• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic | 114 praises

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Folks,
Thinking of flying to New York for 2 weeks some time in mid December. Do you know of any travel agency or website to get cheap round trip airfare? Thanks in advance.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Folks,
Thinking of flying to New York for 2 weeks some time in mid December. Do you know of any travel agency or website to get cheap round trip airfare? Thanks in advance.

hv u tried searching for an online fare? find that it's usually cheaper than going thru any travel agent even at so-called 'corporate rates'.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Also a rather short notice - during Christmas season air tickets are booked solid. I usually check with Zuji, Airfares.com.sg, and cross-check with the airlines' own booking sites to look for the cheapest ticket. You won't get a bargain, but if you really need to go, try these.

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Ichua2
  • Ichua2
    Clutched
    Author Image

can try cheaptickets.sg as well

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Newdrive
  • Newdrive
    4th Gear
    Author Image

short notice + peak period

i doubt u get cheap tix.
QUOTE (AboutLove)
About Love Production - Pre Wedding, Events & Travel Photography

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Folks,

Errr...it's already December and you want to book tickets now!

Good luck getting economy class seats...my flight yesterday, biz class was full!

So looks like you might have to hunt for cheap first class tickets!

Protip: if you want cheap tickets during the December season, book it in February!

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Planning to go New York in Oct.

1) Where to find cheapest air tickets?

2) What to see in New York?

Will be staying at a friend's place for 5 days, at suburbs, 40min fast train from NYC. Friend will bring us around her town and recommends us to drive up to Niagara Falls. So need rental car recommendations too.

3) Where to rent a Ford F150?

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Will be staying at a friend's place for 5 days, at suburbs, 40min fast train from NYC. Friend will bring us around her town and recommends us to drive up to Niagara Falls. So need rental car recommendations too.

1. Zuji, Tripadvisor, Skyscanner, all the usual aggregators.

2. Plenty. Statue of Liberty. Museum of Natural History. 9-11 memorial. Empire State Building.

3. Rent an F150 if you must, but you don’t want to handle that in NYC itself. Try Budget.

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A fast check at SQ web site. I think is reasonable for a more than 20hr flight. I will not want to take those American airline flight.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20180429-182616.png

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Empire State Building, 9-11 memorial, Statue of Liberty, Times Square.

If going to Niagara Falls, go over to the Canada side. It’s much nicer. US side is boring but there’s a factory outlet at Buffalo.

Can drive over by Rainbow bridge.

I would rent a convertible in Oct where it’s Fall, weather damn shiok to drive top down.

Edited by Fcw75, 29 April 2018 - 06:40 PM.

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1. Zuji, Tripadvisor, Skyscanner, all the usual aggregators.

2. Plenty. Statue of Liberty. Museum of Natural History. 9-11 memorial. Empire State Building.

3. Rent an F150 if you must, but you don’t want to handle that in NYC itself. Try Budget.

Thanks. My friend ask me use Hotwire.com for car rental but mostly SUV, no have Ford F150.

The Statue of Liberty is on an island so must book with tour agent to visit?

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:18 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Empire State Building, 9-11 memorial, Statue of Liberty, Times Square.

If going to Niagara Falls, go over to the Canada side. It’s much nicer. US side is boring but there’s a factory outlet at Buffalo.

Can drive over by Rainbow bridge.

I would rent a convertible in Oct where it’s Fall, weather damn shiok to drive top down.

Thanks. I dont like convertible as i dont like messy hair. What is there to see at Canada side? We intend to stay 2 nights at Niagara Falls and take the tour boat into the falls.
Newbie26, Uncle2 and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks. I dont like convertible as i dont like messy hair. What is there to see at Canada side? We intend to stay 2 nights at Niagara Falls and take the tour boat into the falls.

More entertainment outlets, etc. Basically more lively.
Newbie26 praised this

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

try these Airlines directly on their website.

MU - China Eastern : SIN-PVG-JFK

CA - Air China : SIN-PEK-JFK

BR - EVA : SIN-TPE-JFK

UA - United : SIN-SFO-EWR (Newark Airport)

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:42 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I normallt see at skyscanner

Will book third party web if price differ alot

If price differ abit prefer book via airline official website
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

try these Airlines directly on their website.

MU - China Eastern : SIN-PVG-JFK
CA - Air China : SIN-PEK-JFK
BR - EVA : SIN-TPE-JFK
UA - United : SIN-SFO-EWR (Newark Airport)

If take MU and CA, confirm have to buy sleeping pill.
Tohto praised this

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fly to NY better fly by the other side of the globe instead of transiting in Asia.
Angcheek praised this

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:58 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fly to NY better fly by the other side of the globe instead of transiting in Asia.

Normal Transit shld be in Germany or Jap . I usually go by Germany . 

Spring and BanCoe praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

Starrylink
  • Starrylink
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

My son is going to Georgia Institute of Technology for his student exchange program.
Does anyone know of any short term lodging near the Institute?
TIA

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My son is going to Georgia Institute of Technology for his student exchange program.
Does anyone know of any short term lodging near the Institute?
TIA

My unhelpful ans... idk.

But since your son is going on exchange, he should be old enough to find the info on his own la.

Relax!

That is all.

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Travel, agency, cheapest, airfare and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users