Dirt cheap storage space.. recommendations?

Leslielai

Need an approximately 30 sqft space to store some personal items for a long period (2-3 years). Sought out quotations from the big names like BigOrange, ExtraStorage, etc but the prices are way ex.

Thought there could be something cheaper in the industrial areas that I do not know about. Any recommendations?

↡ Advertisement

define cheap ?

those places u mentioned should be cheap enough ..100 plus per month only ma.

That price is for really small lockers, not for the dimensions I'm looking at.

For the prices they charge, I can very well rent a HDB room somewhere ulu <_<

i don't think other commercial/industrial warehouse able to cater for such a small area. Even if they are willing to let you chuck your stuff in one corner, there may be security issue where your items may be damage easily.

Best if you know any friend who stay in landed and let you put your stuff at their backyard (you provide the container to storage).

Need an approximately 30 sqft space to store some personal items for a long period (2-3 years). Sought out quotations from the big names like BigOrange, ExtraStorage, etc but the prices are way ex.

Thought there could be something cheaper in the industrial areas that I do not know about. Any recommendations?

Try Jumbo storage at Jalan Pemimpin.

Not sure if they are "cheap", but if you have a long term plan, they may give you a good discount especially if you are willing to pay upfront.

Call them and give a try. No harm

Edited by Icedbs

no lei, last time my friend rented a place in one of the storage company. less then 200 per month. and hell, its big, can accommodate 4rm flat stuff (he was doing reno to his house)

and I recall he told me, free delivery or pick up

Try U-Store@SG, ~53sqf for about 153/mth

http://www.ustoreatsg.com

Price very cheap for self storage but dun have smaller unit

The smallest they have is the above unit which is too big for me.

or

EBC SELF-STORAGE PTE LTD, very nearby U-Store@SG

http://www.ebcstorage.com.sg

Similar price range as U-Store@SG

Or

BizStore, which I am using now.

20sqf Air-Con Unit about 106/mth

Non AC unit should be cheaper

http://www.bizstore.com.sg

Forget about those branded storage company, way too expensive

Hope above info helps......

• Praise 1

you should measure in terms of volume.

for 5Osq ft, you may need appr 2m x 2m.

bit usual height of Self Storage service providers are having height of 2.5m, or2.7m.

then 2m x 2m x 2.5m = 1Om3.

you can stack your goods up to let say 2m ?

by this calculation, you may not even require 2m x 2m taking intp consideration of the height.

Unfortunately, almost all self storage company use sqf as measurement standard, not volume.

Most of them are on standard height of ~2.7m so they only measure L x W.

U try asking volume as measurement and see what answer u get?

Neutral Newbie

Many big boys have many charges and increase price regularly. I have searched and shifyed froma branded ones to my current ones when they increased their prices...... they just loss a pretty long term customer like me.

My main concern is always security and cost and environment. I try to go for mid size service providers with multiple location as small new ones might just fold on you like one of my friend who go to a warehouse and was given few hrs notice to leave because the tenant who rent the warehouse did not pay his rent for couple of mths.

So my initial choice was avoid warehouse type as security is a concern because most warehouse are operating other logistic business and have many crews working there and items are exposed to dust and sunlight.

After much scouring around, I landed with this interesting service provider as it was posting Beware advise on some other platform to share horror stories of unscrupulous service provider, anyone looking for storage should read this

http://payu-storage.blogspot.sg/2016/04/beware.html

I find this provider suitable for me on 2 important points. The storage is enclosed unit with no one inside, no dust and permanently locked up and price wise 2 times cheaper than what I used to pay. Also, they have multiple locations and been around for a while

You guys can compare their price, just google PayU storage

I am unable to find suitable dimensions to store my items and existing storage spaces are too big. Its also such a waste of money to pay additional fees for the unused space due to storage spaces being sold in rooms and boxes. I'd rather place my items in someone else's house who has such space if it means i can save alot more.

I am unable to find suitable dimensions to store my items and existing storage spaces are too big. Its also such a waste of money to pay additional fees for the unused space due to storage spaces being sold in rooms and boxes. I'd rather place my items in someone else's house who has such space if it means i can save alot more.

Bro, I take this view:

you decide how long you going to keep the items and their monetary value.

If keep Z years x $/per month is > expensive than value of item, then either throw items away or give away to charity.

If you take a second look at the times and if you are not going to use it, then throw away, sell away or give away

If it is sentimental reasons for yourself, then nothing to say.

Most situations, after you keep your items in storage for awhile and revisit you realise you don't really want them anymore

• Praise 5

please don't place in someone else's home.  

there are no appropriate safety systems esp fire systems in place to function as a commercial storage space

mai hai lang hor

[sweatdrop]  [shakehead]

• Praise 1

In the wee hours of a night, find a park, dig a hole and bury your stuff. This is free and safe. Remember to draw a map and Mark the spot x .

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I am unable to find suitable dimensions to store my items and existing storage spaces are too big. Its also such a waste of money to pay additional fees for the unused space due to storage spaces being sold in rooms and boxes. I'd rather place my items in someone else's house who has such space if it means i can save alot more

I think this is highly feasible tho. I store my unused items in my friend's house because she has an extra empty room. but it's rather hard to find such places

↡ Advertisement