Fiat Bravo

Xiaobravo

New owner of an old bravo here, any idea how much to service aircon? I think evap needs a replacement, now cooling but not cool enough

Hi,

I'm not sure how cool you want it to be (cos its personal preference), but dun expect the Bravo aircon to perform like Japanese cars. 

Most jap cars at 25degrees and its super cool, but mine is set at 19, still not as cool, but its good enough for me. 

If you need professional advice, there are a few air con shops

Tomika - changed my compressor with them (Alexandra)

SGgarage - Edwin, quite well known (but at Woodlands)

Workshops that do Fiat cars:

Alfa-sportivo

Ienergi

Pro-Jex V2d (www.v2d.com.sg) - I service my bravo with them.

Hi,

I'm not sure how cool you want it to be (cos its personal preference), but dun expect the Bravo aircon to perform like Japanese cars. 

Most jap cars at 25degrees and its super cool, but mine is set at 19, still not as cool, but its good enough for me. 

If you need professional advice, there are a few air con shops

Tomika - changed my compressor with them (Alexandra)

SGgarage - Edwin, quite well known (but at Woodlands)

Workshops that do Fiat cars:

Alfa-sportivo

Ienergi

Pro-Jex V2d (www.v2d.com.sg) - I service my bravo with them.

thanks for the info, i believe the previous owner of my car also went for servicing at v2d, got the stickers all over, haha

New owner of an old bravo here, any idea how much to service aircon? I think evap needs a replacement, now cooling but not cool enough

I did my aircon service at Prowerkz Garage, can try if you want. 

On top, they do lots of Fiat bravo and carry most of the Fiat spare parts can say is a one-stop Fiat workshop [grin]

Edited by AdrianT89

I did my aircon service at Prowerkz Garage, can try if you want.

On top, they do lots of Fiat bravo and carry most of the Fiat spare parts can say is a one-stop Fiat workshop [grin]

Thanks Adrian, yes I went to Prowerkz before to do a scan on my electricals, they showed climate control fault (which I think explains my intermittent but rare problem with aircon compressor not firing up), and also the body computer which explains why the stock radio doesn't work.

Btw, any info on fixing the radio without replacing the body computer? So far I had to settle with minimum entertainment of turbo choo choo noise and tire grumble, some actual music will be better.

My option according to Prowerkz is to by pass something in the computer $500+, then install aftermarket stereo, but quite ex and still cannot find the right panel to then cover the dash..

Why not let the Authorised Service give it a free check? They giving free diagnostics for Fiat this month.

No harm getting a second opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/FiatServiceSG/photos/a.672344609598718.1073741828.661907797309066/661922873974225/?type=3&theater

Edited by LouisYong

Are you getting yours checked too? Maybe I can make some appointment for this check.

Already did! Basically they will do a WiTech diagnostic plugging directly into your OBD2 port and a 23 points check. Takes less than 2 hours.

Managed to find out potential parts that needs to look into.

Already did! Basically they will do a WiTech diagnostic plugging directly into your OBD2 port and a 23 points check. Takes less than 2 hours.

Managed to find out potential parts that needs to look into.

Alright then good, mind sharing the check results for your bravo? Do you know anything about common faults for this model?

Alright then good, mind sharing the check results for your bravo? Do you know anything about common faults for this model?

Sure. i'll go dig out the report.

Nothing much actually. Just the standard wear and tear, and the crumbling wiring housings and intake hose. Small issues that have quick fixes. 

But then again, i'm driving a T-jet manual. For the selespeed, probably have to take note of the selespeed oil and flush the clutch pump regularly i guess?

Sure. i'll go dig out the report.

Nothing much actually. Just the standard wear and tear, and the crumbling wiring housings and intake hose. Small issues that have quick fixes.

But then again, i'm driving a T-jet manual. For the selespeed, probably have to take note of the selespeed oil and flush the clutch pump regularly i guess?

I also have a tjet manual