All about smoking

Shor

Smoking for decades. Having three serious attempts quitting eventually ....Failed!!!!!!!!

Can Bros here share , what is your experience, and the most efficiency ways quitting this bad habit.

Alternatively, bros just begin smoking, also share what leads you to take up this bad habit?

No flaming please..........

Edited by Shor
↡ Advertisement

Smoking for decades. Having three serious attempts quitting eventually ....Failed!!!!!!!!

Bros here can share , what is your experience, and the most efficiency ways quitting this bad habit.

Alternatively, bros just begin smoking, also share what leads you to take up this bad habit?

I took up this habit when I saw those movie scenes where the actors lit up after having sex.Tot can have more orgasm from it.

It's look so cool :D

• Praise 1

I took up this habit when I saw those movie scenes where the actors lit up after having sex.Tot can have more orgasm from it.

It's look so cool :D

Hahahaha...knn........... [laugh]

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I know a way to quit....

Was a smoker for 5 years, 1 pack a day, took only 3 hours, from 20 a day to 0 a day next, no withdrawals, whatsoever.

never felt better and never looked back since. you need my help? don't worry, no drugs or funny methods, you just need to read a book.

I was abit skeptical at first when my friends introduced me about this method, but I went ahead and yeah, it worked, it had about 100% success rate for all my friends, although a few of them went back to smoking eventually because they were careless (because it is too damn easy to quit, so they took it for granted and yeah, they weren't mindful of their actions).

It is all a psychological game that we have sunk ourselves into. weird huh? if you guys are interested, let me know, I'll PM you the book title and author, a very short read only. But works!

Edited by Noctis

Try medication? My dad managed to give it up after 40 years of smoking, took two rounds of Champix dosage, 3 months each.

I also tried it out and after a month was down to one stick a day, then had to rush to taiwan for urgent case and forgot to bring it along. After a week of one stick/day without the medication, slowly the number went up because i was there for quite long. Just started the "pre quit date" dosage again today.

IMHO, the most important factor in quitting smoking is determination and the true desire to quit. If you tried to quit and failed, it shows that deep down, you still have the desire to quit, even if you don't realize it.

But if you've been smoking for decades, would recommend you consult a doctor before quitting, and use some form of nicotine replacement therapy. Of course there are old folks who quit just like that after smoking for decades, but there have been a small number who got seriously ill or even died after stopping suddenly. Nicotine replacement prevents serious withdrawal symptoms, but if your habit is very strong you'll have to make a conscious effort not to smoke, and possibly not to mix with smokers, at least during the initial stages. Finally, if you slip up, don't take it as a setback and use it as an excuse to start again. Simply brush it off but remind yourself not to smoke again.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

gf scold me. have to choose either. so never smoked for close to 4 years liao. the partner always makes a strong motivation

gf scold me. have to choose either. so never smoked for close to 4 years liao. the partner always makes a strong motivation

This I agree.

But when my partner not around,I smoke again [laugh]

Jokes aside,start quitting as of 1 Dec( few days old) Hope won't touch it again.

Neutral Newbie

IMHO, the most important factor in quitting smoking is determination and the true desire to quit. If you tried to quit and failed, it shows that deep down, you still have the desire to quit, even if you don't realize it.

But if you've been smoking for decades, would recommend you consult a doctor before quitting, and use some form of nicotine replacement therapy. Of course there are old folks who quit just like that after smoking for decades, but there have been a small number who got seriously ill or even died after stopping suddenly. Nicotine replacement prevents serious withdrawal symptoms, but if your habit is very strong you'll have to make a conscious effort not to smoke, and possibly not to mix with smokers, at least during the initial stages. Finally, if you slip up, don't take it as a setback and use it as an excuse to start again. Simply brush it off but remind yourself not to smoke again.

Actually bro, your method, is being tough on one self, I have a method to help people decide not to smoke anymore without using determination at all, no willpower, no nicotine replacement, no drugs. You just let it go willingly, without even putting up a fight... and it's free, I will just email them a book, lol. Not to mention, instantaneous results.

Edited by Noctis
  • Praise 1

Actually bro, your method, is being tough on one self, I have a method to help people quit without using determination at all, no willpower, no nicotine replacement, no drugs. You just give it up willingly, without even putting up a fight... and it's free, I will just email them a book, lol. Not to mention, instantaneous results.

Hmm can PM me the title of the book? Sounds a bit incredible. I quit close to 9 years ago and never looked back, but am curious about the book you mentioned. Sounds quite unbelieveable, but I'd like to have a look and try sharing with my friends who still smoke to see if it's really that good

Thanks

Can Bros here share , what is your experience, and the most efficiency ways quitting this bad habit.

Have been quit smoking for abt 5years Liao , it not very easy to quite cos started to at 9 year old , this is my second time trying to quit , first time quit two year but start to smoke back after two years , really regreted to smoke but the day before I went for my sinus opperation I finish my last pack of cigarette in one day , after my opperation have been ward in the hospital for 3day2night ,after discharge from hospital everyday must have a packet of fisherman wif me , if have the urge of smoking just take put one pc of fisherman sweet into my mouth , till now my car sure must have a packet of fisherman inside .

Bro hope to see u quit smoking soon ^_^ Oh forgot to mention to u that now I already 39 year old [cool]

• Praise 1

this is the worst motivation imho

once a woman can influence u

she will influence u on other things as well

lesson learnt for me

Turbocharged

this is the worst motivation imho

once a woman can influence u

she will influence u on other things as well

lesson learnt for me

not really la. to me smoking/drinking etc is small things i dont really care abt ... i havent drank since i graduated from college either ... not a drop. once i set my mind to smt, i can see it thru ... she ask me give up smoking ... give up lo :D

↡ Advertisement