Qoo10 / Gmarket

Ysc3

Not true PayPal is safe..... last time someone charge to my cc using PayPal account.... best is my PayPal account not using that cc.... but it got charged anyway. .... call them for help bounce me here and there, call to their kl office etc kena idd charge.... end up just deal with DBS.... dbs finally refund me the 1k nearly after 6 months.... nbzzz....

So far, ocbc will alert me when there is a "unusual " charge to my cc.... dbs no sound no sight.....

That time I think was when buying from amazon, use comgateway to ship... heard their server kena hack..... i was one of the "lucky" one tio.... ccb....

Happened to me too, but the bank alert me and PayPal put a stop and refund me the amount.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

hehehe! but one thing is true, this bot is effective in picking up dirt and only 1/3 cost of a Roomba. Not a bad deal, go get one bro. Highly recommended! And be lazy too. . . LOL

I wanted to get one long ago but my wife doesn't like it so bo bian... I need to continue to vacuum [bigcry][bigcry]

[laugh] [laugh]

Just treat it as a good form of exercise. I always sweat until my the sweat goes to my spectacle lens.

I wanted to get one long ago but my wife doesn't like it so bo bian... I need to continue to vacuum [bigcry][bigcry]

[laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Just treat it as a good form of exercise. I always sweat until my the sweat goes to my spectacle lens.

Ya... no choice... sucking is tiring work :D

• Praise 1

Supercharged

i shop online too. But always have this fear that cc details will be stolen.

there are 2 ways of hacking:

1. virus get into your personal device and steals from there.

2. hackers go into the online shopping portal.

For 1st point, you can control by installing best anti virus s/w. But for 2nd point, its beyond our control and we only have to trust the portal, which I'm very skeptical about how they made their server robust.

They are running a biz, and often they forgot to budget $xxx to prevent their server from been hacked.

Hypersonic

That time I think was when buying from amazon, use comgateway to ship... heard their server kena hack..... i was one of the "lucky" one tio.... ccb....

I still use CGW from time to time.

hehe, never kana during that time.

Supercharged

The gadget is slightly bigger than a credit card but smaller than a phone. Lucky I got the 3 pin plug.

Thanks lala81 for the recommendation :D

... your 3-pin plug... you supposed to remove the paper showing the wires...

in case the paper gets wet and you will get short-circuit...

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

If u really want to be kiasi, use a debit card. Then dont keep much inside?

Then delete ur CC details from the website once payment has been made.

For overseas and more unknown type of websites, sometimes i just pay via paypal (even though their exchange rate is a rip off).

But i usually only try those well known sites or those personally recommended to me by others.

Debit card is worse. Credit card liability is just 100 SGD (unless they can somehow prove you were negligent) but debit card is already your money.

Once they makan your money, hard to get it back. If you are really worried, then just lower the credit limit on your CC.

http://www.mas.gov.sg/news-and-publications/parliamentary-replies/2009/reply-to-pq-on-liability-of-credit-card-holders.aspx

http://www.moneysense.gov.sg/Understanding-Financial-Products/Banking-and-Cash/Types-of-Products-and-Services/Debit-Cards.aspx

Technically, debit card liability is also limited to 100 SGD but like I said, one is your money and one is still the bank's money.

For paypal, if you use a credit card to pay, you can choose to use the credit card's exchange rate instead of paypal's.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic

Debit card is worse. Credit card liability is just 100 SGD (unless they can somehow prove you were negligent) but debit card is already your money.

Once they makan your money, hard to get it back. If you are really worried, then just lower the credit limit on your CC.

http://www.mas.gov.sg/news-and-publications/parliamentary-replies/2009/reply-to-pq-on-liability-of-credit-card-holders.aspx

http://www.moneysense.gov.sg/Understanding-Financial-Products/Banking-and-Cash/Types-of-Products-and-Services/Debit-Cards.aspx

Technically, debit card liability is also limited to 100 SGD but like I said, one is your money and one is still the bank's money.

For paypal, if you use a credit card to pay, you can choose to use the credit card's exchange rate instead of paypal's.

good point.

Personally, i never do all this lol.

But one of my friend does this.

Many times I was tempted to order but held back by fear of fraud via payment mode. I mean, payment by Visa or credit card is the most convenient but is it recommended? Advise from regulars appreciated.

TIA.

Buying online definitely has its advantages and of course risks. Normally I will use CC for payment. Paypal unless really necessary cause other than the stupid exchange rate from paypal, there have been quite a few cases of fraud charges. To reduce risks, buy from a reputable seller. Ensure that before doing payment, the weblink should start with "https". Always clear the internet cookies and of course, check your CC charges every now and then. This is also very important as it applies after you travel overseas for biz or holiday. If your CC security has been compromised, inform the bank immediately.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Now I pay at AXS machine for QOO10 purchases. Payment will be confirmed in 30 mins flat unlike payment at 7-11 which takes about 1 day.

Why cannot pay online for Qoo10?

I some time also use AXS machine, so far I tried credit card, PayPal, cash, AXS, Nets payment for Qoo10 [laugh] [laugh], depends on the value cos AXS will charge for item below certain value.

Turbocharged

I some time also use AXS machine, so far I tried credit card, PayPal, cash, AXS, Nets payment for Qoo10 [laugh] [laugh], depends on the value cos AXS will charge for item below certain value.

I usually use Paypal which still allows me to specify which credit card to use.

Sometimes using Citi Card can be a pain in the arse. Even though I receive the 2FA via SMS, transaction still fails.

Turbocharged

Buying online definitely has its advantages and of course risks. Normally I will use CC for payment. Paypal unless really necessary cause other than the stupid exchange rate from paypal, there have been quite a few cases of fraud charges. To reduce risks, buy from a reputable seller. Ensure that before doing payment, the weblink should start with "https". Always clear the internet cookies and of course, check your CC charges every now and then. This is also very important as it applies after you travel overseas for biz or holiday. If your CC security has been compromised, inform the bank immediately.

You preach like a bank officer in charge of CC😆

Have not tried yet but should be better 'cos sometimes people in the queue behind the AXS machine always "tsk tsk tsk" then I'll turn round and "TSK TSK TSK!" back [laugh]

count bracular account cannot activate in the day time.... [laugh]

your hamburger don't put ketchup hor . . if my cousin see then you jialat [laugh][laugh] tsk tsk tsk . . .

↡ Advertisement