Alamak, tio summon! Wu chance appeal boh?

Versatile

I think that's why the writer was asking TP for evidence, which they say none. 

I remember back in the older days, when you make a trip to UBI TP HQ, they will show you pictures taken seconds apart to proof and also to remind you where you have beaten traffic lights.

I share the grieve of these car owners.  How can you sometimes remember where and when you did something after 2 or 3 weeks, especially when a few family members share the car and its even difficult to recall who drove it when the 'offence' occurred. 

I think TP should relook at showing people evidence of offence.  Its only fair.  We are democratic, we don't want to be like North Korea.  Otherwise, it comes across as a certain degree of bullying.

i did go down to Ubi TP HQ for that illegal parking offence and they also claim they dun have the photo but the officer is willing to testify. TP will ask for the driver first in the first summon send, so if family member using the car the owner have to submit the driver name and they will re-direct the summon to the actual driver. For Those cars driven into bus lane during peak hour, will TP show you the picture? they will not disclose cos i also ask for it once.

i dun agree with your last sentence as TP will go around summon people without evident like Philippines police shooting druggie without trial. 

↡ Advertisement

TP can anyhow write numbers.

TP can appear in court and lie about it.

And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

TP these days also don't release the photos for the speed cam to offenders even after they have paid up the fine.  while the TP is seldom wrong, it would be fair to release the photos after the fine is paid so the offender can learn from his mistake.

Often times I wonder if it is really just their internal bureaucracy/red-tape or whatever, or it is their conscious tactic.

Often times I wonder if it is really just their internal bureaucracy/red-tape or whatever, or it is their conscious tactic.

i wonder also their motive for not releasing.  whether it is 

1) hope that offenders don't have a chance to learn from mistake and therefore more offences and fines in the future; or

2) their photos are not up to the standard for scrutiny; or

3) take the easy way out for themselves (no questions asked, no time wasted answering questions, they save more time which they can do on something else)

i wonder also their motive for not releasing.  whether it is 

1) hope that offenders don't have a chance to learn from mistake and therefore more offences and fines in the future; or

2) their photos are not up to the standard for scrutiny; or

3) take the easy way out for themselves (no questions asked, no time wasted answering questions, they save more time which they can do on something else)

i think is how the law scene here, guilty until proven. So it is up to the offender to prove himself that he has evident that he is not at the scene. Hence it has to fight (pay) in court to see their evident.

Partly also administrative work to retrieve these document if everyone were to ask for it. 

On the other hand, we arm chio after we did all the illegal turns, parking or beat red light and no one catch it. 

A bit of everything I guess. The issue here is that unless you have some big lawyer firepower behind you, you insist to go to court, likely you get a ruling against you if it is just your word vs the enforcer.

• Praise 1

i think is how the law scene here, guilty until proven. So it is up to the offender to prove himself that he has evident that he is not at the scene. Hence it has to fight (pay) in court to see their evident.

Partly also administrative work to retrieve these document if everyone were to ask for it. 

On the other hand, we arm chio after we did all the illegal turns, parking or beat red light and no one catch it. 

yeah.  i am more quibbling about the cases whereby the offenders have already accepted their guilt, paid the fine then ask for the photos.  the TP says providing the photos will undermine court proceedings but if we paid the composition fine and there is no case to attend court, what court proceedings being undermined are they referring to?  future court proceedings regarding other drivers?  seems to me our style of governance in singapore is to set rules to give absolute convenience for the govt to work without regard to people.  read the comments LWL said of Shamugan and the govt.

i think some people don't mind pay a sum (say $100) for the admin work to retrieve the photo. this will weed out the people who just ask for the sake of asking and add to the workload of theirs.

haha doesn't mean we have been lucky not to be nabbed for other offences that we should give up the right or chance to learn from the particular offence?

Twincharged

If TP see you doing lane change without signal or something else like not stopping at stop line etc, they can also issue summon without any picture or video. Its up to you to prove that it didn't happen if you are sure they are wrong.

yeah.  i am more quibbling about the cases whereby the offenders have already accepted their guilt, paid the fine then ask for the photos.  the TP says providing the photos will undermine court proceedings but if we paid the composition fine and there is no case to attend court, what court proceedings being undermined are they referring to?  future court proceedings regarding other drivers?  seems to me our style of governance in singapore is to set rules to give absolute convenience for the govt to work without regard to people.  read the comments LWL said of Shamugan and the govt.

i think some people don't mind pay a sum (say $100) for the admin work to retrieve the photo. this will weed out the people who just ask for the sake of asking and add to the workload of theirs.

haha doesn't mean we have been lucky not to be nabbed for other offences that we should give up the right or chance to learn from the particular offence?

that's why i dun like Trump   [laugh]  [laugh]

Turbocharged

chenghu last sentence will be : If you think we frame you, see you in court.

It happens to me few years back about the CB melayu from Eye Di Ace.

The report they wrote all made up.

If I have a camera install in my house, i will sue them in court.

Gana speeding @ SLE towards BKE.

Deduct 4 points plus $130 dollar exceeded 1-20KM on 90KM/hr

Really ridiculous leh. 100KM also considered speeding.. like as if singaporean don't drive beyond 100KM/HR at expressway..

PUI!!

Dun waste time, just pay and move on.

If TP see you doing lane change without signal or something else like not stopping at stop line etc, they can also issue summon without any picture or video. Its up to you to prove that it didn't happen if you are sure they are wrong.

But when traffic congestion or trsffic light down, they cannot see leh. Selective eyesight?

Turbocharged

my past speeding summons are all taken by overhead bridge ninja.

im always very careful with the surrounding area (NSEW) during driving.

Latest summon is at Nicoll Highway.

From the summon notice on the Lamp post number, it is taken 2-3 lamp posts before reaching the bridge (heading towards Geylang direction). 

Next time, must slow down chun chun to the speed level.

• Praise 4

I agree this is how it should be done, at the moment because there is no pain/nothing to lose, that's why you have people challenging. Either a fixed sum or a sum equivalent to the fine they are facing, ie. double or nothing.

• Praise 1

Latest summon is at Nicoll Highway.

From the summon notice on the Lamp post number, it is taken 2-3 lamp posts before reaching the bridge (heading towards Geylang direction). 

Should be the pedestrian bridge just before Java Rd ?

Twincharged

Dun waste time, just pay and move on.

wow ... you just replied to a post almost 4 years old ....

I am reading this coz I also got love letter in my letterbox last night .... same thing but on Changi coast road... did not realize but they just put a mobile camera there just after fire station towards the direction of ECP. I am using that stretch every night to go home .... the offence is dated 28sep .... dunno got anymore this past week or not ... :(

this morning just went online to submit driver particulars .... now just wait for the bill to come lor ...

I think that's why the writer was asking TP for evidence, which they say none.

I remember back in the older days, when you make a trip to UBI TP HQ, they will show you pictures taken seconds apart to proof and also to remind you where you have beaten traffic lights.

I share the grieve of these car owners. How can you sometimes remember where and when you did something after 2 or 3 weeks, especially when a few family members share the car and its even difficult to recall who drove it when the 'offence' occurred.

I think TP should relook at showing people evidence of offence. Its only fair. We are democratic, we don't want to be like North Korea. Otherwise, it comes across as a certain degree of bullying.

yeah I cannot even remember the name of the "thing" I ate at Lorong-8 2 weeks ago.

i try before.......the officer back then say must pay for the picture....he said plus admin fee the pic will cost about $200 plus. Kana saman $130 and if want to see pic must add another 200....xiao! That time still young and stupid.....
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2