Ethoz automative (Bukit Batok branch)

LookingBusy

Got sandwiched in a chain accident on PIE last year. Chartis told me to go to ETHOZ Tampines.

Took nearly a month to get the car fixed. They said insurance nowadays very "cat", so have to bargain a lot to get better deal. For some reason, they run out of small cars (my 1.5L), gave me a SUV for the period. Damn Siok.

Workmanship OK. Got 6 months warranty.

Damn shiok SUV? I think your next renewal will be quite shiok also [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Thats why, even though I very tu lan, I decided to cut loss and agree to compromise. Consider myself suay in that incident, and just move on.

Ya.. very grey area IMO, hard to fight. Unless there's a CCTV pointing at your car.

Had 2 experience with them.

First, happen 2 years ago, after fix my car due 2 accident, they fix my civic wiper wrongly. Left end up right n right end up left. The wiper spray also block due to some part obstructing the flow of water fr coming out. They claim its the pump faulty but a check with my workshop found they didn't fix back properly. Very poor workmanship in ths case.

2nd time, juz last month, fix a minor damaged due to somebody rear ended my car but need 1 week to fix. Service wise, the staff ok. Both got replacement cat B car. The bill for car rental for a week is more ex than the repair itself.

Both case, my odometer higher by almost 50km when got back the car. When query, they said they send the car outside to repair.

I go back to them bcos they r the autorize workshop n also nearest to my place n they can settle everything under 1 roof + got replacement car.

Had 2 experience with them.

First, happen 2 years ago, after fix my car due 2 accident, they fix my civic wiper wrongly. Left end up right n right end up left. The wiper spray also block due to some part obstructing the flow of water fr coming out. They claim its the pump faulty but a check with my workshop found they didn't fix back properly. Very poor workmanship in ths case.

2nd time, juz last month, fix a minor damaged due to somebody rear ended my car but need 1 week to fix. Service wise, the staff ok. Both got replacement cat B car. The bill for car rental for a week is more ex than the repair itself.

Both case, my odometer higher by almost 50km when got back the car. When query, they said they send the car outside to repair.

I go back to them bcos they r the autorize workshop n also nearest to my place n they can settle everything under 1 roof + got replacement car.

I see. Do you also have to pay for the duration of the car rental, or claim from the other party's/own insurance?

From the numerous reviews here so far, they sound like they aren't exactly the best place to send our cars to but for the reasons you state in the last line of your post for me personally as well

i had a minor accident last year, just scratches here and there and broken bumper clip. someone hit me at the side almost towards my car boot already when he's coming out from a parking lot... no way i could have avoided it since that car already passed my view.

went to ethoz and they say very hard to claim bla bla bla ask me fix myself. didn't even want to help me file a report.

went to another workshop at sin ming instead and they chop chop take in my car, sign some docs and gave me a replacement say and don't have to worry about a single cent as they're confident to be able to claim everything from the other party.

Edited by Gwensilvz

Neutral Newbie

If you get into an accident. Make sure someone rear end you first. Damn lucky got camera to proof the back car hit me first. Die Die must install a camera. Highly recommended to protect your insurance premium.

Neutral Newbie

If you get into an accident. Make sure someone rear end you first. Damn lucky got camera to proof the back car hit me first. Die Die must install a camera. Highly recommended to protect your insurance premium.

I see. Do you also have to pay for the duration of the car rental, or claim from the other party's/own insurance?

From the numerous reviews here so far, they sound like they aren't exactly the best place to send our cars to but for the reasons you state in the last line of your post for me personally as well

both claim insurance.

Why u digging one year old thread just for the above comment?

U visited them?

Cos I am undecided whether to send to them for repairs

Neutral Newbie

Please be very careful with Ethoz. Just had a terrible customer service experience with their Sales team. We are only $$ signs for them. 

• Praise 1

Do NOT send your vehicles here if you're involved in an accident.

They're a "Premier" workshop with AXA and Direct Asia.

Retardedly slow claims and repair process.

Details below.

Accident was on last monday, towed to their "premier workshop" on the same day.
They only started work repairing the car YESTERDAY! After 9 fooking days!!
Wtf were the workshop and AXA doing, I have no freaking idea. Maybe wanking each other off.

Latest update from this so called "premier workshop" is that the car will only be ready middle of next week.

For a simple repair job that any half assed workshop can fix in a day or two they need more than two weeks to repair.

1    Monday Vehicle Sent in

2    Tuesday Went down to make give statement and make report

3    Wednesday Nothing Done

4    Thursday Nothing Done

5    Friday AXA sent a guy down to take another statement when I already made one. Vehicle Surveyed. Effectively Nothing Done

6    Saturday Nothing Done

7    Sunday Nothing Done

8    Monday Nothing Done

9    Tuesday Workshop Contacts me saying AXA has just authorised the repair and they will start to order the parts. So once again, no work done.

Working Day 1

10   Wednesday Pissed off. Contacted workshop. They say they will need 7 working Days to repair!! Working Day 2

12   Thursday Working Day 3

13   Friday Working Day 4

14   Saturday

15   Sunday

16   Monday Working Day 5

17   Tuesday Working Day 6

18   Wednesday Working Day 7 Lets see whether these slow asses can make it by then.

Should have sent it in to my normal workshop, would have gotten it back by day 5 or 6 instead of Potentially 20.

my colleague did recommend this ws to me a couple of years back but I had my doubts . . . woo yearh boh??  [laugh]

Heng you didnt go to them.

AXA also another bunch of morons.

Slow like F*&K and yet still think they are fast.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1