Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic | 80 praises

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Joemit7850
  • Joemit7850
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys

looking to service my home aircon however, i am quite worried to engage the wrong guy as i do not know any.

anyone had engage one which you highly recommend?

Thanks

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Kiario
  • Premium member
    Kiario
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

www.astiquer.com

heehee, if you did a search, you will find him as one of the recommended by one of the bros here in an earlier thread.

i tried his services last month, and boy am i impress, i will say its not just your normal wash and vacuum of aircon type servicing, its much more...

Wyfitms praised this

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Tjkbeluga
  • Premium member
    Tjkbeluga
    Supercharged
    Author Image

www.astiquer.com

heehee, if you did a search, you will find him as one of the recommended by one of the bros here in an earlier thread.

i tried his services last month, and boy am i impress, i will say its not just your normal wash and vacuum of aircon type servicing, its much more...

Like kau suaing your maid? laugh.gif
Latio Premium Sedan

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Kiario
  • Premium member
    Kiario
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Like kau suaing your maid? laugh.gif

nb...well, at least you never say kau sua me tongue.gif

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Recommend against Skyzone. Had a bad experience with them.
This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Seriously, i hope that HVAC manufacturers can design FCUs to be more modular. The compressor unit can be complicated and hard to dismantle for all i care but i want to be able to remove the air directional vanes and centrifugal blower with ease so as to get at the twin heat exchanger coils. Alot is left to be desired about the dirt trapping ability of the air filters currently designed for the FCU. They should be made HEPA compliant.
1923 - 2015. You will be missed.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Joemit7850
  • Joemit7850
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

www.astiquer.com

thks will find out

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Fibo
  • Premium member
    Fibo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I used them personally for more than 5 years, http://klaircon.com

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Wesleyoh
  • Premium member
    Wesleyoh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

of cos my dad's company is the best :)

haha.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Ichua2
  • Ichua2
    Clutched
    Author Image

i engaged one of those i found on voucherlicious.. $12/unit...quite fuss free. told me needed to top up gas, an additional $80 which was fair i thought. if interested PM me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Fishy
  • Fishy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I have been quoted $40 per FCU for chemical cleaning and washing of compressor cost anything from $120 - $250. Its a non inverter system 3. Would this be the normal rate?

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have been quoted $40 per FCU for chemical cleaning and washing of compressor cost anything from $120 - $250. Its a non inverter system 3. Would this be the normal rate?

no dismantle right? i think it is about there.

I wash my FCUs myself. biggrin.gif

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Rayleigh
  • Rayleigh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys

looking to service my home aircon however, i am quite worried to engage the wrong guy as i do not know any.

anyone had engage one which you highly recommend?

Thanks

DIY. Not difficult to dismantle the fan coil to give the blower a thorough wash.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Fishy
  • Fishy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

no dismantle right? i think it is about there.

I wash my FCUs myself. biggrin.gif

u use chemical washing?

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

u use chemical washing?

i use an organic based wash. Most of the washing agents are either alkalis or acids. no go for me.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Nojoke123
  • Premium member
    Nojoke123
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Just done a normal aircon servicing with one of the listings in motherhood forum.
Am really disappointed. $30 for a 5min job with a brush! My aircon is feeling like nothing has been done after 1 hour.
Was using gain city in the past, I would say it is better although it is abit more expensive $45 (more than 30min).

Edited by Nojoke123, 20 April 2013 - 02:33 PM.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Cheepo
  • Cheepo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

www.astiquer.com

I read their website and saw the jet spray thing. How much do they charge ?

Edited: Sorry no need to answer me. I just found their pricing page. tongue.gif

Edited by Cheepo, 20 April 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I read their website and saw the jet spray thing. How much do they charge ?

I concur with the other post which mention www.astiquer.com

He charges more than most, but he do a damn hell of a good job. I call him everytime my air-con leaks but it's like once every 8 months now compare to the previous vendor who needs to come to my place every 2-3 months for the same water leak problem.

The last time he came to repair my leak, he wants $180. I gave him $200. I know I won't be seeing him that often once he repaired the water leakage so I think he deserves more.

Trust me, I have use almost every "big name" air-con service in town, and every of them dissapoints me except this guy.

Edited by Icedbs, 20 April 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Wyfitms praised this

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Psuche
  • Psuche
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Seriously, i hope that HVAC manufacturers can design FCUs to be more modular. The compressor unit can be complicated and hard to dismantle for all i care but i want to be able to remove the air directional vanes and centrifugal blower with ease so as to get at the twin heat exchanger coils. Alot is left to be desired about the dirt trapping ability of the air filters currently designed for the FCU. They should be made HEPA compliant.

Understood that HEPA filters are of considerable thickness... the FCU may becomes twice its original depth if fitted with such filters, making it looks humongous.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I concur with the other post which mention www.astiquer.com

He charges more than most, but he do a damn hell of a good job. I call him everytime my air-con leaks but it's like once every 8 months now compare to the previous vendor who needs to come to my place every 2-3 months for the same water leak problem.

The last time he came to repair my leak, he wants $180. I gave him $200. I know I won't be seeing him that often once he repaired the water leakage so I think he deserves more.

Trust me, I have use almost every "big name" air-con service in town, and every of them dissapoints me except this guy.

The drain pipe must have been improperly laid. Should never leak. The leak is always due to a choke in the drain pipe.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: good, reliable, home, aircon and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users