USA: Travel Agency for cheapest Airfare to New York

Albeniz

haha ur demands quite specific. maybe hard to satisfy your demand of type of car.

Of cos try to drive different cars there which not available here. Dont tell me go there and drive a Altis or Camry. Sure sian. Need a car that able to haul our luggages.

↡ Advertisement

You can try check on the SQ website.

The rental company there are link to many car rental. Can choose one match your requirements.

Dont have leh. No specific car to choose. How those car shows able to rent specific cars?

A fast check at SQ web site. I think is reasonable for a more than 20hr flight. I will not want to take those American airline flight.

I see that today non stop Premium Economy is S$ 2635 on SQ

While One stop in PE is S$3402.

Whereas SQ non stop economy is S$ 2635

And One stop economy is S$ 1592

Funny innit.

I see that today non stop Premium Economy is S$ 2635 on SQ

While One stop in PE is S$3402.

Whereas SQ non stop economy is S$ 2635

And One stop economy is S$ 1592

Funny innit.

Last weekend Natas fair, SQ non stop PE have promotion of around $1800 for non school holiday period. I think promotion will end on 24 Aug.

Anyone got rental company to share where i can rent a Ford F150 truck and a BMW 6series Gran Turismo.

Unlimited mileage and able to drive to Canada.

Download this app Turo.

Can rent all sort of cars from owners.

But not sure if can drive to Canada or not.

Download this app Turo.

Can rent all sort of cars from owners.

But not sure if can drive to Canada or not.

I did found this site having a BMW 6series Gran Turismo but limited to 750miles only. After that USD1+ for every mile. I wana drive into Canada, one way already 600+ km from New York.

I did found this site having a BMW 6series Gran Turismo but limited to 750miles only. After that USD1+ for every mile. I wana drive into Canada, one way already 600+ km from New York.

No big deal la.. Drive there normally then come back in reverse gear lor.

Have you never learned from Ferris Buellur's day off?

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

We've used Holiday Autos in Europe many times.

I did a run through for two weeks in October and it came up with this for just over S$ 1000.

https://www.holidayautos.com/en/book?kwid=109354&kpid=406&ktrack=c_035dc872-30df-45d5-8f8c-ff082fdef9e9_147184924_6597382924_260235843267_kwd-14150243_Google_406&_%24ja=tsid%3A70550%7Ccid%3A147184924%7Cagid%3A6597382924%7Ctid%3Akwd-14150243%7Ccrid%3A260235843267%7Cnw%3Ag%7Crnd%3A119832853697427210%7Cdvc%3Ac%7Cadp%3A1t2%7Cmt%3Ae%7Cloc%3A9045384&gclid=CjwKCAjwtvnbBRA5EiwAcRvnpllagozMFcWTz2Yxkakq9R-ImJdgsSDLdgVoBul_tzzNdWIGAfZbBxoCycwQAvD_BwE&clientID=477073&pickupDateTime=2018-10-12T10%3A00&returnDateTime=2018-10-26T10%3A00&age=30&ct=MP&countryID=US&curr=GBP&elID=711534948738591&ln=en&pickupCountryCode=US&residenceID=GB&returnCountryCode=US&pickupID=3802&pickupName=New%20York%3A%20JFK%20International%20Airport&returnID=3802&returnName=New%20York%3A%20JFK%20International%20Airport#/vehicles

Thanks. But i not driving for the full two weeks there.

- From airport to my wife's friend house. Then return car two days later.

- Rent another car for travelling to Canada. Then return car 4 days later.

- Rent a truck for a day to Playland. Then return car 1 day later.

- Rent a car to drive from my wife's friend house to airport. 1 day rental.

So i was hoping to select the cars i drive for each "trip". I wrote to Enterprise car rental and they say:

Thank you for contacting Enterprise Rent-A-Car Customer Service. My name is Laneka and it is my pleasure to assist you today!

I received your message and would like to apologize as I do not show we carry a BMW 6 series Gran Turismo within our fleet. However I do show that we carry BMW 7 Series, Audi A8L and Mercedes S450 or similar, if this would meet your rental needs.

Please accept my apologies, as we aren't able to guarantee a specific make or model ahead of time. All of our vehicles are priced, booked, and controlled by car category, not by the specific make or model, and we aren't able to predict which specific vehicles will be on a lot on a given day.

I've used Enterprise three times.

Twice to an airport and they were great, upgrade each time.

Once from Pisa in Italy when it wasn't directly Enterprise but a franchise and then we had an argument when I returned the car - not serious.

Most car rentals won't guarantee a specific car model just a band of similar models.

You could put all the dates etc you wanted to hire in the Holiday Autos site and they give a price for each one.  You could try different models each time if you wanted.  Site is very easy to use.  With all your individual hire dates it might take you 5 or 6 minutes total.

I see you can get the results in Sing dollars directly if you want.

My results were in GBP as I'm in UK at the moment.

Edited by Neutrino

I've used Enterprise three times.

Twice to an airport and they were great, upgrade each time.

Once from Pisa in Italy when it wasn't directly Enterprise but a franchise and then we had an argument when I returned the car - not serious.

Most car rentals won't guarantee a specific car model just a band of similar models.

You could put all the dates etc you wanted to hire in the Holiday Autos site and they give a price for each one. You could try different models each time if you wanted. Site is very easy to use. With all your individual hire dates it might take you 5 or 6 minutes total.

The problem is i got specific cars that i want to drive there.

Some US rental companies juz let u take whatever car that's parked within certain rows (of the same booking category). Keys are in the cars so u juz pick what u want and drive off.

On Hertz website u can reserve the exact car for Prestige, Adrenaline category

Or try Silvercar. They only use A4, Q5 and A5 Cabrio. U book that category, u get that model. And u can choose any colour you want....as long as it's silver. lol

Qatar airways sent me a upgrade offer just for the flight from SG to Doha. I need to take a double look!!! The entire trip cost me just $1,500. This one leg upgrade already gona cost me the enture trip price.

post-2654-0-06082000-1539044747_thumb.jpg

Strictly speaking, no, because your license is in English. They may be a bit confused that your license does not have an expiry date. If you want trouble free-motoring, get the IDP but I feel it is optional.

Ya. I am booking my various cars now and unable to complete the online form cos it is compulsory to enter the expiry date if the driving license. Need to go to the renter to show them my driving licence.

Booked cars from Enterprise, Sixt and Hertz.

Booked truck from Enterprise.

All other renters do not allow their luxury car category to be driven to Canada. Only Sixt allows. Booked a Cadillac CTS. No other cars, all Cadillac for Sixt in New York City.

Ya. I am booking my various cars now and unable to complete the online form cos it is compulsory to enter the expiry date if the driving license. Need to go to the renter to show them my driving licence.

Booked cars from Enterprise, Sixt and Hertz.

Booked truck from Enterprise.

All other renters do not allow their luxury car category to be driven to Canada. Only Sixt allows. Booked a Cadillac CTS. No other cars, all Cadillac for Sixt in New York City.

Can't wait for your road trip report Edited by Tohto

I am back from my trip to New York. Lots of photos to share and also my road trip to Niagara Falls. All food photos already shared in the makan thread.

Will start a new thread for all that. Need some time. Having jetlag now.

I am back from my trip to New York. Lots of photos to share and also my road trip to Niagara Falls. All food photos already shared in the makan thread.

• Praise 1

↡ Advertisement