Why we drive! 7 days, 8 Porsches, scenic roads

Kiadaw

Turbocharged

The VW road trip looks rather cool.

I try to load some videos where we go really high during the drive. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

what you see on the GTi are car bras and tape. those on the Roc are pure tape. we using this brand call Hunter. Can get it at those handystore.

Thks bro. Do u need to apply something b4 using the tape?

Any possible risk of damaging the paintwork while removing?

Turbocharged

Thks bro. Do u need to apply something b4 using the tape?

Any possible risk of damaging the paintwork while removing?

its best to apply some wax before taping. I suggest you get those bigger in width. can cover more area in one go.

what car you driving BTW? there maybe a car bra for your model. save the trouble of taping.

what you see on the GTi are car bras and tape. those on the Roc are pure tape. we using this brand call Hunter. Can get it at those handystore.

OIC, at firsti thought some of you guys were using those heavy duty protective pvc stick-on film 4x4 guys use..... what about protection for the windscreen which can crack if stones / pebbles hit it at speed? [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

OIC, at firsti thought some of you guys were using those heavy duty protective pvc stick-on film 4x4 guys use..... what about protection for the windscreen which can crack if stones / pebbles hit it at speed? [sweatdrop]

some of the guys using very expensive film for both the bonnet and windscreen. it about $2K. but we still tape to add extra protection and ease of cleaning.

as for me, i don't really bother as i accept its part and parcel of driving these kind of roads. i have already changed out 2 windscreens within a yr. :D

Turbocharged

I find taping is more practical for me as I drive 3 diff cars; sedan, coupe & SUV.

Thks for the helpful tip. :)

oic. if you are a perfectionist, it can take up to 3+ hours just for the bonnet and front bumper. [bigcry]

as promise, this is part of the drive along lake kenyir. lookout for the beautiful sky and scenery. too but we don't drive V8, if not, the engine roar will be awesome......

Enjoy!!

Turbocharged

I am not the leader. the lead car need to be very experience in order to give clear instruction.

we just have a buddy buddy sys that the front guy will take care of the back guy.

as we have been driving together as a group for quite awhile, we kind of know each other driving style. [:)]

some of the guys using very expensive film for both the bonnet and windscreen. it about $2K. but we still tape to add extra protection and ease of cleaning.

as for me, i don't really bother as i accept its part and parcel of driving these kind of roads. i have already changed out 2 windscreens within a yr. :D

i changed windscreens twice also, but not sure due to driving on such roads or other reasons coz only found the cracks later.

since my car is more than 4yr old, stone chips etc wont make me heart pains, so no protection for my car, but may try to protect the headlights if i can find the solution [:)]

I am not the leader. the lead car need to be very experience in order to give clear instruction.

we just have a buddy buddy sys that the front guy will take care of the back guy.

as we have been driving together as a group for quite awhile, we kind of know each other driving style. [:)]

yes, the front guy will walkie to the convoy memebrs for overtaking opportunities etc or pot holes, other hazards, cant do without a good front guy [thumbsup] .....

Sama sama, but I prefer to cover the back - this way, I got to do the chasing; more exciting. :D

Turbocharged

Sama sama, but I prefer to cover the back - this way, I got to do the chasing; more exciting. :D

the pace of the leader is also very impt. if he is too fast, whatever instruction or info he is providing becomes irrelevant.

if too slow, end up the pack chasing him...... [laugh]

group size also very impt. 5-6 cars in a pack with similar speed is the best.

Enjoy.

Wah the good Life.

Sigh one day maybe one day i can.... [bigcry] [bigcry]

I think i am going to plan another driving holiday next year.

Do the coastal roads in a cabriolet again.

Gotta get away from all this crowd