Topping up Nitrogen filled tyres

TatteredTorn

Dear all,

If your existing tyres were filled up with Nitrogen, is it ok to top it up with normal air? Or is it a must to top it up with Nitrogen only?

it's ok to top up with normal air. Not as if nitorgen and normal air cannot be mix. [laugh] [laugh]

Once you top up normal air...

The Nitro percentage in the tyre will change...

If you wanna go back to Nitro again gotto redo the old process...

Normal air ard 78% but Nitro filled ard 95%...

it's ok to top up with normal air. Not as if nitorgen and normal air cannot be mix. [laugh][laugh]

true..but the leakage will be higher after mixing with normal air because the % of nitrogen is lesser

Nitrogen leaks slower than normal air and dun built up so much heat as compare with air

So prolong tyre lifespan and protect the rims and valves from oxidisation ...

Nitrogen leaks slower than normal air and dun built up so much heat as compare with air

So prolong tyre lifespan and protect the rims and valves from oxidisation ...

I been using nitrogen I really don;t think it can prolong tyre lifespan if the lifespan refer to thread wear

My previous tyres have rotate over 50k km with normal air, the shop wanna pump in nitrogen but I didn't bother. After 50k km, still looks like able to tahan another 30k km. It's how you drive.

If you drive fast in excess of 150kph frequently, car is heavy always do century sprint and zam brake at last min, even helium also won't help in the tyre wear.

The tyre shop guy told me that Nitrogen Filled tyre dun expand so much like normal ones when long distance driving [drivingcar]

Therefore it will prolong lifespan lor... [bounce2]

I bot the Conti SSR from him got Free Nitrogen cum Rotation... [flowerface]

Edited by Pohhenry

Nitrogen in the atmosphere is already 78%. And the so called pumped in nitrogen is 100% pure?? Did they do a vacuum before introducing nitrogen into tyre??

Bottom line......waste money lah