Any recomendation for Robot cleaner??

Tigershark1976

That one is common sense la.

Fyi for example my Neato Robotics AC Adaptor is variable VAC but for those without just get a transformer from SLT or challenger $12 solve your problem

Our iRobot 530 did not come with variable VAC charger. The sales spec did not mention anything about voltage. But we were mentally prepared since this item is from USA.

* the HP Touchpad & Motorola Xoom tablets came with variable VAC charger.

We tried to source for voltage convertor/transformer from SLT/Homefix DIY, but some did not indicate suitable for 60Hz.

After some careful consideration since the charger would be ON 24/7 to keep the iRobot standby ready for next mission, we decided to buy a compatible charger [made for iRobot] from Amazon. Slightly more expensive than voltage convertor/transformer from SLT. A safer choice.

↡ Advertisement

It go round around corners and objects. Avoids everything very well. Except sofas that are about its sensor height

The vacuum is the most powerful in the market but theres a problem. It sounds like a fighter jet

Well, you got a fighter jet for the price of vacuum cleaner, good deal [laugh]

Our iRobot 530 is a bit noisy as well. Therefore, we decided not to let run during our sleeping hours, so as not to disturb our neighbours.

fyi, there is also another contender Agait. It's an Asus wholly owned subsidiary. They made an appearance at the last PC Show and quite attractive value for money bundles then. There are also plenty of comparison videos with the roomba equivalents floating on youtube if you look.

Imho get a cheap one off amazon. Dont bother with PI models or local sets unless u can get extended wty

unfortunately even the cheapest roomba will incur gst as it's more than 300 usd.

Our iRobot 530 did not come with variable VAC charger. The sales spec did not mention anything about voltage. But we were mentally prepared since this item is from USA.

* the HP Touchpad & Motorola Xoom tablets came with variable VAC charger.

We tried to source for voltage convertor/transformer from SLT/Homefix DIY, but some did not indicate suitable for 60Hz.

After some careful consideration since the charger would be ON 24/7 to keep the iRobot standby ready for next mission, we decided to buy a compatible charger [made for iRobot] from Amazon. Slightly more expensive than voltage convertor/transformer from SLT. A safer choice.

Ahh ic. Sim Lim Tower has alot of shops with those... Next time you need anything power should go there

unfortunately even the cheapest roomba will incur gst as it's more than 300 usd.

Amazon choose the gift option la no invoice. Then if you ship via cgw declare the value yourself.

You must think SG Customs stupid. ^_^

Put a reasonable amount below 400. Btw theres nothing wrong with finding a robot under 400. My own neato cost under it and yes i didnt pay gst.

Of course not ask u stupid declare $10. Go with the item price besides unless you are importing large numbers for business they wont disturb u

There are and used to be units of Roombas costing 100-200 usd. Nothing wrong with buying something cheaper or finding a good surprise deal

Edited by Cerano

Put a reasonable amount below 400. Btw theres nothing wrong with finding a robot under 400. My own neato cost under it and yes i didnt pay gst.

Of course not ask u stupid declare $10. Go with the item price besides unless you are importing large numbers for business they wont disturb u

GST is inclusive shipping charges in hor. so irobot US$250, shipping add in also tio liow.

There are and used to be units of Roombas costing 100-200 usd. Nothing wrong with buying something cheaper or finding a good surprise deal

Yep. Recon ones are heng suay, so are new ones.

Yep. Recon ones are heng suay, so are new ones.

I think if recon ones are acceptable, one should look for manufacturer refurbished ones rather than third party refurbished units.

I think if recon ones are acceptable, one should look for manufacturer refurbished ones rather than third party refurbished units.

Recon are refurbished units and all direct from manufacturers.

GST is inclusive shipping charges in hor. so irobot US$250, shipping add in also tio liow.

Its inclusive of the shipping from eg. Amazon to forwarder but not from forwarder to singapore...

Its how you declare it la at the end of the day...

Take note that irobot accessories, like rollers and extra battery are more readily available than other brands. But this doesn't matter if you the type that change a new set once it's old.

Edited by Ender

Its inclusive of the shipping from eg. Amazon to forwarder but not from forwarder to singapore...

Its how you declare it la at the end of the day...

Hahahahaha...you go and see properly again.I ship stuff so often, declared value at customs is inclusive of shipping from country of originto you. :)

• Praise 1

Came across some robot vacumn cleaner and wonder any MCFers use it before. The price is not cheap (min $800) and I do not want another white elephant added to my storeroom.... Pls share your experience and better still, if you have any good deal for such gadget..

Using the iRobot Roomba 780. Using it everyday. Do not have maid, so this robot cleaner is a great helper. Everyday I have clean floor...areas where we usually use/walk. You can feel that the floor is really clean after vacuumm when you walk on it.

My bed has a 4inch clearance from the floor, so the 780 actually went under the bed to clean the areas under the bed. So no more hard work to clean this area (used to do it every 3months).

So only manually clean the corners and areas where the robot cleaner can't reach every one to two months.

Quite an easy task to empty the dust bin...do it on alternate day. And clean the roller brush, etc once a week.

Also, did not see a huge increase of electricity bill.

In summary, money well spent in return of free time and energy :-)

↡ Advertisement