Good deal for LTE Tablet (Asus TF300TL)

Heartlander

Yesterday got this after knowing about it from another forum.

Sxxxhub is offering this LTE tablet free if you sign up their MaxValue Elite plan at $51 for 12 months which is bundled with 11GB of 4G data monthly.

I believe the tablet need no introduction for those interested in tablets. It is a quad-core CPU with latest spec including a detachable keyboard that double as battery. Its lesser brother TF300TG which is 3G only is being retailed at $899 currently, and you are getting it FREE with the promotion. The normal selling price of 6month old TF300TG is about $600 to $700, and you are getting a brandnew TF300TL together with 12 months of LTE data plan thrown in for just $620. You could even sell the tablet at $800 and still earn a bit with the LTE plan free for 12months! For comparison, Sxxxtel offers the same thing at $500 with 24 months of $50 subscription with 10GB of LTE data monthly.

http://www.starhub.com/content/promotions/...obileelite.html

For record, I have nothing to gain from this deal as I do not work for any telco. Do hurry up as there is limited stock from what I was told. Cheers.

↡ Advertisement

Yesterday got this after knowing about it from another forum.

Sxxxhub is offering this LTE tablet free if you sign up their MaxValue Elite plan at $51 for 12 months which is bundled with 11GB of 4G data monthly.

I believe the tablet need no introduction for those interested in tablets. It is a quad-core CPU with latest spec including a detachable keyboard that double as battery. Its lesser brother TF300TG which is 3G only is being retailed at $899 currently, and you are getting it FREE with the promotion. The normal selling price of 6month old TF300TG is about $600 to $700, and you are getting a brandnew TF300TL together with 12 months of LTE data plan thrown in for just $620. You could even sell the tablet at $800 and still earn a bit with the LTE plan free for 12months! For comparison, Sxxxtel offers the same thing at $500 with 24 months of $50 subscription with 10GB of LTE data monthly.

http://www.starhub.com/content/promotions/...obileelite.html

For record, I have nothing to gain from this deal as I do not work for any telco. Do hurry up as there is limited stock from what I was told. Cheers.

u may wanted to consider twice before choosing starhub.... If the deal is with Singtel or even M1, maybe can consider... Their 3G service is sucks big time... even M1 is much better. 4G??? If cannot even provide a proper 3G service, I cant imagine hows their 4G..

u may wanted to consider twice before choosing starhub.... If the deal is with Singtel or even M1, maybe can consider... Their 3G service is sucks big time... even M1 is much better. 4G??? If cannot even provide a proper 3G service, I cant imagine hows their 4G..

You have tried their 4G service?

Actually i have also been sceptical about the telco, with whole clan having many lines with Singtel. But this offer is difficult to miss if you have given it due considerations. Even if you do not want the expensive freebie, you can still sell it at a good profit without any loss.

About the FREE TF300TL, it should be familiar to those who tinkle with tablets. Among the top Android tablets, if not the top.

About the sxxxhub 4G, I did speedtest and got a DL/UL speed that is between 3G and 4G speed of Singtel. I tried to watch korean drama at night and noon time, there is no interruption at all. I used my Note with Sxxxtel 3G, can't even do a proper rendering of GUI on my streaming app to see what shows available. My experience with 3G is that none can make it when you want to use it during peak time like holiday and weekends, not even able to surf net. At least the sxxxhub 4G is good enough to let me watch online movies/drama leh.

ok enough hardsell. I am not getting paid for this. Have nothing to gain anyway. Definitely not my loss. Cheers.

Edited by Heartlander

agree that overall, ST coverage is the widest islandwide but that's just "numbers"......for actual user, other factor also must take into consideration... like where they live and work and their hanging out place... my living hall is a blind spot for ST (masterbedroom signal is strong...) and dont even come to my place if your r on M1..... only SH gives me consistence signal ..... just this year, i port over to SH from ST after with them for like 12yrs...... and same goes for signal in my new office, SH stronger than ST... so, SH for me for the time being unless they screw up in future, i will port to whichever telco suite me best.... [laugh]

i am SOLD !!

has .... had been looking for a quad core android tablet and the since asus is a reputable company, i am willing to stake $51 x 12 + $48.15 on it !

dunno what storage capacity is the pad coming with and whether they are throwing the keyboard along with it or not ....??

many thanks to TS (Heartlander) for the heads-up !!

I'm going to buy now

help find out when the offer ends... in still considering... already bought a nexus 7 for my wife to watch korean drama few mths ago but in the end, my son use it most of the time.... thinking of getting this for my wife for her bd present ..... [:p]

Is this a laptop where the screen can be detache and become a tablet? The starhub picture seems to indicate so.

What is the weight of the gadget?

And is the starhub spec the same as per what you can buy from retail shops?

What is the retail price?

Maxmobile - is it broadband on mobile plan, where we can insert the sim card into the tablet?

Pardon for so many questions.

And many thanks to TS for this heads up! Seems to be an attractive promo ESP for pple like me who doesn't have a tablet.

i am SOLD !!

has .... had been looking for a quad core android tablet and the since asus is a reputable company, i am willing to stake $51 x 12 + $48.15 on it !

dunno what storage capacity is the pad coming with and whether they are throwing the keyboard along with it or not ....??

many thanks to TS (Heartlander) for the heads-up !!

The keyboard is bundled with the tablet, and is the 32GB version. Definitely good value. I am typing this msg with it, very shiok to have full screen to see the contents and typing with the physical keyboard.

Is this a laptop where the screen can be detache and become a tablet? The starhub picture seems to indicate so.

What is the weight of the gadget?

And is the starhub spec the same as per what you can buy from retail shops?

What is the retail price?

Maxmobile - is it broadband on mobile plan, where we can insert the sim card into the tablet?

Pardon for so many questions.

And many thanks to TS for this heads up! Seems to be an attractive promo ESP for pple like me who doesn't have a tablet.

The tablet itself is about 600g, keyboard alnother 5xxg. Pretty stndard weight.

Maxmobile is a mobile brodband plan that come with a sim card. The tablet accepts both regular sim card and micro-sim card.

The Asus TF300TL can't be purchased thru' retailers, and its lesser3G brother TF300TG is being retailed by Best Denki, Challenger etc for $899.

Does starhub also give a USB dongle too?

I am thinking how I will be able to use the mobile broadband plan on my normal laptop.

Will I be able to use my old singtel hspa USB modem for the starhub 4g sim card?

This seems to be a good deal, ESP if I compare to the similar singtel deal. Don think the promo will end in the next few days right since it has only started a few days ago?

The keyboard is bundled with the tablet, and is the 32GB version. Definitely good value. I am typing this msg with it, very shiok to have full screen to see the contents and typing with the physical keyboard.

wow !! 32gb !!

so can just walk-in and get on the spot ? coz i registered my interest online for them to call me.

wow !! 32gb !!

so can just walk-in and get on the spot ? coz i registered my interest online for them to call me.

When I called starhub hotline on 24/12 morning (yesterday), was told Parkway branch got only less than 15 sets. Not sure bout other branches.

Just walk in and collect on-the-spot.

Edited by Heartlander

Does starhub also give a USB dongle too?

I am thinking how I will be able to use the mobile broadband plan on my normal laptop.

Will I be able to use my old singtel hspa USB modem for the starhub 4g sim card?

This seems to be a good deal, ESP if I compare to the similar singtel deal. Don think the promo will end in the next few days right since it has only started a few days ago?

Why not you use the tablet on hot-spot mode to share data with your laptop?

Starhub does not provide any 4G dongle, must buy yourself if you really want. Starhub not sure, but Singtel 3G sim card = 4G sim card, just activate on backend. If Singtel, using on 4G dongle should be no problem.

Promotion is while stock last, which is not alot from what I was told by hotline.