Lcd monitor repair

Ysc3

Twincharged

anyone got rec for lcd monitor repair in the east ?

thing just refused to 'on' today ...

↡ Advertisement

sorry i dun have recommendation though i am a DIY person.i also send my LCD TV to agent for repair, complicated and availability of parts.All i can check if there are problem s with external power pack.. as and get a replacement cheaply from sim lim square.

my samsung lcd gave up 2 yrs back scour internet n many pple say samsung have capacitor problem. when i opned the back panel found out it was true. 3capacitors pregnant. when sin lim tower n got 3 for a few dollars same spec but different size. tv stii running till now after my diy repair.

on the contrary, my samsung plasma of more than 7 yrs refuse to retire.

I am now gunning at 55" for football watching.

btw, have been browsing around but no see plasma. Is plasma tv a history already?

btw, have been browsing around but no see plasma. Is plasma tv a history already?

My living room Philips Matchline 29" TV only broke down once in the last 26-27 yrs of service........only now some buttons on the TV don't work well and recently the remote starts to malfunction and the screen got a bit of distorted....... [laugh]

I wanna see how long this TV will last....... [:p]

My living room Philips Matchline 29" TV only broke down once in the last 26-27 yrs of service........only now some buttons on the TV don't work well and recently the remote starts to malfunction and the screen got a bit of distorted....... [laugh]

I wanna see how long this TV will last....... [:p]

CRT. ...classic sia :D

CRT. ...classic sia :D

My 14" Toshiba CRT only died early this year after about 12-13 yrs of service........... [laugh]

Now replaced by a Panasonic LCD, wanna see how long this will last.......... [cool]

If pwr light is there,maybe flourescent light panel has reached the lifespan.replace new LED.

Supercharged

Still have plasma around, but very limited and not much variety. Now mostly people go for LED.

You like plasma? I love them for their rich vibrant colours! Very real colours. But its a bit ex to buy lah...

Twincharged

just buy a new one

sunday morning spoil .... sunday afternoon already bought a 23" LED monitor replacement ...

but feel the spoilt 22" LCD monitor very wasted if just throw away ... since less than 1 year old ... (unable to get warranty).

Neutral Newbie

If the fault is with the panel, the cost of repair might not justify itself taking into account that a new monitor is pretty cheap.

sunday morning spoil .... sunday afternoon already bought a 23" LED monitor replacement ...

but feel the spoilt 22" LCD monitor very wasted if just throw away ... since less than 1 year old ... (unable to get warranty).

No harm in checking the capacitors. If it is bulging at the top that means it is damaged. U will need soldering tools for the repair. Reminder: the screws that keeps the pcbboard to the panels are essential. I could not switched on the tv with even one screw missing.

Still have plasma around, but very limited and not much variety. Now mostly people go for LED.

You like plasma? I love them for their rich vibrant colours! Very real colours. But its a bit ex to buy lah...

yup. plasma colours are more natural compared to lcd or led.

I thought all along plasma price is lower than the 2d.

Neutral Newbie

I am looking for 20 ins/ + LCD monitor, last one dies off some months and currently using a 17 ins.... not too comfortable for my eyesight. Anyone can recommend one and approx price. Do not mind a used one too .... any attractive offer, PM me

Turbocharged
(edited)

1.  I bought a 2nd 22" Lenovo monitor at S$110 from Shopee  on September 2020.  They provided a warranty of 2 months.

2.  After using for 9 months, the monitor refused to turn on and the LED power indicator does not light up.  Swapped power cable and confirmed that it is not a fuse problem.

The question:

How much is the typical repair cost, is it worth to repair or should I just throw it away?

Do Karang gunis accept old LCD monitor?  Thank you.

Edited by Albeniz

Hypersonic

Since the pandemic, I haven't seen the garung guni man at my block since.

↡ Advertisement