Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
121 replies to this topic | 270 praises

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My dad is using the following medicine

1) irbesartan 300mg - $251.07 for 3 month supply
2) ezetimibe 10mg - $471.78 3 month supply
3 atorvadtatin 10mg $233.11 3 month supply
4) acarbose 100mg $355.21 3 month supply

Any where in USA or MY can get cheaper? The above is poly clinic price

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

they say neighbourhood GP may be cheaper than polyclinic huh.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

email MY pharmacy...
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Ruzmidah
  • Premium member
    Ruzmidah
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Woahh
most of them are relatively new meds. Hence the patents still not expired yet. So ex.

Malaysia may be cheaper though.

Edited by Ruzmidah, 02 December 2012 - 11:05 PM.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

they say neighbourhood GP may be cheaper than polyclinic huh.gif

Ok I go check with the gp! Thanks man! grouphug.gif

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

email MY pharmacy...

Is this the one? I just emailed them

Thanks a lot!!! grouphug.gif

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Woahh
most of them are relatively new meds. Hence the patents still not expired yet. So ex.

Malaysia may be cheaper though.

Hopefully man! My brother is going USA soon, if USA cheaper than MY, then I buy from USA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

EricTeh
  • EricTeh
    Banned

how can an average singaporean afford those medicine
and this is just for 3 months

i am very worried for myself when i get old

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can't help you on price, but I stop popping cholesterol pills.
I'm 52 and yes, they like to prescribe cholesterol pills.
Makes money for the clinics and hospitals.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can't help you on price, but I stop popping cholesterol pills.
I'm 52 and yes, they like to prescribe cholesterol pills.
Makes money for the clinics and hospitals.

Thanks man! My dad is 63, he just went thru sterns inserts, 2 times
He looks ok
I hope he continues to be ok, at least my sons saw him and lived with him
I hardly saw my granddads

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

MY should be around half the price

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

KaKiLang
  • KaKiLang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Try X-plus jb, facing pelangi shopping ctr main entrance opp row of shops near to those exortic meat restaurants, they got all the new medicine, bring along the prescriptions, I bought my insulin supplies from them, very much cheeper. They even store the medicines in portable cold pack for me when they know I will be in jb for a while, very professional. Don't try guardian, they only sells vitamins and cosmetics. Cost me half the price I pay here, medicines are tax free or low tax in my add on the Exchange rate.

City square oso got one big shop but could cost abit more cos of the rental.

Edited by KaKiLang, 03 December 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Try X-plus jb, facing pelangi shopping ctr main entrance opp row of shops near to those exortic meat restaurants, they got all the new medicine, bring along the prescriptions, I bought my insulin supplies from them, very much cheeper. They even store the medicines in portable cold pack for me when they know I will be in jb for a while, very professional. Don't try guardian, they only sells vitamins and cosmetics. Cost me half the price I pay here, medicines are tax free or low tax in my add on the Exchange rate.

City square oso got one big shop but could cost abit more cos of the rental.

Whoa!!!! Thanks man!!!! grouphug.gif

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

KaKiLang
  • KaKiLang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Whoa!!!! Thanks man!!!! grouphug.gif

The insulin is for my pet doggie, was prescripte by vets that insulin is the same as human medicine, if I gotta buy from Singapore, I rather put her to sleep but since its half the price i can affort I will keep her as long as possible. Wat the vet prescribe were old medicine, the person sold me the newly repacked dosages by the same manufacturer.

Btw my pet is still alive and going after using the drugs for close to 5mthns.

Regardss to your dad.

Edited by KaKiLang, 03 December 2012 - 12:33 AM.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

KaKiLang
  • KaKiLang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

how can an average singaporean afford those medicine
and this is just for 3 months

i am very worried for myself when i get old

I dare not think don't say worried, I already skip twice my yearly checkup, laugh.gif scad doctor tell me i got this I got that.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only possible place cheaper than polyclinic in SG wld be govt hospital for certain meds.

Go malaysia if u find the cost too high.

if cost is a concern and your dad still want to followup with polyclinic, maybe the irbesartan can be changed to a cheaper medicine.

Edited by Lala81, 03 December 2012 - 08:00 AM.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

JB is cheap for medication, maybe you like to check it out

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Few yrs ago doctor told me that my cholesterol was reaching the roof. Given some drug to try to lower it but it caused constipation. Decide to go on a natural diet of polished rice, reduced my egg, crustacean and started to eat more veggies. It did the trick and brought my cholesterol level to normal range after 1.5 yrs. Now its back to square 1 cos its harder to keep to the diet cause its no fun.
Jamesc praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

stick to bananas u monyet laugh.gif laugh.gif

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only possible place cheaper than polyclinic in SG wld be govt hospital for certain meds.

Go malaysia if u find the cost too high.

if cost is a concern and your dad still want to followup with polyclinic, maybe the irbesartan can be changed to a cheaper medicine.

my dad was a garmen people, see doctor free, last time he see heart centre doctor, get free med, whole day tell me jin jiat song biggrin.gif , now he retired, he got no more see doctor free card anymore, he now sweatdrop.gif , he sweatdrop.gif , i also sweatdrop.gif

can irbesartan be susitituted with rosuvastatin? my dad in law is taking rosuvastatin, (also from polyclinic). it appears to be cheaper by 1/2 compared to irbesartan..... Thanks man!!! grouphug.gif

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users