Alamak, tio summon! Wu chance appeal boh?

Versatile

I also tio summon...........but I dare not start thread.............I tiam tiam go sam machine pay yesterday........... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

U diam diam initially, now make use of others thread to broadcast your summon [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

They no longer state the speed on the letter?

The first ever time I receive mine was at Lornie, it states 91kph at 70kph road.... Thats 21 kph over? Same deal, kena 4 points and 140sgd.

Appeal and being sent a registered letter instead and asked to pay immediately [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

From then on, I think my speed on sg road hardly above speed limit.

TS mentioned 100km/h. so should be stated in the letter?

Gana speeding @ SLE towards BKE.

Deduct 4 points plus $130 dollar exceeded 1-20KM on 90KM/hr

Really ridiculous leh. 100KM also considered speeding.. like as if singaporean don't drive beyond 100KM/HR at expressway..

PUI!!

You should be saying that reason to the TP there and then, not us.

Appeal give what reason?

Sure can appeal, but must be able to cook story of some sort right?

For me, appeal speeding is pointless - if you did it, just admit. Unless got genuine excuse

Done and proven successful.

"overtaking" [laugh]

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/tp-summoned-me-beating-red-light-asked-confirmation-they-have-no-evidence

My close friend recently received a traffic summon myself and he share similar experience and sentiment with the car owner of this post on A/S/S forum, although in his case the summon was for a different 'offence' which they classify as "inconsiderate driving".  When he asked our dear friends at the SPF, a text book answer like the one featured in this post was given to him.  He tried to retrieve camera footage from his car but they were overwritten by then because its about 2 weeks from the incident to receipt of summon.

Seriously, if this is the practice our govt takes, then these TP(and Auxillary TPs) can literally write any damn thing, including things you didn't commit, add pepper and salt.  Thought I share this with those of you who don't know.

Maybe TP himself is the evidence, when TP saw the offence committed, they can jolly just go ahead to issue summon to you. No need to stop you or show you any picture or video of your offence. Lol.

The write also base on his own words, what makes his word more credible than a TP?

TP go around giving everyone summon? some time we hope they can do that more often.

i ever received a summon for illegal parking, base on the time of the offence i have witness that i was not at that location.

I didn't try to twist my word by writing to ASS for that, cos i did illegal park at another location not far away at that point of time.

Not enough manpower to go catch errant drivers so use automated equipment to replace manpower. Footage or videos that are produced are one too many, not enough manpower to look thru or even to keep as record. LPPL.

The write also base on his own words, what makes his word more credible than a TP?

TP go around giving everyone summon? some time we hope they can do that more often.

i ever received a summon for illegal parking, base on the time of the offence i have witness that i was not at that location.

I didn't try to twist my word by writing to ASS for that, cos i did illegal park at another location not far away at that point of time.

I think that's why the writer was asking TP for evidence, which they say none. 

I remember back in the older days, when you make a trip to UBI TP HQ, they will show you pictures taken seconds apart to proof and also to remind you where you have beaten traffic lights.

I share the grieve of these car owners.  How can you sometimes remember where and when you did something after 2 or 3 weeks, especially when a few family members share the car and its even difficult to recall who drove it when the 'offence' occurred. 

I think TP should relook at showing people evidence of offence.  Its only fair.  We are democratic, we don't want to be like North Korea.  Otherwise, it comes across as a certain degree of bullying.

How many of us can remember what we ate last evening. [laugh]

yeah I cannot even remember the name of the "thing" I ate at Lorong-8 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

True, often TP only send out summon after the offence has committed at least few weeks ago, no one is able to recall and remember lo. Even you want to appeal also dont know how to write? Lol.

TP these days also don't release the photos for the speed cam to offenders even after they have paid up the fine.  while the TP is seldom wrong, it would be fair to release the photos after the fine is paid so the offender can learn from his mistake.

• Praise 1

Just go court and fight it out lo. By dan after months have past the officer and driver won't be able to remember a thing. The judge will just fxxk the both of them for wasting time and throw them out.

• Praise 1

TP these days also don't release the photos for the speed cam to offenders even after they have paid up the fine.  while the TP is seldom wrong, it would be fair to release the photos after the fine is paid so the offender can learn from his mistake.

exactly my point loh.  Its not just about penalising.  What is important is let the owner know what and how he broke the rules, so he can learn from the mistake.  In these specific situations, its like :I say you wrong means wrong, pay up, shut up and go away".  Doesn't add value.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1