Cigarette Smoke Coming into my house

Old-driver

I have a neighbour living one floor above me and I'm also on talking terms with me.

Recently his daughter married and son-in-law came to stay with them.

This is where it all started.... he would open the grills, stick his head out of the windows and blow smoke out of his room. I will have to close my windows everytime he smoke... 1 an hour if he's home. [rifle]

So what can I do and what's my rights? Complain to HDB can or not? Or speak to the father-in-law?

Kindly advise

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yes, any bros can advice please?

I've got a similar situation..

It's my downstairs neighbours.. They will come out and stand along the corridoor to smoke. And my service yard overseas this corridoor. So basically, all the smoke is coming up and 'staining' my laundry. Not to mention that the smoke also enters my house and stinks up the whole house.

Everytime I hear pple talking loudly outside, I'll have to quickly rush to my service yard, take in all the laundry and close the windows. Usually around 10pm.

Damn frustrating.

I have a neighbour living one floor above me and I'm also on talking terms with me.

This is where it all started.... he would open the grills, stick his head out of the windows and blow smoke out of his room. I will have to close my windows everytime he smoke... 1 an hour if he's home. [rifle]

So what can I do and what's my rights? Complain to HDB can or not? Or speak to the father-in-law?

Kindly advise

I am facing similiar problems. Got new neighbour, young couple just moved in last month

1 floor below me.

Many times during the night after 10 plus can hear the sound of them making love. Those ah...ah...sound

I have to tell my children to cover their ear.

So what can I do and what's my rights? Complain to HDB can or not? Or speak to the young

couples to lower down their volume when having $ex?

I am facing similiar problems. Got new neighbour, young couple just moved in last month

1 floor below me.

Many times during the night after 10 plus can hear the sound of them making love. Those ah...ah...sound

I have to tell my children to cover their ear.

So what can I do and what's my rights? Complain to HDB can or not? Or speak to the young

couples to lower down their volume when having $ex?

you should be louder than them.... [laugh]

Kindly advise

no rights unfortunately.

since u r on talking terms, perhaps u might wana try talking to the father.

Turbocharged

Sometimes I think boh pian,

I happened to me too. My top neighbour like to smoke at the yard and sometimes his ciggy ashes will drop into my yard and burn my tiles. I'm quite tolerant to smokers as my home have an ex-smoker but what I cannot tahan is the ashes leaving marks on my tiles (yes smokers, ashes can still burn the tiles!) One fine day as I was cleaning the house I caught the ashes dropping, I immediate when up to confront my neighbour, talked to him nicely and advice him to use ashtray soaked with water( smokers, water in ashtray really does wonders, no ash flying around and smell become minimal). Fortunately he's ok and stop the habit. We are all new neighbours so maybe that's why still friendly.

Although he don't do it at the yard anymore, he occasionally smokes from his window and sometimes we have to close the window and tahan... But seriously what to do....Maybe I should just print out the PDF of the quit smoking book recommended by Noctis and stuff at his doorstep...

Kindly advise

For people who live above you, basically you cant do much. You are below. Lots of disadvantage.

If the smoker is below you, its a reverse situation. You figure out what advantage you have.

no rights unfortunately.

since u r on talking terms, perhaps u might wana try talking to the father.

It seems like this is the best option so far

throw down a pail of water??!

"got smoke... i though got fire! heng ah!"

i have the same problem downstairs