Not something you see every day!!

RadX

article-2236746-1628CC77000005DC-552_964x637.jpg

article-2236746-1628CC30000005DC-196_964x623.jpg

Won't sell up? Enjoy living in the middle of a motorway! Road is built around a house after elderly Chinese couple refuse to move

A lone apartment building stands in the middle of a newly built road after an elderly couple refused to relocate.

Luo Baogen and his wife insist on living in the half-demolished building in the city of Wenling, in Zhejiang province, China because they believe that the relocation compensation offered by the government is not enough.

Now the only building left standing, the five storey block is a strange sight as cars drive around it while the couple remain living inside.

To ensure the couple

↡ Advertisement

It's just a matter of time. :D

Their policy lagi boh chap. Imagine the elderly couple retire and enjoy the rest of their days and this happen. Where are they going to find the money to top up the relocation and housing money? I think banks will reject their application for loan due to age. Where are they going to find ppl to hire them to work? They are victims of China's fast growing urbanisation. At least here ppl can seek MP for help. Where do this couple seek help from?

This is what I will name this road.... 绝路.

Edited by Watwheels

Won't sell up? Enjoy living in the middle of a motorway! Road is built around a house after elderly Chinese couple refuse to move

A lone apartment building stands in the middle of a newly built road after an elderly couple refused to relocate.

Luo Baogen and his wife insist on living in the half-demolished building in the city of Wenling, in Zhejiang province, China because they believe that the relocation compensation offered by the government is not enough.

Now the only building left standing, the five storey block is a strange sight as cars drive around it while the couple remain living inside.

To ensure the couple

our govt has demolished hundreds of kampongs, old shops, old flats for "national interest", and left some of the lands vacated for 10-15 years

the owners cannot reject due to the land acquisition act

a good example is lakeview estate along upper thomson road

my kampung was asked to make way for 'Seletar New Town' in the early '80s. i dun think can find such a town yet on our maps. now the big tract of land is lying vacant beside the SLE.

my kampung was asked to make way for 'Seletar New Town' in the early '80s. i dun think can find such a town yet on our maps. now the big tract of land is lying vacant beside the SLE.

The thieving ba5tards are holding the land for a good price.

our govt has demolished hundreds of kampongs, old shops, old flats for "national interest", and left some of the lands vacated for 10-15 years

post-16885-1353808890_thumb.jpg

lakeview: nice and busy estate in the 80s

then they decided to demolish it

left vacant for 15 years

price of land cheong until buay lin chu

that's where the demand for new HDB come from mah...

This one is really my grandfather's road.

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement