Noisy at low speed

Eric76

Hi guys, my ride (Kia Forte) 3 yrs old on stock tyre (17" rim), still got enough trend. Recent few months i feel the road noise getting louder especially at low speed at about 40 kph, the sound is like a regular repeating "Hong, hong hong" type of noise from the tyres, when high speed it seems better don't have such repeating noise, any bro know this is due to the tyre uneven wearing or any other problem like bearings? Just did tyre rotation 3 month ago in last servicing

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, my ride (Kia Forte) 3 yrs old on stock tyre (17" rim), still got enough trend. Recent few months i feel the road noise getting louder especially at low speed at about 40 kph, the sound is like a regular repeating "Hong, hong hong" type of noise from the tyres, when high speed it seems better don't have such repeating noise, any bro know this is due to the tyre uneven wearing or any other problem like bearings? Just did tyre rotation 3 month ago in last servicing

Can be your wheel bearings needs replacing.

Yr tire might hv a bulge or yr wheel bearing gone liow.

Do u overinflate yr tires?

Edited by Pisces69

3 years old tires?? Time to change eventhough there is still threads left...

Ya i know the tyre is quite a bit of age but my driving normally quite short dist one, total mileage now 40k+ only, what i scare is the bearing got problem [sweatdrop]

Ya i know the tyre is quite a bit of age but my driving normally quite short dist one, total mileage now 40k+ only, what i scare is the bearing got problem [sweatdrop]

40kkm cannot be bearing noise... i've changed my bearing at 135kkm.

Confirm it's tire noise. Irregular wear or hardened rubber...

I have similar issues when I first switched to Hankook...

After 3mths of usage there is some noise when travel at ard 80km/h

Checked bearing and tyres with no issues so continue to ignore the noise but needs to regularly check tyres and bearing at each service jus to be sure....

I have similar issues when I first switched to Hankook...

After 3mths of usage there is some noise when travel at ard 80km/h

Checked bearing and tyres with no issues so continue to ignore the noise but needs to regularly check tyres and bearing at each service jus to be sure....

Previously my Hankook V12 gave the same kind of noise as well.

I also encounter the "hong hong hong" sound but at around 60-80km/h at certain part of highway.

I am also using hankook v12 tyres and they are coming 3yrs old. Think time to change tyres liao <_<

40kkm cannot be bearing noise... i've changed my bearing at 135kkm.

Confirm it's tire noise. Irregular wear or hardened rubber...

U change bearing? what brand n maybe not properly installed.

Did u put bearing seals?

Tires 3 yrs not too bad yet.

Bro..you talking abt wear n tear..n 40k plus more then enough but the degrading of the rubber quality dues to the aging also very important.

If you observe there is crack line on the rubber better change.

↡ Advertisement