Black Garlic - Really that wonderful for health?

Albeniz

thought just use butcher knife blade to smash it, pop into mouth nomnomnom will do.

Or chopped chillis pair with chopped garlic.

hmmm .... interesting ...

how to use the raw garlic ? or is it applied somewhere ? 

[:p]

↡ Advertisement

thought just use butcher knife blade to smash it, pop into mouth nomnomnom will do.

oh ... oral ....

was thinking whether it was something else that I need to learn today ...  [laugh]

• Praise 1

That said, you guys should try raw garlic. It is really "uplifting" and can improve sex drive (so says my wife). Hahahahaha

I concur. Started to take black garlic only yesterday. Then early this morning I felt the Mari Kita.

Anyway, that wasn't my purpose of trying out black garlic. I hope that it can improve my skin condition which frequently need the infamous steroid to control.

One can't take too much raw garlic, even with food, due to its pungent taste. For the black one, with its slight sweet taste and practically no odor, it's easier to take the daily 3 to 5 cloves needed. Some may find the sweet taste a bit weird, but then if it helps, I'll take it no matter what taste.

Got Black Soybean, got white soybean (but the packet price is same , lucky me!)    Any bros know the real difference (if any) or are they just like people got black, whites and coloureds  [laugh]    (but inside is all same) 

Was immensely disappointed when I bought the black soyabean milk only to find that it is STILL white in colour  [laugh]

hmmm .... interesting ...

how to use the raw garlic ? or is it applied somewhere ? 

[:p]

I don't think you wanna try that. Literally STEAM.  [grin]

i just nibble off with a spoonful of rice. Eating it raw alone is only for people who can take very spicy food. Spicy in this case means "qiang", not chili spicy 

Hypersonic

Was immensely disappointed when I bought the black soyabean milk only to find that it is STILL white in colour  [laugh]

I don't think you wanna try that. Literally STEAM.  [grin]

As I mentioned people also got black, white and coloureds but inside still same lah [laugh] ; No need dissapointment - its only about $1/- for a 1L packet  

(edited)

That said, you guys should try raw garlic. It is really "uplifting" and can improve sex drive (so says my wife). Hahahahaha

Sorry to quote you again bro.  Among the benefits listed, we have:

"It is theorized that garlic may enhance testosterone levels in both men and women suggesting that it may be of benefit to boost libido."     So it's not just imagination.

Please note the words used: theorized and may be of. So if it does not help any of you, don't sue me ho.

Only for those who are interested in (Black) Garlic, these are the definitive benefits:

"Scientists found that each clove of garlic has an astonishing 400 plus beneficial compounds found within the oil. One of the key compounds is called allicin. Each bulb of garlic contains an enzyme called allinase which combines with allinin found in the garlic bulb to form the active compound allicin, which has health enhancing properties and gives garlic its distinctive odour even in some supplements. Odourless garlic supplements are generally considered to be inferior since most have low allicin content.

Research indicates that garlic boosts circulation by increasing the production of hydrogen sulphide. Garlic contains numerous sulphur compounds that may be of benefit in maintaining healthy blood pressure levels and may also aid normal clotting. It is likened to taking low dose aspirin.

Garlic stimulates white blood cell activity required by the immune system for fighting infections including colds and fungal infections including candida. In fact, some studies indicate that garlic fights infections that are often resilient to some antibiotics. Garlic has potent antimicrobial properties and in the 1950’s was used to treat cholera and dysentery. During the First World War, garlic was used to treat battle wounds in the absence of antibiotics.

Garlic has been shown to be of benefit in normalising blood sugar levels and it is thought that this is due to its ability to enhance insulin production.

Because garlic has blood thinning properties, those taking anticoagulant medications should consult their GP before taking any garlic (supplements)"

White Garlic becomes Black Garlic following a month-long fermentation process under strictly controlled heat and humidity. This very specific process results is a soft, jelly-like texture that is free from odour and has a taste similar to figs.

From a nutritional point of view, Black Garlic has a much higher content of allicin, the active ingredient in White Garlic that imparts its benefits, but without the odour. Additionally, Black Garlic is rich in amino acids and has almost double the amount of antioxidants when compared to White Garlic. But that is not the whole story.

Black Garlic also contains an additional very specific compound called S-Allycysteine (SAC) in very high concentrations, compared to White Garlic which is water soluble and thus absorbed easily within the body. S-Allylcysteine has been shown to assist with the absorption of allicin. This makes Black Garlic much more effective than White Garlic for all the benefits mentioned above and additionally it is well tolerated by the digestive system so the chance of gastric distress is completely minimised.

Black Garlic is also naturally rich in Vitamin B6, which contributes; to the reduction of fatigue, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal red blood cell formation, normal function of the immune system, normal homocysteine metabolism and regulation of hormonal activity.

-quotes from various sources.

Edited by Ngseeming

Side track a little......... 

Got Black Garlic , got white garlic , good inputs;

Got Black Soybean, got white soybean (but the packet price is same , lucky me!)    Any bros know the real difference (if any) or are they just like people got black, whites and coloureds  [laugh]    (but inside is all same) 

Black soybean better, when you take out skin inside is light green type.

1kg about $6.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Black soybean better, when you take out skin inside is light green type.

1kg about $6.

tks for the info  - appreciate it

So how much is white soy beans ?? Is it much cheaper as the packet ones are selling at the same price (as far as I know)

tks/rgs; kamani 

• Praise 1

I read a instruction to make black garlic by rice cooker, we have to turn on the cooker during 45 days, i think it's insane

hey,where to buy black soybean?

↡ Advertisement