We Are Still The BEST..... SIA

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged

Singapore airline deboards Indian-origin parents after pilot refused to fly 5-year-old specially aided daughter

An Indian-origin passenger Divya George who lives with her husband and five-year-old daughter in Singapore has hit out at ‘Scoot’ airline in a Facebook post. George claimed that she was going for a three-day vacation to Phuket with her husband and daughter when the captain of the plane allegedly denied flying with her daughter after realising that she is specially aided. George who is originally from Kerala claimed that the captain of the plane refused to fly after he got to know that her daughter is suffering from a condition called muscular dystrophy.

“#flyscoot. Our flight that was to take off at 7:35am has been delayed by an hour so far because they refuse to fly with my special needs child. They want to deplane us because they refuse to take her. #flyscoot #singaporeairlines #silkair,” she said in her first Facebook post.

When people started asking her for more updates, George in another post, said that their daughter always had her own seat and alleged that she was denied an infant seat belt by the captain. “For those of you waiting for an update….. our daughter has ALWAYS HAD HER OWN SEAT. This is how the Capt wanted my daughter to fly. Our request for using an infant seat belt was denied as she’s a child with her own seat. (While she’s 5 years old she weighs 8.5 kgs and is the size of a 1 year old),” the post read.

George claimed that their request for a belt was rejected citing safety reasons. The captain refused to speak to the couple for an hour and told them they could either deboard or leave their daughter in her own seat.

She added that when they finally got to speak with the captain and explained to him that she could slide off the seat, he replied, “Then it’s the airlines lookout.”

“Our daughter cannot sit alone in her seat, if she does that, she’ll fall off and hurt her back. This is not the first time we are flying with her and none of the other airlines have refused to fly with her. I keep her in my lap throughout the flight and they provide me with an infant seat belt. But this time, the Captain outrightly refused to fly with her on my lap and insisted that she sits in her seat,” George said in another post.

She shared a few images of her daughter and husband in the flight, waiting for it to take off. She also posted a video of her daughter.

George said that what was supposed to be a great holiday turned out to be a nightmare for her family. “What was meant to be an amazing start to a holiday turned out to be a nightmare. As always we requested the ground staff for a baby belt and they agreed that word would be sent to the Capt,” she added.

The woman added that she decided to give inside details as people had started to troll her and it was important to clarify a few things. “I’m heartbroken to be told that some Capt won’t fly my daughter as she can’t sit on her own seat for no fault of hers,” she added.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Flight to India will be 99% filled with South Asians.... they are really vocal and complainy.

Don't really believe the part about being threatened and rude by cabin crew. Knowing their type, probably shout and scream and thus cabin crew has to be tough to keep order.

But SIA need to have better protocol during this type of delays.

Without knowing the full details, yes, I agree on this – was the best protocol followed. Working ias a pilot/cabin crew in this sector must have very cool temperament to a certain limit.

South Asian customers are the most demanding.

Especially the women. 

She s stupid enough to use the words we confronted.

This is air range and is wrong already.

Why must she confront?  

And since she said she did confront them.

They have every right to kick her off.

She is lucky they didn't do it.

:D  

The clientele from this destination are well known for being demanding, noisy, rude, imperious.

Talking about airlines in general - 3 hours stuck in an airplane that has no aircon is no joke.

There must be something that prevents the Capt to arrange for disembarkation to airport terminal.

• Praise 1

South Asian customers are the most demanding.

Especially the women.

She s stupid enough to use the words we confronted.

This is air range and is wrong already.

Why must she confront?

And since she said she did confront them.

They have every right to kick her off.

She is lucky they didn't do it.

Having said that the crew should be trained in the BA approach.

I was delayed about 3 hours with no air con and first a few parents

asked for cold water for their kids and when too many they started

carrying out trays of cold water for everybody and then the captain

announced the delay. Once he says technical issue no need to explain

any more. Then when passengers start to complain get the complaint

forms out and hand it out to the complainers and tell them please put down

your feedback to the management. And to get empathy also side with

the passengers and say we also want to depart as soon as possible but

they will only clear us when its safe to go very gently emphasizing their

safety is the most important priority here.

:D

Wow! 3 hrs is no joke......Did your MIL sat beside you?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Without knowing the full details, yes, I agree on this â was the best protocol followed. Working ias a pilot/cabin crew in this sector must have very cool temperament to a certain limit.

The clientele from this destination are well known for being demanding, noisy, rude, imperious.

Talking about airlines in general - 3 hours stuck in an airplane that has no aircon is no joke.

There must be something that prevents the Capt to arrange for disembarkation to airport terminal.

Disembark normally means the pax will have to re-do security screening again once the flight is cleared to proceed. Consider their bags as well ... That will incur an additional delay.

That's why for tech delays the crew will want an accurate assessment from the engineering, how long they need to fix the faults. If engineering is experienced and confident, they can give a fairly accurate estimate. Then can decide whether to keep pax onboard or disembark ( and crew also need to change, sometimes, if their duty time will be exceeded).

Some guess-timate and experience counts here. But when things go wrong, kpkb all the way. When things go right, as is often the case many times over, no one noticed. That's engineering job for you! [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Disembark normally means the pax will have to re-do security screening again once the flight is cleared to proceed. Consider their bags as well ... That will incur an additional delay.

That's why for tech delays the crew will want an accurate assessment from the engineering, how long they need to fix the faults. If engineering is experienced and confident, they can give a fairly accurate estimate. Then can decide whether to keep pax onboard or disembark ( and crew also need to change, sometimes, if their duty time will be exceeded).

Some guess-timate and experience counts here. But when things go wrong, kpkb all the way. When things go right, as is often the case many times over, no one noticed. That's engineering job for you! [laugh]

Is there a money factor as well? if disembark - there will be charges for the security re-screeing and use of the gate? Airline have to pay - which they will try to avoid.

Best is don't encounter such a flight [laugh]

• Praise 2

(edited)

Let me side-track this a bit... SIA related though.

was recently on a flight to Jpn and there was this particular stewardess that was on board... i can't imagine how she got thru the selection process  [;)]  

If she's out of uniform and tells me she is a stewardess I would prob laugh my head off  :blink:

On the other hand, the Japanese stewardess on my aisle was a real beauty  :wub:

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

was recently on a flight to Jpn and there was this particular stewardess that was on board... i can't imagine how she got thru the selection process [;)]

If she's out of uniform and tells me she is a stewardess I would prob laugh my head off :blink:

On the other hand, the Japanese stewardess on my aisle was a real beauty :wub:

You might be surprised how many cabin crew look pretty ordinary once they are out of that corset and tight uniform and no makeup. Body slim but that's not out of the ordinary, looks nothing special. The long hours in dry cabin air also doesn't help.

Supersonic

was recently on a flight to Jpn and there was this particular stewardess that was on board... i can't imagine how she got thru the selection process [;)]

If she's out of uniform and tells me she is a stewardess I would prob laugh my head off :blink:

On the other hand, the Japanese stewardess on my aisle was a real beauty :wub:

Gimme ANA anytime

post-1105-0-55670300-1529749114_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Twincharged

was recently on a flight to Jpn and there was this particular stewardess that was on board... i can't imagine how she got thru the selection process  [;)]  

If she's out of uniform and tells me she is a stewardess I would prob laugh my head off  :blink:

On the other hand, the Japanese stewardess on my aisle was a real beauty  :wub:

dirty old driver spotted

• Praise 2