Mazda 6 2.0 HB

Davekiat

I'm shopping around for a replacement car as my current car is too small for my needs. Looking into a 2 liter hatchback as I need to hull things around occasionally and the I need the backseat to fold down. Cars that meet my needs are:

Hatchback

Stationwagon

I quite impressed with the 2006-2007 Mazda 6 2.0 HB as the rear seats fold down and its a hatchback. It is reasonably cheap for a 2 liter japanese car. Anyone here drives a Mazda 6? What are the common problems for such cars that are above 6 years?

I am not too concerned about wear and tear items like engine mount, shock absorbers but more on the gearbox, chassis noise, engine etc that cost more than $2k to replace.

↡ Advertisement

Seems like you are quite firm in getting Mz6.... Go ahead as you have already listed most, if not all the issue that Mz6 will potentially give.

Am driving sp model since 06. So far so good, reliable and would say is an underappreciated car. Depending on the driving style of the previous owner, else everything should be fine for this car.

Heard from hearsay source that hatch back will give irritating sound when driving on the road. may be thats due to wear n tear on the rubber seal for the rear boot window.....

Enjoy ur car shopping....

Mazda cars very little problem,my brother's 323,9 years 4 months car,now still driving,no breakdown,only change shock absorbers & alternator....

Mazda cars very little problem,my brother's 323,9 years 4 months car,now still driving,no breakdown,only change shock absorbers & alternator....

Will be changing to the lastest Mazda 6 soon.

Probably because it has Ford underpinnings so it sort of handles like a Conti. [:p]

Mazda only shared the chassis with the Laser/323,the rest of the Ford chassis like Mondeo is usually is shared with Jaguar.

↡ Advertisement