Arsenal Fans Fall in here... SEDIA..

VellfireS

Seems like Lucas Perez is out for 6 weeks in the latest news. Hope it's not too serious.

Walcott has slight knock, Carzola needs late assessment. Good news is Giroud and Ramsey is back

↡ Advertisement

Great win against a lacklustre Sunderland. Looking at the way they played, I will be real surprised if they can stay up this season.

Great to see giroud score 2 goals with his first 2 touches. Ramsey is also back but he seems rusty. Sanchez is my Motm, working his socks off and chasing every ball.

If we can't even beat the most probable "wooden spoon" team then we are not strong enough mentally to be EPL Champs.

Whatever players permutation AW fields, heck, even the reserved team "ought to beat" Sunderland but AW sensibly picked the strongest available team.

The 4-1 scoreline, though played away, somehow flatters to deceive whereby i think it was a 6.5/10 rather than a vintage performance.

But a win is a win, no matter how ugly or late, moreover missing Cazorla and Walcott.

The next four matches will not define our season yet but will consolidate our standings in the EPL and CL table.

COYG.

If we can't even beat the most probable "wooden spoon" team then we are not strong enough mentally to be EPL Champs.

Whatever players permutation AW fields, heck, even the reserved team "ought to beat" Sunderland but AW sensibly picked the strongest available team.

The 4-1 scoreline, though played away, somehow flatters to deceive whereby i think it was a 6.5/10 rather than a vintage performance.

But a win is a win, no matter how ugly or late, moreover missing Cazorla and Walcott.

The next four matches will not define our season yet but will consolidate our standings in the EPL and CL table.

COYG.

ok lar... we made it hard for ourselves by not kiiling off the game in the first half

but considering we have monreal, carzola and walcott out... and giroud scoring together with gibbs and ox assisting...... quite happy lar.... shows our squad depth

now is to maintain the run with pool and man city also on form

if it was past seasons, we may have lost the sunderland game ... lol

Edited by Galantspeedz

ok lar... we made it hard for ourselves by not kiiling off the game in the first half

but considering we have monreal, carzola and walcott out... and giroud scoring together with gibbs and ox assisting...... quite happy lar.... shows our squad depth

now is to maintain the run with pool and man city also on form

if it was past seasons, we may have lost the sunderland game ... lol

Crazy run of games coming up after the CL game with Ludugorets

Against Spurs at Home, Away to Manu, and then PSG. If we can win these 4 games, we are be quietly confident of a good season :)

Crazy run of games coming up after the CL game with Ludugorets

Against Spurs at Home, Away to Manu, and then PSG. If we can win these 4 games, we are be quietly confident of a good season :)

i wait till Jan first before getting our hopes high.... we usually do badly during winter season

i wait till Jan first before getting our hopes high.... we usually do badly during winter season

Haha yes, we traditionally buang during year end xmas period, largely due to injuries to key players.

Hopefully we will successfully navigate thru with a much deeper squad this year.

Ozil goal reminds me of how Henry used to finish...loop the keeper, fake 1, fake 2 defenders, coolly slotting home.

But the first 15 mins was like, WTF, I feel Ospina was the caused as somehow defenders would probably feel more secure or assured if Cech (bigger presence) was behind them.

It was the strongest possible players selection (other than GK) stubborn mule could conjure, so a let up in that aspect. Seems left back is fast becoming a problem if pacy wingers are placed there, Gibbs nor Monreal is a perm fixture for me.

Its only Ludogorets, if a stronger opponent at 2-0 down away, very hard to come back liao. On the bright side, the team had the mental strength and belief to scored 3 in return, this could be very helpful against Spud this weekend.

So now for the classic dilemma of advancing CL group stages, the bottom two teams CANNOT catch top two, so for the next matches against PSG and Basel...what would AW think?
Save on players for other competitions and risk being 2nd to face other group winners or go all out to win the group. [grouphug]

Turbocharged

What a goal from Ozil! The control is really exquisite. Look like trolling the 2 defenders and GK and just walk the ball into goal!

wow yes... he's cool as cucumber

flipped the ball over the gk and then left the 2 poor chaps on their backsides

wow yes... he's cool as cucumber

flipped the ball over the gk and then left the 2 poor chaps on their backsides

Definitely worth watching again and again! How often u see ownself assist ownself haha.

This is the first goal in history that the player who scored the goal is also the one who provided the assist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSFzVpTXG8M

Edited by Matoonia
  • Praise 3

People can have their opinions, I will give that. But relentless fcking name calling and being a constant wet blanket whatever the team does or the gaffer sets up seems uncalled to me.

Criticise is ok... but wanton abuse doesn't help the team or the cause. Sad to say some Gunners here can't see that distinction.

NLD in 1 hours time! No carzola, but xhaka is back with Coq in the middle of park. Front 3 of Sanchez iwobi and Walcott which has served us well so far. Good options on the bench in giroud and Ramsey. Win and we be top of table! COYG!

Edited by Matoonia

Draw seems a fair result.....

Wish we could have held on... when our clearance for their goal didn't go past the halfway line... I was already going "oh-oh"... and true enough, Dembele muscled in for a penalty.

Ox was poor when he came on... tough pressure cooker derby situation... I wish we could have gone on to win all three points.

↡ Advertisement