ Advertisement