Black Garlic - Really that wonderful for health?

Albeniz

no amt of supplement and food will relieve your cholestrol, blood pressure and other ailments if you dont practise good dietary habit and exercises.

for me, my trigyceride and cholestrol were on the high level for years. i tried taking red yeast capsules, fish oil and plant sterol but doesnt help much. at that time, i still eat alot without control and dont exercise at all.

So finally, i took the motivation to exercise and i lost more than 12kg in 6mths and the last blood test shown i have normalised my LDL, HDL improves and my trigyercide has also normalised. Nothing beat losing weight and good eating habit.

Many of these product claims are used to trick ignorant ppl who think by drinking milk added w plant sterol, it will lower their cholestrol. theorically plant sterol works but if u think by eating food added w sterol will improve ur health, its just so dumb.

Well done bro!! Its amazing that u can lose 12kg in 6 months.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yes, healthy exercise is still best.

Next is just to eat fresh and non processed food, east fresh veggie and fresh cooked meat. Even eating lots of natural animal skins(baked or grilled), is much healthier than eating fried stuff!

I believe it's the dangerous preservatives, and processed chemicals that is the main culprit for the woes many have in their health.

I have changed my health, after buying the Philips air fryer, now I feel brighter and less falling sick.

Now all I need is to start exercising, to complete my healthy living pledge for 2012. Hell, let me start my new exercise resolution come 2013.

The only supplement I eat is the centrum multi vits.

All these red yeast, black garlic, beet root crystals, bee pollen, collagen, etc...tried them all....and wasted so much money.

The money I saved monthly from NOT buying these useless food supplements, is able to allow me to own a nicer car.

Taking supplement is ok but overly or even spend high price of buying these supplement not very advisable. Best option still work on daily diet and exercising than taking supplement.

All these red yeast, black garlic, beet root crystals, bee pollen, collagen, etc...tried them all....and wasted so much money.

Ok i want to make a defence of red yeast.

I believe the original cholesterol controlling medications (statins group) was 1st derived from red yeast. So yes red yeast has some mild effect on cholesterol/lipids.

Beet root/garlic whatever, i think all this consume the natural product itself with a good diet would be helpful. [;)]

black garlic is type of fermented garlic..... not same as normal garlic. dunno good or not.

fermentation and carcinogenic can be related in most case, best to tread carefully

fermentation and carcinogenic can be related in most case, best to tread carefully

Better eat is raw if you and your tummy can take it....try spirulina instead.....

Well done bro!! Its amazing that u can lose 12kg in 6 months.

bro, i have a problem now.

my body seems to lost alot of fats that i start to feel 'boney'. my bones and joints are more obvious and feel like no fats to cushion them from knock.

i also started to eat more so that my body wont continue to shrink. i still maintain my exercise regimen, at least 5km run/1hr swim almost every week day and at least 35km cycle on weekend. i think my body is becoming like those ppl who do marathon, lean and boney. I also experience 'bubble' cracking all over my body but i also see lean muscles appear more obvious.

good or bad? i think im addicted to keep slim and fit now. 1 day no exercise i feel weird.

I was 173cm/74. now 173/61.

Edited by Babyt

I buy supplement from IHERB.com. much more cheaper than buying here.

U can buy all kind of supplements there but wont feel the hole in ur pocket.

I still eat fish oil.

For spirulina and chlorella, i cant feel it except that it makes my stool greenish.

For cholestrol maintaince, i m now taking beta sitersetrol. used to take red yeast but i dislike the taste when i burp and it can be bad for liver i heard.

my body seems to lost alot of fats that i start to feel 'boney'. my bones and joints are more obvious and feel like no fats to cushion them from knock.

i also started to eat more so that my body wont continue to shrink. i still maintain my exercise regimen, at least 5km run/1hr swim almost every week day and at least 35km cycle on weekend. i think my body is becoming like those ppl who do marathon, lean and boney. I also experience 'bubble' cracking all over my body but i also see lean muscles appear more obvious.

good or bad? i think im addicted to keep slim and fit now. 1 day no exercise i feel weird.

If you feel weird if 1 day no exercise, you might have overly exercise and obsessed with it. Maybe it's time for you to adjust a bit and reduce your exercise routine?! [rolleyes]

I think u r over doing your exercise liao, bro.

Keep it moderate. No need to do everyday. it depends on what you are doing for exercise. If you are just doing brisk walking, then everyday can do. No problem. If you are talking about running, gym, cycling etc, everyday do is over-doing liao. Its no good for your knees and ankle.

oh, u mention 5km run almost every day? its over doing it. tone it down.

i got friends who are like you. Must run everyday. If no run one day, they will feel v uneasy. It is called "Obession". Bad for you.

And now, all of them got knee and ankle problems. What's the point?

It's not how you start. It's how you end. Don't end up with more problems than before. It's the wrong way to do it.

I advocate brisk walking. Running is bad as you age. Brisk walking is the safest exercise, next to swimming. And brisk walking can burn same amt of calories than running.

Bro......at 173/61, you should STOP doing cardio.

Good that you have lost fats, now is time to build back muscles!!

If you keep doing cardio, you will contiinue to lose weight.

So what you should do is stop cardio (or keep it minimmal) and start doing weight training instead.

You will look great if you put back 10kg of muscle into your frame.

yea. im only 31yo.

and yes, my running and cycling have make my joints aching at time. i also feel 'bubble cracking' all over my body.

i dont like brisk walk cos the time taken to burn same amt of calories is longer. i havent start gyming yet but soon next year when i can go gym for free. currently playing w dumbell to train my arms cos they are looking too skinny!

bro try adjust ur training regime. everyday run 5km no problem, but cut down on ur timing, try complete it under 20mins, it helps to build the strength muscles also. as for swimming, try swim at 90% of ur full speed at one lap, den return lap take ur time to drift back, den repeat. it will help buld ur strength muscles instead of jus endurance muscles, which u r having now, lean. take more protein in ur diet, its helps to build the muscles also.

thanks for ur advice.

i can run 5km under 26mins. after running, also feel no kick, maybe sld increase speed or increase distance.

for swimming, i swim continously breaststroke for 45mins also not as tired as before...so i will try ur method, swim fast and then drift back.

me took up slow jogging 3x per week and shed off 20kg in 9mth and stay there... 180cm...from 120 - 100...now no matter how hard i try weight still there. doing 3x 2.4 - 3.2km..... was able to do 10+chin up when i am 90...now only +10kg 2 even cant go up....lol...but my waist line dropped 6 inches by cutting down 20kg....

I find walking is a good way to exercise even on daily basis. Running is also good but do not run too much, it is really bad for knees.

↡ Advertisement