Life of Pi Movie

Ahtong

This highly rated movie is being released today, not sure if anyone if watching and care to give reviews.

From the trailer, I guess the movie should have nice CGI. However, I heard it is based on a rather spiritual book so I am afraid the script might be quite boring.

Edited by Ahtong
↡ Advertisement

wanted to watch this very much, will probably go for imax to see the effect.

heard the whole movie was filmed in taiwan with 1 boy, 1 tiger and a monkey [laugh] [laugh]

Supercharged

heard the whole movie was filmed in taiwan with 1 boy, 1 tiger and a monkey

In the 1st place how did a boy end up with a Tiger and a Monkey out in the sea?

heard the whole movie was filmed in taiwan with 1 boy, 1 tiger and a monkey [laugh] [laugh]

I also feel like watching, but a few month's ago I watched another movie that was also critically acclaimed with great CGI and based on a novel.

That movie was Hugo and it was soooooo boring I felt like pulling my hair out.

So this time I am looking guinea pigs to go watch first [:p]

I also feel like watching, but a few month's ago I watched another movie that was also critically acclaimed with great CGI and based on a novel.

i watch Hugo on ipad, yah a bit boring though. Ok lah, i watch a lot of boring movie and Hugo is not the worst [laugh]

the book is quite... erm.. draggy.. i took very long to finish it.

movie should be beta.

movie should be beta.

the movie is 127 min with 1 boy 1 tiger and 1 monkey, what can they do? must be quite draggy too [laugh] [laugh]

the movie is 127 min with 1 boy 1 tiger and 1 monkey, what can they do? must be quite draggy too [laugh] [laugh]

Looking at the bright side, Castaway was mostly Tom Hanks and a Volleyball but that was quite a good movie.

Erm... you go watch Pi and give review ok?

I kinda like Hugo leh. But i watch the dvd. Nvr got the chance to watch it in the theatres.

Honestly, i don't know what is the life of Pi about. Everytime i saw the trailer is a boy and a tiger on a boat and nothing else! [laugh]

Right now, i'm looking forward to silent hill revelations and the hobbit. ^_^

Sounds boring to me. [sleeping]

Looking at the bright side, Castaway was mostly Tom Hanks and a Volleyball but that was quite a good movie.

Erm... you go watch Pi and give review ok?

this weekend maybe, i have yet to watch argo [:/]

I wonder if this show got conversation? Or is it like dr dolittle's talking animal.

The book was not bad, a spiritual read. I'm don't think it will translate that well into film though so i'm giving it a miss.

The tiger is untamed and not supposed to talk, if it does then [knife]

movie should be beta.

Really? I thought the book was short and crappy. Took me less than 2 hours to finish it. Totally overrated.

My interpretation of what actually happened to the boy was even more ghoulish than the "accepted" one. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it, so I won't mention it here.

But the key themes in the book are subjectivity of experience and reliability of accounts. And I don't think those themes translate at all well to film, which is a visually expository medium.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement