Bad service at a cafe

Ahtong

There's this thing call walk away. It's not in the menu but I will choose this if this happens.

sekali they poh mata if you walk away, saying you did not pay up for the food ordered.. [laugh]

I find best option is to refuse to take and insisted they give you the correct order. [rolleyes]

what if the waitress replace the dish and spit in it how ? Or is a chio bu's spit nice ?

Edited by Vextan

sekali they poh mata if you walk away, saying you did not pay up for the food ordered.. [laugh]

Got order slip or record in their system. If they are not giving me what I ordered I can always walk. Mata so what?

How much are we talking about here? If they insist that I pay. Pay lor. No big deal. I will even slap the money on the table and say keep the change. But I'm never going back.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

So I had a busy morning and went for a late luch at a cafe nearby.

They had set lunches on offer. Western set was Spaghetti with white sauce, Asian set was Teochew porridge with braised duck and a weird Fushion set I can't recall. After some deliberation, I chose the spaghetti.

After waiting 10 mins, the waitress came over an plonked a bowl of Yong Tau Hoo on my table. When I pointed out my order was wrong, she explained the spaghetti sauce was ruined by cross contamination so on their own initiative, the bought a bowl of yong tau hoo from the kopitiam next door to replace it.

I was gobsmacked and furious. I asked the waitress why I can't choose from the menu again if my first choice cannot be fufiled and she said I don't understand. This cafe and the kopitiam next door are owned by the same boss. What's more, both dishes have noodles [confused]

That explanation was so ridiculous I am demanding to see the boss. I am posting this topic as I wait. WTF [confused]

In the end did u pay for it or juz walk away?

Got order slip or record in their system. If they are not giving me what I ordered I can always walk. Mata so what?

How much are we talking about here? If they insist that I pay. Pay lor. No big deal. I will even slap the money on the table and say keep the change. But I'm never going back.

haha you have a point there with regard to the slip and record in the system. [laugh]

Ah tong, you really ate what was offered to you and pay up? :huh:

I think Ah tong is not daft. He can go to court and file a lawsuit against the cafe, to demand that the boss does not have unfettered right to decide on behalf of him and override his order, he must be allowed to exercise his right to choose another dish! [laugh] [laugh]

Be upfront and tell the waitress you never order oakley spectacles and or be served by idiots who like to chant their own names and that of their buddies lor...