Black Garlic - Really that wonderful for health?

Albeniz

i went from L sized tee to S sized top.

My jeans also from 32in to 29in.

a complete wardrobe overhaul.

backside becomes flatter because of lost fats thus feel painful when doing crunches cos can feel the bones .

↡ Advertisement

Bro......at 173/61, you should STOP doing cardio.

Good that you have lost fats, now is time to build back muscles!!

If you keep doing cardio, you will contiinue to lose weight.

So what you should do is stop cardio (or keep it minimmal) and start doing weight training instead.

You will look great if you put back 10kg of muscle into your frame.

Either that, you can just maintain and stay lean. I once put a load of chest muscles and trust me, it doesn't look good when you don't maintain it [laugh] . Not a bad idea just looking lean [laugh]

Yeah, there are some benefits related to black garlic. Those include protection from infection, preventing disease since it has got antioxidants which are very healthy. Some people like to include it into their daily diet.

I know is damn hard...

You just have to force yourself.. i force myself to jog daily without fail

if rainy days, i will cycle on my stationery bicycle at home...

Wow! All u guys are power!!!

How did u guys do it?

I am 173kg, 85/86kg, age 37.. damn hard to start exercising.

I know is damn hard...

You just have to force yourself.. i force myself to jog daily without fail

if rainy days, i will cycle on my stationery bicycle at home...

one thing.. run too much is bad for your knee/joints.. go swimming better.

also got occasional chio mei mei to ogle at :wub:

dun run too much loh, i firmly subscribe the believe it the intensity and not the duration.

i 175cm, 85kg previously 1.5yrs ago. age 31 now

sian of failin ippt and sudden wan to try to push myself and see can get gold anot. so i started this trainin regime under my fren's advise

mon- run 1 lap(400m) in 100 sec, rest 100 sec, complete 6 rds (2.4) follow by some normal static exercise such as crunches squats and push up chin ups

time taken for runnin 10mins, resting 8mins 20sec, total time taken 18mins 20 sec

wed-sprint 100m, slow jog/walk 100m repeat for 4 rds on the lap

fri-repeat monday trainin

i cut down on my rest time as i feel i improving, starting by resting 60sec(1min) den 40sec, after tt i change to run 2rds(800m) in 200 sec(same pace) den start resting 100sec before i go for another 2 rds.

cut long story short, i manage to cut 15kg away in a month, and i manage to get gold in ippt on november. i ended such training this yr april, peak ippt timing 9min 24 sec, but my weight nv increase back, maybe 1 or 2 kg only. stick to normal swims and soccer sessions to maintain it. but tryin to do wed trainin again to maintain fitness for soccer.

bros here can try modify the pace to suit ur needs, example if u only want to pass ippt nia, den run 1 rd at 120sec loh, very relax one trust me. for me i feel is one time xiong jialat jialat den can faster see the effects.

KEY:

1)I nv ran anythin more den 2.4km... strictly 2.4 nia, i HATE running. as much if not more den most bros do here.

2)start sure feel tired, but 100sec of rest is more den enuff to make u feel fresh all over, initial stage is all abt gettin used to the pace

3) i not so strict on myself, i did cheat abt 3 or 4 times a month

4)my wed training is gd if u wan get fitness for sports, such as soccer. make ur body recover faster after a sprint and ready to chiong again for a counter attack or rush back to defend.

Anybody tried making black garlic using rice cooker put to warm for about 7 to 10 days?

My skin not too good, chance upon an article from sgh website.

http://www.sgh.com.sg/about-us/newsroom/News-Articles-Reports/Pages/Healthmagicinblackgarlic.aspx

$6 per day is too much for me, so trying to experiment to make black garlic using an old cooker.

http://www.shinshine.com/my-blog/2014/03/rc-black-garlic.html

Anybody tried making black garlic using rice cooker put to warm for about 7 to 10 days?

http://www.sgh.com.sg/about-us/newsroom/News-Articles-Reports/Pages/Healthmagicinblackgarlic.aspx

$6 per day is too much for me, so trying to experiment to make black garlic using an old cooker.

Business consultant and part-time marathon runner Edward Goh, 50, started eating black garlic last June to lower his cholesterol level.

His cholesterol was considered high at 250mg/dL. According to the Singapore Heart Foundation’s guidelines, an average adult should maintain his total cholesterol level at less than 200mg/dL.

“I was not taking medication because I do not believe in having chemicals in my body.” says Mr Goh. “After eating two cloves of raw black garlic daily for a few weeks and doing constant exercise, my cholesterol level dropped to below 200mg/dL.”

Health reasons aside, Mr Goh, who spends $68 on a pack of six which lasts him around six weeks, is also a fan of the tangy sweet taste of black garlic.

He says: “There’s a balsamic taste I like. It’s really tasty.”

Which contributed to the lowering of the cholesterol?

Well, the economy needs people to spend on frivolous unproven stuff to keep churning, let him be.

I take issue with SGH publishing this article on their website with editorial never really putting their position on the claims strongly.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Very often, I am amused by all these talks about what is good and everybody starts crazy over it. Most edible things are good but you consume them in moderation. The best food is also bad for your health if you overate them.

The simplest food is the most healthy food. If you stick to your daily 3 meals, I am quite sure you will be living to your max years as against eating too much other foods. Most of our problems start with what we put into our mouth, that is my opinion.

Start spending time outdoor and not in shopping malls, you wont need black garlic or vitamins. unfortunately, this is not doing any good to our already depressed retail market.

• Praise 3

I don't want to advocate balanced diet, regular exercise and what not here.

Everyone has his way and lifestyle. Everyone knows the things that are good for our body if we faithfully follow them through. But how many of us, by choice, circumstances or otherwise, can do that faithfully, year in and year out?  For those who cannot, some kind of supplement or substitution is in good order and probably necessary!

So why take issue if someone said on SGH website that black garlic if health beneficial? If you look at the fine prints on any organizational website, there is something called "disclaimer". The writer's intention was to share something which is beneficial to health, what's the problem?

For those who wanted to try out black garlic but not willing to pay the price of the ready made. A DIY will cost you a fraction of the price.

I got 1.8L pressure rice cooker from S Sxxng  at < $30.00. Buy 4 small bags of garlic at <$10.00 but managed to put in about 32 garlic or <3 bags. You need to cut small bamboo mattress from neighborhood budget shop to separate different layers of garlic. Break up some garlic and fill the empty spaces with the cloves. I kept in on in warm mode for 14 days and air dry (with slow ceiling fan blowing for 2-3 days) before storing them in the fridge. Youtube has plenty clips on this.

Try to place it near the window of your balcony or you get to smell the faint odor from the cooker.

The DIY way with electricity but excluding the cost of rice cooker probably cost you <30 cts per bulb.

Do I find it beneficial? Well my 1st batch of home made ones is still air drying- so too early to tell. Want to know more about black garlic, just google "benefits of black garlic" and you can get them all in medical terms.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

don't waste money on this.

just eat normal garlic will do.   the difference is black garlic does not have the pungent taste and smell of a normal garlic. maybe it will only appeal to those who hate the pungent smell and taste. But to pay 1000x times more?  you got to be crazy.

How much is normal garlic?  its dirt cheap until u can throw away without feeling a pinch.

• Praise 1

I take issue when these disclaimers are in fine prints.

Just like all those voodoo investment products that wiped out hard earned savings of the lesser educated elderly. I am sure there are pages of fineprints to to clear the banks/insurance agents of any liability.

There is such a thing as silent endorsement. You put a slimming pill brand advertisement in front of a clinic, the patients are not wrong to infer that the clinic's doctor is endorsing this product.

Similarly if you put articles expounding on the benefits of these unproven (non research based evidence) supplements on a large government restructured hospital website, you are going to mislead or subconsciously  influence the patient to believe that the supplement is endorsed by the hospital, a medical institute with authority and influence far greater than that of a single clinic.

There are 2 different kinds of fine prints:

- Fine prints on disclaimers are just there to protect those who have something to hide or they themselves not 100% certain that their claims are true.

-Fine prints that has scientific/medical journal research papers to back each claim stated are the fine prints all patient should be looking out for.

So, if you decide to embark on your path to better health and longevity based on what you have read from the internet, by all means go for it because I assume you have read all the fine prints and are happy with the risk vs benefit of the endeavor.

But, please do not assume everyone is as well read or well informed about medications, supplements, risks vs benefits as you.

First order of medical profession is "do no harm". 

I don't want to advocate balanced diet, regular exercise and what not here.

Everyone has his way and lifestyle. Everyone knows the things that are good for our body if we faithfully follow them through. But how many of us, by choice, circumstances or otherwise, can do that faithfully, year in and year out?  For those who cannot, some kind of supplement or substitution is in good order and probably necessary!

So why take issue if someone said on SGH website that black garlic if health beneficial? If you look at the fine prints on any organizational website, there is something called "disclaimer". The writer's intention was to share something which is beneficial to health, what's the problem?

For those who wanted to try out black garlic but not willing to pay the price of the ready made. A DIY will cost you a fraction of the price.

I got 1.8L pressure rice cooker from S Sxxng  at < $30.00. Buy 4 small bags of garlic at <$10.00 but managed to put in about 32 garlic or <3 bags. You need to cut small bamboo mattress from neighborhood budget shop to separate different layers of garlic. Break up some garlic and fill the empty spaces with the cloves. I kept in on in warm mode for 14 days and air dry (with slow ceiling fan blowing for 2-3 days) before storing them in the fridge. Youtube has plenty clips on this.

Try to place it near the window of your balcony or you get to smell the faint odor from the cooker.

The DIY way with electricity but excluding the cost of rice cooker probably cost you <30 cts per bulb.

Do I find it beneficial? Well my 1st batch of home made ones is still air drying- so too early to tell. Want to know more about black garlic, just google "benefits of black garlic" and you can get them all in medical terms.

• Praise 1

I take issue when these disclaimers are in fine prints.

Just like all those voodoo investment products that wiped out hard earned savings of the lesser educated elderly. I am sure there are pages of fineprints to to clear the banks/insurance agents of any liability.

There is such a thing as silent endorsement. You put a slimming pill brand advertisement in front of a clinic, the patients are not wrong to infer that the clinic's doctor is endorsing this product.

Similarly if you put articles expounding on the benefits of these unproven (non research based evidence) supplements on a large government restructured hospital website, you are going to mislead or subconsciously  influence the patient to believe that the supplement is endorsed by the hospital, a medical institute with authority and influence far greater than that of a single clinic.

There are 2 different kinds of fine prints:

- Fine prints on disclaimers are just there to protect those who have something to hide or they themselves not 100% certain that their claims are true.

-Fine prints that has scientific/medical journal research papers to back each claim stated are the fine prints all patient should be looking out for.

So, if you decide to embark on your path to better health and longevity based on what you have read from the internet, by all means go for it because I assume you have read all the fine prints and are happy with the risk vs benefit of the endeavor.

But, please do not assume everyone is as well read or well informed about medications, supplements, risks vs benefits as you.

First order of medical profession is "do no harm". 

I no have legal knowledge and no want to act like one (who has). But even to my simpleton mind, there are more than 2 types of fine print. That aside, we are talking about black garlic in this thread. And the fine print I obviously refereed to is that contributors opinion's do not necessary represent those of the website owner.

Like I tried to explain in my poor English that the writer is only trying to share with others what she find beneficial to those who may find it interesting. She is not trying to sell any investment scheme, slimming pills and not even ABC or XYZ Brand of Black Garlic. Even that can displease you?!

If you include (black) garlic as unproven supplement, it only reflects on your gross prejudice, I no want to say utter ignorance as it may constitute a personal attack. From simple old folks to nutritionist and scientists, almost everyone knows to certain degree the benefits of garlic. And I said in my earlier post, google it and one can find everything about benefits of garlic, black and white in scientific and medical terms.

If SGH website writes about benefits of apple, orange or certain vege, you would probably take issues on the same grounds stated.

Well take issues all you want, not that anyone really bothers. One day you ma ybe credited as 1st man in history to find bone in an egg.  

Just that I don't want to be part of it. So do forgive me if I do not respond to your reply.

Relak guys, its only garlic lah. Unless you are Count Dracula.

That said, you guys should try raw garlic. It is really "uplifting" and can improve sex drive (so says my wife). Hahahahaha

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Side track a little......... 

Got Black Garlic , got white garlic , good inputs;

Got Black Soybean, got white soybean (but the packet price is same , lucky me!)    Any bros know the real difference (if any) or are they just like people got black, whites and coloureds  [laugh]    (but inside is all same) 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Relak guys, its only garlic lah. Unless you are Count Dracula.

That said, you guys should try raw garlic. It is really "uplifting" and can improve sex drive (so says my wife). Hahahahaha

hmmm .... interesting ...

how to use the raw garlic ? or is it applied somewhere ? 

[:p]

↡ Advertisement