All about smoking

Shor

Strangely ,  most of the people that I knew who quit smoking , they all quit when they hit 50 .  Coincidentally , I also quit at 50 and it has been a liitle more than 2 years since . 

There used to be  7 smokers in my office; and now only 2 . Yes, you can say that 70% smokers in my office has quit . 

I quit on 5 Feb 2015 , after 30 yrs smoking . It wasnt easy , but it was not as difficult as I thot . All smokers can tell you the date that they quit smoking , but no smokers can tell you the day that they decided to start smoking . 

To those trying to quit , give it a try , you will be proud if you succeed . If you fail , never mind , try again next time .  

I'm not a smoker - no $$ to consider doing that when young...

Just wanna add that the late Deng Xiao Peng, who had smoked for many (maybe >7) decades, just decided to quit in his 90s, and did it without fuss...

Don't lose to him, if you plan to try.

↡ Advertisement

but seriously, I actually enjoy smoking..

although I know it makes me look old, bad for health, derive me from my GTR..

xgTdKIF.gif?fit=450%2C252

aKq74Eb_700b_v2.jpg

[laugh]

KNN................when it cums to dots of Tianmo.................you have to learn.................from.................@bismarck!!!! [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

-Smoke-GIF.gif

when I pick up the bad habit, they told me it was cool to smoke.

none actually tell the consequences that smoking might lead to..

once you are on it, it's really terrible to quit.

Turbocharged

KNN................when it cums to dots of Tianmo.................you have to learn.................from.................@bismarck!!!! [thumbsup]

Since I was summoned.................let me talk about my smoking experience too.................I started when I was 16 years old....................that time was just curious...................then after that didn't smoke at all until I was around 21 years old..................I was in army.....................finished all my courses..................got my rank liao....................then waiting to downgrade........................... [laugh]  [:p]  ........................started to have more free time and started to smoke again when going to nightspots......................from didn't smoke for 5 years to can finish 1 pack in one night.....................and the amazing thing is I don't even smoke when I was in camp.................book out go nightspot can finish 1 pack................... :a-m1524:

After ORD I stop smoking...................for 3 months...................but started again when I met my gf....................coz she is also a smoker............... [laugh] ....................then when she broke off with me it broke my heart and broke my smoking habit too...................... [bigcry] .......................I didn't smoke for another 3 years...................

On and off and on and off I smoke and quit.....................smoke and quit...................due to various reasons...................like when I was trying for a baby..................I quit smoking for quite a while...................

Currently I smoke only 2 sticks per day....................morning and evening...............some evenings I didn't redeem my 2nd stick coz don't really feel like..................as usual from beginning until now I seldom smoke when I am working...................because I always associate smoking with pleasure..............but on match day it could go up to 5 sticks if the results don't go my way....................that has been my habit for the past 3/4 years...............

• Praise 2

Wow all your success is so inspirational, wish I could get my bro to read this, been Psycho-ing him to quit With that occasional nagging...Colleagues can be bad influence coz all go smoke together like it's part of relationship building

• Praise 4

actually it is all in the mind. Its how much you wanted it to be. [thumbsup]

I tried 3-4 times along the way, and I think the older I gets, the stronger my mind is.. [laugh]

2 years on, whenever I missed this buddy, I will think of my new buddy, the improve version of my buddy. That is how I can train harder in the gym and run better than before. Of course looking younger is the best motivation of all. [:p]

So if you want to look younger, quit smoking. ^_^

Orrr....u saying i look old for a 50 year old hor.....now i jin sad...

KNN, you know how to read or not? I said look younger, not say you look old. Sad smlj!!! [mad]

look younger, look younger, look younger, You under got stand? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sad but laughing lar....hahaha

I suggest all of u all buy an AED kip at hm

Haaaaa

Defib har boss? Got discount bor?

Wah piang. Trying to kick a bad habit like becoming a hero.

Let me tell you my story lah. More gilat dan what quit smoking success story.

I didn't smoke because I'm brave enough to say "no". Full stop. [:p]

Turbocharged

Life and death is God's secret. When your time is up it is really up. cant delay...not even a minute! There are many who died at a relatively young age and the reasons are aplenty. I have friend who does not smoke but died in his sleep and many others who passed on eventhough they lead a healthy lifestyle.

I don't agree.

There are many things that is God willing.  When your time is up it is really up, just like a tree suddenly falls on you or someone fatally crash to you when you are driving safely or walking in the pavement..........

But smoking is not one of them............. because you are in control whether you quit or continue.

Giving up smoke is hard, but I've seen many who quit. And nobody managed to quit in the first round. Just have to keep trying and trying.

↡ Advertisement