Singaporean Peter Lim to build RM3b Johor race track

Jasonjst

Supercharged

Nobody has SGD$370million on hand to build the track at Changi. [:(]

dun hold F1 for 2yrs can save enough to build our own permanent track loh

Say goodbye to Singapore F1 night race once the contract ends.

The contract has just been renewed...

Besides, the proposed track not big enough for F1, and I don't see Malaysia getting two races on the calendar (last I heard, Sepang was already not the favourite, so why would a second race go to Malaysia)

That's great news. Enthusaist, provided if have the $ can purchase purpose built track cars to store in bolen land.

Track car not that expensive

For a Caterham, prices range for 15,000 pounds sterling to 45,000 pounds sterling ($30k - $90k SGD) and I guess that would include VAT as well, so is probably actually cheaper

Figure in export costs of say $5k, and you could have a track car here for very little (relatively speaking)

Then how much could storage cost you? $500-$1000 per month? Not so much really....

Last time our neighbour always threaten to raise price of water to try to milk us. Now, they are finally starting to get their act together. Taman projects, Legoland, Hello Kitty land, Premium Outlet and even JB Racetrack. Got more and more reasons to spend money in Malaysia.....

Agree that the Changi track is a big failz. The lack of race track results in Singaporeans spending their tracking dollars in Malaysia..... Singapore seems to be more reactive than proactive....

Last time our neighbour always threaten to raise price of water to try to milk us. Now, they are finally starting to get their act together. Taman projects, Legoland, Hello Kitty land, Premium Outlet and even JB Racetrack. Got more and more reasons to spend money in Malaysia.....

Agree that the Changi track is a big failz. The lack of race track results in Singaporeans spending their tracking dollars in Malaysia..... Singapore seems to be more reactive than proactive....

U must consider security issue.

U must consider security issue.

Its hard to see how the track would be any more or less secure than Sepang, and that's a very long time favourite of Singaporeans

Having a bonded area is also very clever - will make a big draw for those that are more serious.

And only 15 minutes from Second Link is very attractive, the driving school should do good business.

All around quite exciting - but doesn't make good news for our own local track. Mind you, on the other hand, if add up Pasir Gudang, Sepang, Local and the new track - four tracks would be enough for a single make series to have a pretty decent go of it as well, so it may well be a "strength in numbers" type thing, with critical mass building...

Overheard in VIP washroom into parliment house -

A: what the tuk this peter lim is trying to do, undermining our motor hub project at changi?

Lets report to dear leader, he will know how to fix him jiak lak jiak lak. Zero tolerance for such people who dare upstage the best in the world!

B: No need lah. Our project double confirmed a repeated, permanent still-born. Peter has kindly provided us with a good excuse to can the motor hub once and for all. We can cite reason for the cancellation- foreseeable stiff competition from Iskanda. Full stop.

Not to mention its leasehold not freehold....

and if the track doesn't work out after a few years, peter lim & co could juz turn the huge plot of land into freehold bungalows. can't lose kinda deal. try doing that at changi.....

This kind of story always play with my heart one. From the previous millennium always say want to do but never do [rifle] I even stopped going PG coz the Changi track was supposed to be on the way. Now all failed [bigcry]

This kind of story always play with my heart one. From the previous millennium always say want to do but never do [rifle] I even stopped going PG coz the Changi track was supposed to be on the way. Now all failed [bigcry]

Since Changi no more, I continue PG & Sepang. After the track session I can pump a full tank of JB petrol before returning back to SG unlike Changi track, I must pump SG petrol full + keeping a lookout for men in white.

the local track really failed big time. Gahmen try to chup, say must have this, must have that, but dun wanto help fund... end up big failz...

They only give investor/developer 30 years lease to recoup his investment yet set many KPIs or whatever you call them. This kills the project even before it can start. So much for top-brains' in govt :D :D

Peter Lim is no fool, despite all the "indirect" costs in boleh land, the deal, for a start it's free-hold ie he has many years to recover his costs, beats what sgp govt can offer hands down :D

Edited by Lambporkidney

What I like from this project is that an air-conditioned indoor R/C track will be built too.

I hope it will be as big

Edited by Kyosho1
↡ Advertisement