Get rid of old washing machine

Bluepica

My Samsung front loader belt snapped after spinning dried my cloths for the last time this morning....

Going to get a new one. But I think apart from the snapped belt all the rest of the components (drum, motor, heating element) still in good condition (based on the spinning souund and smoothness of the drum rotates).

If I ask the guy who send the new WM to me to dispose it, they might make a bucks out of it...

Any idea I can cash a bit from this old spoilt machine? can save a bit, must save :)

↡ Advertisement

If your washing machine spoilt, might as well let those delivery guy take it. Quite troublesome to dispose yourself, cause think even karang guni also dont want.

honestly, spoilt stuff got ZERO value. Now washing machine so cheap, why would anyone want to go to your house collect (and probably need a van) , bring home and ask repairman come? If something break again ??

honestly, spoilt stuff got ZERO value. Now washing machine so cheap, why would anyone want to go to your house collect (and probably need a van) , bring home and ask repairman come? If something break again ??

Agreed, the other day went shopping and notice the price for washing machine is so dirt cheap! Imagine a 8-9kg washing machine selling less than $500! :blink:

if its spoilt ... very hard to get someone to buy it/get back some $$

best just to pass to the delviery guy for them to "dispose" for u

Maybe I remove the motor and heating element and sell at Sg Road? haha... never try that before

Sungei Road cannot anyhow set up stall one hor, wait kenna hantam by the lao jiaos ... [dizzy]

bring the belt go to car stockee shop to see whether got suitable replacement or not, if have, ownself change, save marnie [:p]

I call handyman, he check that samsung don't sell internal parts, die die must call Samsung to fix ($100+).

But I dunno, can used car fanbelt, really???

If it's the belt that snapped. I would just get the belt and fixed it myself.

Actually quite easy. Most likely it's those rubber V-belt or flat kinda rubber belt. Go to the greenbook website key in "belt". Look for the related category and go to any of the listed companies with the sample aka broken belt. They just need to measure the length and they can sell one to you. It's very cheap.

Provided you know how to dismantle/assemble the washing casing and know how to install the belt. Come to think of it, it's not easy for everyone. [:p]:D

Edited by Watwheels

If it's the belt that snapped. I would just get the belt and fixed it myself.

Actually quite easy. Most likely it's those rubber V-belt or flat kinda rubber belt. Go to the greenbook website key in "belt". Look for the related category and go to any of the listed companies with the sample aka broken belt. They just need to measure the length and they can sell one to you. It's very cheap.

Provided you know how to dismantle/assemble the washing casing and know how to install the belt. Come to think of it, it's not easy for everyone. [:p]:D

This is sap sap sui provided I can get the belt replacement. :D