Where to buy cheaper cholesterol medicine?

Mustank

can translate?

I dunno what is gor gor

gor gor is like sticky sticky, i think both will come out gor gor but steel cut is closer to rice and more visible (harder) where roll oats is mashed.

↡ Advertisement

Sun rises from the east, witness higher power's miracle ...

It's the rotation of the earth lah ...

gor gor is like sticky sticky, i think both will come out gor gor but steel cut is closer to rice and more visible (harder) where roll oats is mashed.

hmmm okie. Physically, one is just stamped with a press while the rolled are just compressed between two rollers. Nutrition content is 100% the same (despite what the steel cut oat advocates say).

But different texture, that's a good reason to change. 

Mine shared with my kids, so rolled it is...

can translate?

I dunno what is gor gor

Like glue like that

Machiam peanut paste dessert

Really look like shit

i think you prefer the texture closer to rice, i like the gor gor texture [laugh][laugh]

Yes

The texture is very important

I will be experimenting with easiest (least human intervention) way to cook steel cut oats

Like glue like that

Machiam peanut paste dessert

Really look like shit

Yes

The texture is very important

I will be experimenting with easiest (least human intervention) way to cook steel cut oats

Hmmm okie. think i will buy a small bag to try. Maybe i'll like it more than rolled LOL

Sun rises from the east, witness higher power's miracle ...

It's the rotation of the earth lah ...

hmmm okie. Physically, one is just stamped with a press while the rolled are just compressed between two rollers. Nutrition content is 100% the same (despite what the steel cut oat advocates say).

But different texture, that's a good reason to change.

Mine shared with my kids, so rolled it is...

Last time got one group of ancient people whole day eat oat

Nothing but oat

Day in day out

Nothing but oat

Day in day out

why don't u just eat brown rice?

other than the arsenic content of rice. Lol, it's just whole grain vs whole grain.

There's nothing magical about oats.

Not implying that what u doing isn't good, but frankly i think if u eat brown unpolished rice like that, u also will see the same results lol. 

U can probably mix it up.

Edited by Lala81

why don't u just eat brown rice?

other than the arsenic content of rice. Lol, it's just whole grain vs whole grain.

There's nothing magical about oats.

Not implying that what u doing isn't good, but frankly i think if u eat brown unpolished rice like that, u also will see the same results lol.

U can probably mix it up.

I donno man

Internet is say oat got

1) resistant starch

2) fiber

They say these two things very powerful

To be honest I really donno about these stuff, that’s why I refrain from saying much about why oat is so powerful

But this oat thing is definitely working

I donno man

Internet is say oat got

1) resistant starch

2) fiber

They say these two things very powerful

To be honest I really donno about these stuff, that’s why I refrain from saying much about why oat is so powerful

But this oat thing is definitely working

Soluble fiber combined with water intake makes your stomach stretch more quickly hence sending a full signal (via ghrelin) to your brain faster. 

So you feel fuller more easily.

Fibre is also an anti-nutrient since it binds some of the nutrients inside the food, so it's less easily absorbed.

Beyond that, nothing much special about oats vs other whole grains like say barley. BUT brown rice has higher levels of arsenic vs white rice. So brown rice consumption should be not high.

https://www.dietitians.ca/Downloads/Factsheets/Food-Sources-of-Soluble-Fibre.aspx

Soluble fiber combined with water intake makes your stomach stretch more quickly hence sending a full signal (via ghrelin) to your brain faster. 

Fibre is also an anti-nutrient since it binds some of the nutrients inside the food, so it's less easily absorbed.

Beyond that, nothing much special about oats vs other whole grains like say barley. BUT brown rice has higher levels of arsenic vs white rice. So brown rice consumption should be not high.

https://www.dietitians.ca/Downloads/Factsheets/Food-Sources-of-Soluble-Fibre.aspx

Everyone is advicing eat more bown rice cause more vitamins. Now it is also more toxic. 

we see fit people with no prior symptom have sudden death, we also see big size couch potato who eat all kind of junk can live till 70+, stress level also play a major part. 

Good and bad gene, but minority. Statically, more sedentary are having cardiac arrest than active people.

Though no guarantee, but keeping healthy is just putting yourself in  the lower risk group.

Agree on the stress part. Before scrapping my car, my BP is at pre hyper tension level. 130+/80+.  Now several months after being chauffeured by SBS and SMRT, my BP reading has been ideal.  115/75. And now doing IF, recently measured 107/ 69. But could be the dehydration that is pulling it down.

Nothing but oat

Day in day out

Where are they now? extinct? [laugh]  [laugh]

Moderation 'key to cholesterol control'

Staying away from prawns for fear of raising your cholesterol level?

While cholesterol is indeed present in the food we eat, most of the cholesterol floating in our blood is actually made in the liver.

Therefore, it is a complete myth that elderly people have to avoid eggs and seafood, for instance, said registered dietitian Ujjwala Baxi, founder of nutrition consultancy Poshan - Cure thru Diet.

"The most important thing to consider is the amount of sugar and the kind of fat that the food contains, rather than its cholesterol level."

People with high cholesterol levels need not strictly avoid foods like prawns, lobsters and egg yolks - just do not eat large amounts of them, she said. Eggs, for instance, contain nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin, which are good for the eyes.

There are also seafood options that are beneficial to the heart. Shellfish is naturally low in fat, said Ms Ujjwala. "The quality of the meal can be improved by using different cooking methods, such as boiling, broiling and steaming. So if you enjoy eating seafood, you don't need to be deprived."

However, it is wise to be more vigilant about foods that are high in trans fat. This type of fat is found in hydrogenated oil or partially hydrogenated vegetable oil products.

Palm oil, for example, can be hydrogenated - a process where hydrogen is added to make them more solid - so it is more suitable for certain confectionery items.

But prolonged consumption of high amounts of trans fat may lead to elevated cholesterol levels and can cause arteries to narrow and harden.

"Baked goods and most of the processed foods found at supermarkets, as well as fast-food meals, contain hidden trans fat," said Ms Ujjwala.

The better alternatives are olive oil and canola oil, which are made of monounsaturated fat and do not undergo hydrogenation.

Meanwhile, many processed food products that are labelled as "low fat" might not necessarily be good for the heart.

Sugar is usually added to compensate for the missing fat, noted Ms Ujjwala. One may also find corn syrup and other artificial substances on the ingredient list, she added.

While saturated fat has been blamed for many ailments, some products may have benefits.

Coconut oil, which has saturated fat, is said to help raise the level of "good" cholesterol in the body, added Ms Ujjwala. This is known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL).

"Cholesterol has gotten a bad name over the years and there are many misconceptions regarding it," she said.

"As we age, we need to ensure that the concentrations of good and bad cholesterol in our blood match the desirable levels to support efficient cardiac health."

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/moderation-key-to-cholesterol-control

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Anything in apple that makes people sleepy? I fall asleep after eating it. No rash, nothing. Just feel very sleepy. I once slept thru a karaoke session after eating salad with apple in it. 

Anything in apple that makes people sleepy? I fall asleep after eating it. No rash, nothing. Just feel very sleepy. I once slept thru a karaoke session after eating salad with apple in it.

I have no idea man. Maybe u are a descendant of sleeping beauty?

Moderation 'key to cholesterol control'

Staying away from prawns for fear of raising your cholesterol level?

While cholesterol is indeed present in the food we eat, most of the cholesterol floating in our blood is actually made in the liver.

Therefore, it is a complete myth that elderly people have to avoid eggs and seafood, for instance, said registered dietitian Ujjwala Baxi, founder of nutrition consultancy Poshan - Cure thru Diet.

"The most important thing to consider is the amount of sugar and the kind of fat that the food contains, rather than its cholesterol level."

People with high cholesterol levels need not strictly avoid foods like prawns, lobsters and egg yolks - just do not eat large amounts of them, she said. Eggs, for instance, contain nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin, which are good for the eyes.

There are also seafood options that are beneficial to the heart. Shellfish is naturally low in fat, said Ms Ujjwala. "The quality of the meal can be improved by using different cooking methods, such as boiling, broiling and steaming. So if you enjoy eating seafood, you don't need to be deprived."

However, it is wise to be more vigilant about foods that are high in trans fat. This type of fat is found in hydrogenated oil or partially hydrogenated vegetable oil products.

Palm oil, for example, can be hydrogenated - a process where hydrogen is added to make them more solid - so it is more suitable for certain confectionery items.

But prolonged consumption of high amounts of trans fat may lead to elevated cholesterol levels and can cause arteries to narrow and harden.

"Baked goods and most of the processed foods found at supermarkets, as well as fast-food meals, contain hidden trans fat," said Ms Ujjwala.

The better alternatives are olive oil and canola oil, which are made of monounsaturated fat and do not undergo hydrogenation.

Meanwhile, many processed food products that are labelled as "low fat" might not necessarily be good for the heart.

Sugar is usually added to compensate for the missing fat, noted Ms Ujjwala. One may also find corn syrup and other artificial substances on the ingredient list, she added.

While saturated fat has been blamed for many ailments, some products may have benefits.

Coconut oil, which has saturated fat, is said to help raise the level of "good" cholesterol in the body, added Ms Ujjwala. This is known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL).

"Cholesterol has gotten a bad name over the years and there are many misconceptions regarding it," she said.

"As we age, we need to ensure that the concentrations of good and bad cholesterol in our blood match the desirable levels to support efficient cardiac health."

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/moderation-key-to-cholesterol-control

I won't be too hot on coconut oil. The good evidence is not really that strong. It's only for part of the fat inside coconuts.
  • Praise 1

Apple can makes a person sleepy? Never heard of it le?

Supercharged

Apple can makes a person sleepy? Never heard of it le?

I Googled and there's one other person who gets knocked out by apple. Some black kid in USA. Maybe the biblical Eve also like that. Poison apple and all that  [:p] Anyway I now eat only when I have insomnia. Works better than melatonin.

After karaoke session? Kenna drugged, lol?
↡ Advertisement