Warning: Car charger with 2 USB and Cigarette Lighter

Phluvcat

Should get refund and ask for a can of abalone as CNY coming soon... hahaha

Oops, btw is glad it didn't catch fire.

I will probably get something else as I dun eat abalone at all...not nice...yucks...

Maybe orchid hormone fertilizers or some other plant stuff.

↡ Advertisement

I got the habit to occassionally, feel if it's heating up.

If I dun read in context to this thread....I would have thought something else is heating up...

[laugh]

Neutral Newbie

buy those branded n expensive ones better. used a dual usb for 3 years now still going strong. also another advice is unplug the charger from the socket before starting the engine. can protect the charger from fused.

Mckal and Mckay same or not? Bro 5936 reported reliability for Mckal leh.

I can't remember the exact name but I think it should be the real one as I bought it from Challenger, so it shouldn't be the 冒牌 one kwaa....

I can't remember the exact name but I think it should be the real one as I bought it from Challenger, so it shouldn't be the 冒牌 one kwaa....

I bought from Autobacs few days back, come with a ciga socket with 1 x 2A USB, and another wired ciga socket with 2 x 1A USBs.

Working well.

I plugged the video cam into the USB with higher cap of 2A after looking at the response of bros here.

Thanks all!

This kind of thing better pay more for quality. No point saving $2-30 on a charger to cause $2-300 damage on your car.

Stick to the reputable brands. It pays off in the long run. My Belkin charger has been flawless through iPhone 3GS to 5 and went through 2 cars (hard wired). Car is parked outdoors most times, so it's exposed to extremely hot temperatures. Charges very quickly (faster than the original charger).

Totally worth the $50+.

Neutral Newbie

I just bought a $20 car charger from auntie lucy, havent open and try yet, dunno whether wan to top up money to change a can of abalone and buy a car charger that got brand one after looking through the threads. Haha. [confused]

Neutral Newbie

Why buy cheap and damage your car? Few reason you can try on this brand new luxa2 Cigar2 car charges.

1) Fast Charging (3.4A in total)

2) with Overload Protection prevent of damage your car.

3) long life over 3000 plug in and out

4) Power Indicator (Blue)

5) 1 year warranty

e0cc4f1374594f558c0ca24f04b1c5c6.jpgLUXA2%20Road%20Car%20Travel%20Charger.pnLUXA2%20Road%20Car%20Travel%20Charger%20

Twincharged
(edited)

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...656288&hl=*

bro, this kind of plug, must buy something well built and quality..

just sharing with you what happen to mine...

burn my car interior..

There is a fuse that will melt that will cut off supply to the cigarette lighter when there is overcurrent to prevent from burning down the whole car. That's what I know from my previous Lancer. Bought a cheap car charger with 2 USB, plug it in to charge 2 handpone and for gps end up notice it's not working anymore, thought is the cheap car charger problem bought a new one, not working. Go to workshop, they found out the fuse is blown. So its quite safe as there is fuse to prevent car to burnt because of over current. Edited by Yewheng

Supersonic

There is a fuse that will melt that will cut off supply to the cigarette lighter when there is overcurrent to prevent from burning down the whole car. That's what I know from my previous Lancer. Bought a cheap car charger with 2 USB, plug it in to charge 2 handpone and for gps end up notice it's not working anymore, thought is the cheap car charger problem bought a new one, not working. Go to workshop, they found out the fuse is blown. So its quite safe as there is fuse to prevent car to burnt because of over current.

Fuse protects the wire.

In your car the 10A or 15A fuse is good to protect the wires behind the socket.

This means the wire is thick enough to carry such load without overheating.

Thinner wire equals higher resistance, equals higher heating.

For those who plug in external extensions or loads in front of the socket, if they come with thin wire that can't handle the max current, it will burn.

Meaning your socket fuse of 10A may not blow yet, but the thin wire that you plug in, is already burning, when the load exceeds the thin wire capacity.

Neutral Newbie

i have a dual usb car charger that I bought from Autobacs (2.1A) which I used for my dvr and gps. problem is it somehow interfere with my radio reception. When I plugged out i can hear 88.3 clearly, but when I plugged in 88.3 reception was as good as nil.

Previously i used a similar dual usb charger but smaller type and there is no issue with radio reception. (no amp stated)

Is there different usb to be use for different purposes? those stated (or printed) on the devices that stated for ipad/iphone can only be used for ipad/iphone and not for dvr and gps?

Neutral Newbie
you can buy good quality car charger from this shop ,it's very good quality. I would recommend that one.
if wholesale can check this website www.szsunda.com many new models mobile phone accesories .

Bought the above charger from Giant yesterday evening.

This morning, plugged into the cigarette lighter socket, on the engine, then proceeded to plug in video cam usb and mobile phone usb (mobile phone not connected at the other end yet). The cigarette socket is still free.

Within 5 sec, heard a slight piak and a little smoke emitted from one of the usb.

Knn, burnt liao. Cost about $14 down the drain.

Thought I found the charger with my desired config (2 USB + one cigarette lighter socket), now I am back to square one.

This type of thing dunno can get refund from Giant or not.

Previous I bought from overseas, a MIC one which has 2 cigarette socket and 2 USB ports.

When I plug in my smartphone to the USB port, the battery actually discharges !

Thank you to share with us. My car charger with USB is from Bestek. The same way to use is to connect with cigarette lighter charger outlet. Bestek 400w power inverter can meet all charger requirements to me. Or you can search Bestekmall on Google to know more about it. 

I think my car cigarette socket only 100w.

Supersonic

I think my car cigarette socket only 100w.

This guy is a spammer la. Check out all his 4 posts.

↡ Advertisement