Lane discipline, your comments please?

Detach8

This is at Beach Road turning left to Raffles Blvd towards Suntec.

Taxi did not follow lane, nevermind. Stop liao, honk liao, let him go. NVM. Case closed.

Best part... lao hero in Vios honked from behind, cut in front of me, then stop on the right started staring and gesturing at me.

What is your view?

Edited by Detach8
↡ Advertisement

So my thoughts is that the 3 lane Beach Road going to a 6 or 7 lane wide Raffles Blvd cars should turn towards the inside then filter right if necessary, hence I did watch out for cars on my left trying to cut out but the taxi did not signal. Honked, stopped. Forget it, live and let live. With the gesturing by the Vios I then questioned if I did the wrong thing. Apparently even the two ladies in the car think the Vios driver is crazy.

Red plate!

nuff said.... [laugh] [laugh]

lucky less of them i see....good, cos most of them shd not drive anyway

You were in a 3 lane road turning into 6. (I checked google streetview).

Of the 6 lanes, far left is left-hand, next 2 are for straight, next 1 is straight and right, and then next 2 are right-hand turn.

I think that they were assuming since you were in the right-hand lane on beach road you were going to move to the right-hand turn lanes rather than drive straight. It is this assumption that upsets the Vios driver I believe, where he really should be watching the road/traffic.

You were in a 3 lane road turning into 6. (I checked google streetview).

Of the 6 lanes, far left is left-hand, next 2 are for straight, next 1 is straight and right, and then next 2 are right-hand turn.

I think that they were assuming since you were in the right-hand lane on beach road you were going to move to the right-hand turn lanes rather than drive straight. It is this assumption that upsets the Vios driver I believe, where he really should be watching the road/traffic.

thanks mate. this confirms my knowledge of traffic rules.

thanks mate. this confirms my knowledge of traffic rules.

u drive F10 right....so u know lah...red eyes [laugh] [laugh]

This is at Beach Road turning left to Raffles Blvd towards Suntec.

Taxi did not follow lane, nevermind. Stop liao, honk liao, let him go. NVM. Case closed.

Best part... lao hero in Vios honked from behind, cut in front of me, then stop on the right started staring and gesturing at me.

What is your view?

After 2nd time viewing. Here is my conclusion. You are at right most lane and vios driver may have thought you should turn and filter to 2nd lane and he abit buay song you horn taxi as he feel taxi no wrong.

Its very subjective when there are so many lane at the next turn when turning right. Extreme right lane when turning should occupy 1st and 2nd lane or 1st to 3rd lane for your case. Hmm..

wahlau not red eyes or not leh. got bmw/merc/audi driver see a rolls royce go and chiet them meh? no wat

just kidding lah.......the vios is an idiot lah....nopthing wrong with you in that lane and wanting to go str8

just kidding lah.......the vios is an idiot lah....nopthing wrong with you in that lane and wanting to go str8

3 lane turn right to 6 lane, so by right extreme right turn should turn to 1st and 2nd lane by logic. So it is very subjective in this kind of scenario.

Not true, but I don't have my BTT book with me. In a turn you are supposed to keep on the inside of a turn. The thing is, if these guys wanted to go to a right turn they should have kept right (i.e. behind me on beach road) but instead they kept in the middle, and decided to cut all the way to the right.

3 lane turn right to 6 lane, so by right extreme right turn should turn to 1st and 2nd lane by logic. So it is very subjective in this kind of scenario.

proper way is keep to the same lane, ie, lane 3 to lane 3, then filter....

Neutral Newbie

I also encountered the same issue with some tax drivers. I thot they are on the road more than others, shd be better drivers. Apparently this is not so. Hate to say this, usually those older ones.

Another issue I faced when turning is that (not taxi drivers), a lot of cars dun follow what they are taught in school. It's not a sharp turn. They shd drive like a 70-80 degree angle turn. Hence those on the outer lanes always eat into the cars in the inner lanes. Imagine if buses also do that, very scary when you are in the inner lanes. Most SBS buses are okay, but encountered once when they also take a sharp turn. I honed him and then he turned more to his left.

Not true, but I don't have my BTT book with me. In a turn you are supposed to keep on the inside of a turn. The thing is, if these guys wanted to go to a right turn they should have kept right (i.e. behind me on beach road) but instead they kept in the middle, and decided to cut all the way to the right.

exactly. ppl who dun know the BTT, drive haphazardly....no subjective here, pretty clear, not keeping in lane

Yes, but it is 3 lane to turn right, 3rd lane can be either go straight or turn right. So assuming right most lane are suppose to keep right when turning right, than the lane sequence will be turn to either lane 1 or 2 and not lane 3 already as there are 6 lanes.

proper way is keep to the same lane, ie, lane 3 to lane 3, then filter....

Haha I get what you mean. Maybe authorities can come out with road markings to indicate which lane to turn to. Then it will not turn out to be different driver assume different thing as lane markings indicates very clearly where should driver form up when turning. [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement