TP link range extender good?

Joemit7850

hello,

i just bought a TP Link WR941ND wireless router but one of my bedroom signal still only 3 bar (same as before when i using wireless g)

should i buy a range extender? will it help to increase the coverage but not reducing any speed at the same time?

i had heard that they will help to increase coverage but as they are sharing the speed will decrease,

what is the solution?

Thks

Edited by Joemit7850
↡ Advertisement

hello,

i just bought a TP Link WR941ND wireless router but one of my bedroom signal still only 3 bad (same as before when i using wireless g)

should i buy a range extender? will it help to increase the coverage but not reducing any speed at the same time?

i had heard that they will help to increase coverage but as they are sharing the speed will decrease,

what is the solution?

Thks

yes the useful wireless network bandwidth will be halved effectively. Look at the positioning of your router first. it should ideally be centralised in the house.

Neutral Newbie

Buy a N router ... Router that can transfer your signal @ 300MBPS per second.

If your BB speed is low, you can't blame the router and even buying a extender is a waste of money.

My Fibre BB when do a direct connection can reached up to 128 MBPS download speed, though i sign up for 100 MBPS. When i do a wireless connection, the speed drop till around 40 to 50 MBPS. My router is AZTECH 300mbps router.

You can buy a wifi extender, but 1st check your BB speed and router. My brother, using Singnet BB 3 MBPS is slowing to a crawl even when doing a direct connection.

Wi-fi Signal get lower as they need to pass through walls.

OR Alternatively use this to wire up your home wirelessly :

http://www.aztech.com/sg/prod_homeplug.html

Neutral Newbie

for Singtel ADSL need to use extender? any other device that's suitable

Singnet ADSL is a crap piece of technology. The fastest speed they can go is 15 Mbps. They are using copper wire.

my router best... I cant get a signal in my toilet but i can get a signal at my void deck.

Why you want to bring your laptop/mobile to the toilet?

Why you want to bring your laptop/mobile to the toilet?now

Nowadays surfing while doing your 'business is common, since we have tablet. In the old days, we sometime dream of having a tv in the bath room, with tablet even better.

Which is also why I try not to borrow someone else handphone, or get a 2nd hand one-

Why you want to bring your laptop/mobile to the toilet?

Me [:p] I got no time for newspaper so I bring my iPad with me there to catch up on the news. [:p]

↡ Advertisement