Civil Defence rescuers to free woman driver in a crash

Holdenutessv

civil_defence_officers_work_to_free_driver_trapped_in_car-thumbnail.jpg

photo_1jpg1354343511589-data.jpg

A spokesperson for the SCDF wrote:

"At 9.07am, SCDF received a call for a road traffic accident involving a car along Woodlands Ave 12.

"SCDF resources were immediately dispatched to the incident location.

"Upon arrival, the crew found a female individual trapped in the driver’s seat of the car. The front right door of the car was severely impacted inwards. The dashboard had also caved inwards and pinned the casualty from the waist downwards in the driver’s seat.

"SCDF rescuers used hydraulic rescue equipment to lift the dashboard up and separate the driver’s seat from the affected door before rescuing the casualty. SCDF paramedic stabilised the casualty while rescue operations were ongoing

Link

Pretty serious crash by the looks of it. Think it's a BMW 7 series, more damage probably because the tree hits right at the doors not the b pillar( well speed does play a factor here). Totally different compared to the official "pole crash test" where the roof didn't bend that much. :wacko:

Edited by Holdenutessv
↡ Advertisement

And the tree doesn't even look very large in this case. Isn't this the road where LTA has set up a next-generation ERP evaluation? I wonder if that measuring equipment recorded any useful data to figure out how fast the car was going?

I counted 11 orange helmets, 2 white helmets and 2 luminous vests in the first pic, that is a lot of resources. Looks very serious.

That stretch of roads is beri straight and good for chionging.......have seen quite a number of times cars speeding along it......think there had been other accidents as well before this.......

no skidmarks means she was driving full speed into the tree? that impact looks like v high speed...

dont wish to stereotype women drivers but many are crap at driving either go dam slow or superfast n dangerous... cannot b constant duno y

Turbocharged

not as heart wrenching as the lambo that hit the cab with the pregnant woman. that one was quite sad ... my friend was one of the scdf guys mobilized to extricate the woman... he said he could never really get over that one ... ><

a mistake made caused 15 public servants to devote their time and resources to clear the mess

please forgive those who made a mistake, not everyone is as god-like as you...

Edited by 987

a mistake made caused 15 public servants to devote their time and resources to clear the mess

U forgot the innocent tree. Hope it recover.

Looking at the picture, I find it hard to figure out the reason for the accident. Its not raining, looks like a straight road. maybe she is trying to avoid a dog crossing the road?

Looking at the picture, I find it hard to figure out the reason for the accident. Its not raining, looks like a straight road. maybe she is trying to avoid a dog crossing the road?

Also wondering why the tree kena skin peeling.

Neutral Newbie

She could also be using her mobile phone at that time...

No one know for sure, but she is lucky to be in a 7 series, on another car, it could end badly.

Also she's lucky it's not a bigger tree else could be more jialat....hope she'll recover...

Actually for the same impact speed a bigger tree would be better as it would spread the deceleration forces over a larger area of the car, as opposed to a smaller one which concentrates the forces over a smaller area thus causing more damage.

↡ Advertisement