Audi A6 Avant $1,087/m what's the catch?

Shimada

Haha.. did you try the navigation display on the center of the speedo? Oh the bad thing is on a steep slope it won't hold its position unless you engage the auto hold function. Almost had an accident the when I first received the car ð

Haha, nope didnt try. The test drive route was only towards paya lebar airbase den return back to ubi. Not much room to max out.. the SE also said dont drive like madman haha.

I think only the new 1.8T has the navigation map in the centre of speedo

Edited by Rayoflight
↡ Advertisement

Haha, nope didnt try. The test drive route was only towards paya lebar airbase den return back to ubi. Not much room to max out.. the SE also said dont drive like madman haha.

I think only the new 1.8T has the navigation map in the centre of speedo

O.o the SE actually said that? mine told me to push the car during the test drive, kept asking me if the handling is good, and if the ride is too stiff.

Oh.. didn't know that. i thought all variants should have that since it's suppose to compete against the 5er and E class.

Saturday morning, had low fuel warning indication came on. Was surprised as I know my fuel tank was relatively full. Switch off engine and restarted the car and "Tank System Malfunction" came on. So I called PA and they asked me to drive to their workshop to have a look.

At the workshop, SA said might be the fuel float switch defective. And the float sensor is together with the fuel pump. So if have to change, must change everything together. [bigcry]  As it was close to closing time on a Saturday, he gave me an appointment to go back on a weekday and leave my car there for them to thoroughly check the problem.

This was the second time this low fuel error came up. But this is the first time the warning message appeared. Funny thing is I still can drive the car around and the message would disappear. So maybe can leave it alone and drive into MY with empty tank. :ninja:

post-2654-0-05906000-1504496825_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-25754900-1504496844_thumb.jpg

Saturday morning, had low fuel warning indication came on. Was surprised as I know my fuel tank was relatively full. Switch off engine and restarted the car and "Tank System Malfunction" came on. So I called PA and they asked me to drive to their workshop to have a look.

At the workshop, SA said might be the fuel float switch defective. And the float sensor is together with the fuel pump. So if have to change, must change everything together. [bigcry]  As it was close to closing time on a Saturday, he gave me an appointment to go back on a weekday and leave my car there for them to thoroughly check the problem.

This was the second time this low fuel error came up. But this is the first time the warning message appeared. Funny thing is I still can drive the car around and the message would disappear. So maybe can leave it alone and drive into MY with empty tank. :ninja:

attachicon.gifA6 Low Fuel Error 004.jpg

attachicon.gifA6 Low Fuel Error 005.jpg

oh dear.  Lucky its fuel pump.  Easy to change.  Just wallet will be a little light.  

anyone know how much roughly change / repair like that? any other audi owners with the same problem? thinking about changing car and trying to see how reliable audi is 

anyone know how much roughly change / repair like that? any other audi owners with the same problem? thinking about changing car and trying to see how reliable audi is 

I just send my car to one of the recommended Audi workshop and was quoted $480 for the fuel pump with sensor. They checked and determined that most likely its this item. They said its a common failure item on Audi.

I just send my car to one of the recommended Audi workshop and was quoted $480 for the fuel pump with sensor. They checked and determined that most likely its this item. They said its a common failure item on Audi.

How old is your car?

Thought should still be under PM warranty?

How old is your car?

Thought should still be under PM warranty?

3 yrs old and exactly 3 months in a couple of days. So its out of warranty for about 3 months. Therefore I hope PA will give me a goodwill discount or replace for free. If not then have to visit that workshop. Keeping my fingers crossed. [rolleyes]

3 yrs old and exactly 3 months in a couple of days. So its out of warranty for about 3 months. Therefore I hope PA will give me a goodwill discount or replace for free. If not then have to visit that workshop. Keeping my fingers crossed. [rolleyes]

PA doesn't do goodwill... sadly

PA doesn't do goodwill... sadly

From the A6 chatgroup, PA did replace some stuff for them out of goodwill even when warranty is over. But condition is must have full PA servicing history. One of them had an entire gearbox change for FOC.

Mine had full PA servicing history, so I hope there is some kind of discount for me. Cos I also signed up for their 4 year car service package. :a-aggressive:

From the A6 chatgroup, PA did replace some stuff for them out of goodwill even when warranty is over. But condition is must have full PA servicing history. One of them had an entire gearbox change for FOC.

Mine had full PA servicing history, so I hope there is some kind of discount for me. Cos I also signed up for their 4 year car service package. :a-aggressive:

One of my friends had to pay 2.8k to top up warranty coverage when his gearbox MU and clutch went kaput. He is only 3 months overdue on his 3 years warranty. He did try to push very hard but unsuccessful. Nowadays PA is really difficult to ask for goodwill...

One of my friends had to pay 2.8k to top up warranty coverage when his gearbox MU and clutch went kaput. He is only 3 months overdue on his 3 years warranty. He did try to push very hard but unsuccessful. Nowadays PA is really difficult to ask for goodwill...

Thanks. I will just try my luck. If no discount, then I would head for outside workshop.

And I hope that with the servicing package that I signed up, there will be some discount when comes to repair as stated in their brochure + website. Just hope the price after discount is not too far off the one quoted from outside workshop.

post-2654-0-58938500-1504666628_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I will just try my luck. If no discount, then I would head for outside workshop.

And I hope that with the servicing package that I signed up, there will be some discount when comes to repair as stated in their brochure + website. Just hope the price after discount is not too far off the one quoted from outside workshop.

attachicon.gifAudi Servicing Package.jpg

Please keep us posted.

Please keep us posted.

Sent my car to PA. And they are unable to identify the defective part. They made me pay a diagnostic fee of $160.50. Told me to leave my car with them for further troubleshooting. I would have to pay again for the troubleshooting. Not sure how much the labour fees per hour or per day gona cost. Even the manager also do not know the labour fee!!!

So I paid up the diagnostic fee and left that place.

Now back to square one. Problem still unresolved.

Anyone got contacts to Audi or PA upper management?

↡ Advertisement