calling while overseas.

Ysc3

Twincharged

i have not done this before so want to ask :

when you bring you SG mobile over to another country and call a local number at that foreign country, what are the charges like ?

eg, bring our SG phone to vietnam .... then use it to call a vietnam number, when you are in vietnam.

↡ Advertisement

when you bring you SG mobile over to another country and call a local number at that foreign country, what are the charges like ?

eg, bring our SG phone to vietnam .... then use it to call a vietnam number, when you are in vietnam.

Use a public phone or get a local pre-paid SIM card. The last time I was in Hong Kong, the charges were $1 per minute to call a Hong Kong phone number :wacko:[bigcry]

Turbocharged

its expensive. if u intend to stay in the overseas location for >1week and u need frequent local contact, get a local SIM with free incoming.

Get a local sim card which is beri cheap but must test in front of the seller 'cos my wife bought one then found expired liao when we're miles away from the seller....... [laugh]

Twincharged

Get a local sim card which is beri cheap but must test in front of the seller 'cos my wife bought one then found expired liao when we're miles away from the seller....... [laugh]

i ever bought one china sim card RMB50 when i was there for a week's holiday .... i think used about rmb3 only ... so now want to see if using roaming (when necessary) is viable or not.

Turbocharged

Ya.. like I was in Thailand, bought their local SIM and int calling card. the price for calling SG was like 1 baht a minute [cool]

i ever bought one china sim card RMB50 when i was there for a week's holiday .... i think used about rmb3 only ... so now want to see if using roaming (when necessary) is viable or not.

Most cards got expiry date. When I was in HKG, I bought one from 7-11, think the telco is CSL, for abt HKD$80. It allowed me and my colleagues to call S'pore for beri cheap prices and I even passed it to my friend when he went over there the following month.

If you ve skype and like to be connected to internet everywhere you go. Then get roaming data plan before gg. Use Skype to make calls n SMS. Very cheap.

That's only if you have internet connections and it's stable and reliable.......I used it recently not bad but sometimes call dropped when using smartphone.....but switched to lappy ok....... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

basically they will charge you outgoing from sg to viet number.. which is not worth it since local SIM are cheap

Use global call number to call out, it's cheaper. Starhub is 108 & singtel is 121. Google for the calling procedures.

I tried the global 121 rate quite reasonable. But one thing i noticed when someone from sg called you while you are in overseas, the rate i paid is very expensive. On the other hand, if the person who stay in that country who called my mobile, the rate i paid is cheaper.

if company trips just whack lah...

if personal trips, i always bring a spare phone to put in local prepaid SIM card.

phone with starhub simcard for seeing who sms me or call me(immed press away, voicemail deactivated). spare phone with local simcard use to call back the number or sms back.

can save up to 80%. not really too troublesome also.

Neutral Newbie

How about calling an overseas no from Singapore?

For instance, calling a BKK no from Singapore?

Is it more expensive calling from HP or fixed line? Anybody knows? :huh: ??

Thank you and PS for hijacking this thread.... [:p]

↡ Advertisement