Banker quit to be cartoonist!

Jman888

I know there are talents in singapore too, but to give up a bankers job to draw cartoon? ok maybe he was just a bank teller then [rolleyes]

maybe he was looking for a 4-day week job in the beginning :D :D

Malaysia's first 3D animated film makes waves internationally

By Melissa Goh | Posted: 20 December 2012 0042 hrs

480856_518651458147884_1145199793_n.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's first 3D animated film "War of the Worlds Goliath" is making waves internationally; it recently won the Best 3D Animated Feature award at the Los Angeles 3D Film Festival.

Set in an alternate 1914 New York, War of the Worlds Goliath is about a second wave alien invasion. The film is a tribute to HG Wells' novel War of the Worlds, said its producer Leon Tan.

The film is the first 3D animated movie ever produced in Malaysia, said Mr Tan.

"We (are targeting) those who like science fiction, theme parks, animation and games

↡ Advertisement

Different strokes for different folks. As long the guy likes his job, who cares?

Anyway, the mech look like a copycatted design from Dougram

f44a.jpg

Life is not just about money.

At the end of it you have to feel worth coming to this World before.

Of course at the baseline you have to be comfortable too. [:)]

if its me, i might do the same.

Banker job is not a walk in the park. kena squeeze left right centre and still have to worry about retrenchment..........

Many lawyers quit full time practice to open F&B establishments and restaurants. I personally know a few, and they are not small timers either. One of them is the daughter of xxxxxxxxx and sister of xxxxxxxxx who left a promising full time job at xxxxxxx & xxxxxxxx.

This banker is an enlightened person, following his heart, dropping out of the rat race. It will be even better if he has the potential to excel in it, becoming world-famous.

On your deathbed, would you like to be remembered as a corporate robot who made some so-so money in his lifetime - not even big money, mind you - just fairly good money to buy a nice condo or a small landed house, a continental car, and then you retire and play golf and die; or do you want to be remembered as someone great.

Neutral Newbie

if its me, i might do the same.

Banker job is not a walk in the park. kena squeeze left right centre and still have to worry about retrenchment..........

u forgot to add

kena squeeze from the bottom also

I do not see the big fuss. I known architect that give up to do painting.

At least he can look back & say he have something to show for. He can tell his grandson, hi, grandpa made this cartoon, let watch together.

As opposed to, Oh, Grandpa what did you do, "Then he proceed to explain what bankers do," "I do not get it grandpa, so your job is just to move money around? " "So whats your greatest achievement?" "Oh, .....hmmm....ok look, grandma making a cake, lets go over there shall we.... "

I do not see the big fuss. I known architect that give up to do painting.

At least he can look back & say he have something to show for. He can tell his grandson, hi, grandpa made this cartoon, let watch together.

As opposed to, Oh, Grandpa what did you do, "Then he proceed to explain what bankers do," "I do not get it grandpa, so your job is just to move money around? " "So whats your greatest achievement?" "Oh, .....hmmm....ok look, grandma making a cake, lets go over there shall we.... "

This kind of thing is very common in the west, so no big fuss.

But in Asia, where making money and having high social status is top priority, it does strike the majority of people as kind of odd.

In Asia, how much money one makes is a yardstick of how hardworking and successful one is, so to quit a high status big money job for an offbeat job such as being an artist or musician reflects badly on you..... People will think that you are lazy or CMI.

In this respect, even though both are modern societies today, Asian societies are sooooo different from western societies....

This kind of thing is very common in the west, so no big fuss.

But in Asia, where making money and having high social status is top priority, it does strike the majority of people as kind of odd.

In Asia, how much money one makes is a yardstick of how hardworking and successful one is, so to quit a high status big money job for an offbeat job such as being an artist or musician reflects badly on you..... People will think that you are lazy or CMI.

In this respect, even though both are modern societies today, Asian societies are sooooo different from western societies....

Yap, mindset differences. I have a friend that told me, there is no such thing as a good job, only jobs that pays well.

But in Western society, you often heard things like, 'Why do something you do not like", " I go to work every morning with a smile"

Very different mindset. But anyway, I am no longer pursuing the 'Singapore dream' since a few years ago, & never been happier.

Neutral Newbie

you realise singaporeans are always with a sulky face all the time.. and you realise the foreigners are different in that way. yes our culture and environment sucks. especially in singapore where the job, the amount of money you make, the car you drive and where you live prove your status, quite sadly.