Icarsclub

Baphomet

Neutral Newbie

esso platinum offer 17% discount...

small claims???dun waste time...it's not about getting a refund...the least they could do is to inform the customers that they had made a mistake upon customer collecting the card.

This is the answer i got when i emailed them:

Can this card be used together with other Esso discount credit card (e.g. citi bank esso card or DBS etc.)

The iFuelCard can be used together with credit cards with cash rebate (but not those credit cards with special Esso discount which is offered by Esso not the banks.) So effectively you can enjoy up to 25% petrol discount.

Can I earn Smile Points?

No.

Turbocharged

This is the answer i got when i emailed them:

Can this card be used together with other Esso discount credit card (e.g. citi bank esso card or DBS etc.)

The iFuelCard can be used together with credit cards with cash rebate (but not those credit cards with special Esso discount which is offered by Esso not the banks.) So effectively you can enjoy up to 25% petrol discount.

Can I earn Smile Points?

No.

on this one.. a bit confusing.

which citibank/dbs card offers 5% discount, if there is no tie-ups allowed?

(edited)

they are saying citibank cards are out. you can instead use maybank DUO, SCB xtrasaver cards and whatever cards out there that give cash rebate. for 20k deposit, xtrasaver can get 10% rebate. that's a whopping 30% altogether.

Edited by Shanhz

Turbocharged

they are saying citibank cards are out. you can instead use maybank DUO, SCB xtrasaver cards and whatever cards out there that give cash rebate. for 20k deposit, xtrasaver can get 10% rebate. that's a whopping 30% altogether.

the transaction has to be billed from petrol companies, eg. esso.

non-petrol company bills don't qualify for the fuel discounts.

for xtrasaver, it should then be 2% only.

i believe maybank duo is also the same.

this is the question i asked:

what is the coding under the credit card, ie: if I am using dividend card or maybank duo card which gives cashback, will I still get the cashback under petrol purchase (4-5%) or normal purchase (usually 0.5%)?

this is the answer i got:

the real answer: wait till i get my card

Turbocharged

same answer from the script.. got answer like boh answer to clarify the question -_-

anyway, since u already have the card.. try it and then tell us loh..

Neutral Newbie

Tried already....before pumping, need to swipe the ifuelcard first. After pumping, receipt will be printed and considered payment has been done without using the credt card. So how to get the extra 5%?

Turbocharged

Tried already....before pumping, need to swipe the ifuelcard first. After pumping, receipt will be printed and considered payment has been done without using the credt card. So how to get the extra 5%?

further rebate or discount should be between th bank and icarclub.

question now is, which bank cc gives 5% rebate for icarclub transactions?

(edited)

From what I understand when I called them is that :

1. You get 20% discount when you pump at EssoMobil2. You can link this card to any of your credit card that has cash rebate 5%

If you pumped $400 of petrol for that month, they'll less 20%, which is $80 off the $400 and charge the balance $320 to your credit card. So you get 20% savings straight away.

But if I understand correctly, for Citibank Dividend MasterCard ... they only give 5% cash rebate for petrol pumped (I would assumed charged by EssoMobil) ... so when then charge the $320 on the Citibank Dividend MasterCard .... we will not (this is what my interpretation is) enjoy the 5% cash rebate liao.

So compared to current 14.5% discount when using Citibank credit card to pay ... + 5% cash rebate if use the Dividend MasterCard is 19.5%. And since we charge at the EssoMobil counter, so we get Smiles points also .. which works out to be about 3%.

Total : 14.5% + 5% cash rebate + 3% smile points = 22.5%

If this card CANNOT get Smiles points ... then it is NO point liao.

This is my personal opinion.

Edited by Guyver
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

erm.. bro, isn' it 18.3% excluding smilles points?

Citi Dividend

Esso site discount Citibank Card discount Smiles Card discount Citibank DIVIDEND Card* Total Savings

5% 4% 5% 5% 18.3%

Cashback

erm.. bro, isn' it 18.3% excluding smilles points?

Citi Dividend

Esso site discount Citibank Card discount Smiles Card discount Citibank DIVIDEND Card* Total Savings

5% 4% 5% 5% 18.3%

Cashback

I don't know the breakdown ... I only know that as long as you use Citibank Credit card ... you get 14.5% off. If use Citibank Dividend MasterCard ... get another 5% cash back.

Sorry .. for Smile points gives another 4% (in the form of $30 voucher for 750points). So win this iCarClub offer liao.

I don't know the breakdown ... I only know that as long as you use Citibank Credit card ... you get 14.5% off. If use Citibank Dividend MasterCard ... get another 5% cash back.

Sorry .. for Smile points gives another 4% (in the form of $30 voucher for 750points). So win this iCarClub offer liao.

Esso you get 18.3% from using citi dividend, then plus 2% for smiles.

It is not 4% for smiles. Who gave you that idea? That was the long long ago calculation, not any more.

$30 redemption for 750 litres pumped. This is only about 2%.