Singpost courier dishonesty with incredibly lousy service

Cerano

Auntie not only sell stuff but she very talkative too. Told me her life story........she is chinese, married a singh, two boys, one in ite n another serving NS.................lucky my number appear and quickly collect my item and zhao!!! [laugh]

i was at one of the post office 2 weeks ago, the whole place like market/pasar, the staff talking to each other like their own home backyard <_< <_<

↡ Advertisement

i always opt out for registered mail if i purchase something online (something not expensive), if the item is small enough, the postman will put inside the mail box, if too big, he may try to knock at my door (provided he has the time).

but for important mail like legal document or something, then even registered also cannot trust the item been change hand so many time, use a courier.

I would tell them, please don't send me registered mail.

You make my life difficult as I have to go down PO and collect and meet those selling insurance, medisave at the door.

Yah man. Was shocked when the Singpost auntie walk up to me asking me wana buy mentos while waiting to collect my stuff at the Yishun Singpost outlet.

Auntie complain to me they transfer her from other outlets to Yishun to sell mentos. She also bo pian have to sell.

I wonder if the post office in Geylang sells Durex or not...hahahahaha...but I won't be surprise if they do !!!

Some singpost joker just left the parcel hanging at my doorstep when no one is at home!

Lucky it's not some very valuable stuff.

the singpost guy delivery parcel to my wife got initiative to call her to see if she wants him to leave the parcel there are our door step.

vs another one, registered letter also force me go back to their post office to collect when i not around.

but having said that, generally singpost and speedpost is not up to scratch.

speedpsot misplace my company small carton of documents!

The whole point of registered mail or courier service is to ensure delivery and receivance of the item. If we have to go down to collect then hell we may as well go collect from the person itself.

agreed! i was very pissed when they dropped a delivery slip into my letterbox and ask me to go post office to collect the registered letter. why can't they drop the registered letter into my letterbox?

what pisses me even more is that, last time they allow rescheduled delivery to happen on saturdays. nowadays, rescheduled deliveries can only be done on monday-friday. it is always nonsensical for service industry to exclude providing servce on saturdays and weekdays night after office hour.

agreed! i was very pissed when they dropped a delivery slip into my letterbox and ask me to go post office to collect the registered letter. why can't they drop the registered letter into my letterbox?

what pisses me even more is that, last time they allow rescheduled delivery to happen on saturdays. nowadays, rescheduled deliveries can only be done on monday-friday. it is always nonsensical for service industry to exclude providing servce on saturdays and weekdays night after office hour.

Registered letter i can understand they cant drop it into your letterbox as someone has to sign for it. However its ridiculous when we're at home but no attempt to deliver is made.

The point of slipping the notice under your door is to prove the postman was there. In our cases they didnt even bother to deliver. Singpost should crap down on errant postmen and fine them or levy punishment.

Its both in their interests and ours. Clear a backlog of deliveries and ppl surging in the Office and our convenience.

Registered letter i can understand they cant drop it into your letterbox as someone has to sign for it. However its ridiculous when we're at home but no attempt to deliver is made.

The point of slipping the notice under your door is to prove the postman was there. In our cases they didnt even bother to deliver. Singpost should crap down on errant postmen and fine them or levy punishment.

Its both in their interests and ours. Clear a backlog of deliveries and ppl surging in the Office and our convenience.

i think it is not up to them to decide but the customer in me to decide. example, like my wife case, the postman called my wife and ask her to give him an sms authorisation. i much appreciate such initiative.

for my case, i would also prefer they call me and ask me to give some form of authorisation, be it sms or fax to their office.

lastly, my grouse is also their refusal to do re-delivery on saturday. how many singapore home address got folks at home during office hours mondays - fridays? by refusing to deliver on sat, it is as good as forcing us to make the trip to collect it.

i think it is not up to them to decide but the customer in me to decide. example, like my wife case, the postman called my wife and ask her to give him an sms authorisation. i much appreciate such initiative.

for my case, i would also prefer they call me and ask me to give some form of authorisation, be it sms or fax to their office.

lastly, my grouse is also their refusal to do re-delivery on saturday. how many singapore home address got folks at home during office hours mondays - fridays? by refusing to deliver on sat, it is as good as forcing us to make the trip to collect it.

That is preferable. Either that or if they need a signature can ask security guard at the guardhouse to sign and hold for me first.

That is preferable. Either that or if they need a signature can ask security guard at the guardhouse to sign and hold for me first.

yep...i just hate it that in their providing of purported service to me, they are doing me a disservice by asking me to turn up at their post office on saturday to collect!

Get yr local online sell to use Ta Q Bin courier, very reliable with on time tracking. I have shifted almost all my online sales parcels from Singpost to Ta Q Bin. Still continue to use Singapost smartpac and AM mail for customers who prefer to have the goods sign by postmen and then leave them in the mail boxes.

Edited by Yeobh

Neutral Newbie

A few days back I had a registered article being sent to me via singpost. So i called in on the friday evening at roughly 4pm and was told item was out for delivery with courier should arrive anytime before 6.

So i sent a family member to wait at the door in case the courier arrived with the door open. Waited and waited but courier never came.

I later checked the letterbox downstairs and found the registered article slip.

This meant the lazy courier didnt even bother coming up and just chose to throw the slip into the letterbox. Standard practice to prove that they did come up to deliver at your door is by slipping under your door step. Not in your letterbox.

I understand that this has occured to many and not myself and there are many complaints made but no action has been taken by singpost.

In the end i had to go down to the post office the next day which was already overwhelmed with people and orders.

Poor counter aunty had to do so much more work because of a lazy courier. Imagine this multiplied by so many cases.

Bro, your case not so jialat. Mine was worst.

This is the letter I wrote to Speedpost/Singpost. Sorry for the WOT. Cos they pull alot of stunts.

The background info in the letter also.

This is a formal letter of complaint on 2 of your employee's lack of integrity and professionalism.

Background: I ordered something from Creative's online shop and the delivery date is 28-29 Nov. They deliver it via Speedpost's courier service.

28 Nov:

Creative send me an email with a Speedpost tracking number (XF20100011784) to track my parcel.

I went to Speedpost website to check. Item was picked up by Speedpost at 11.28am.

I also signed up for the email notification on delivery update.

29 Nov (Morning):

I went online to check and there is no update. It is supposed to be delivered today and still no update. So I called Speedpost on their Parcel Tracking Hotline (1800-222-5777).

A lady(Pinoy) picked up the call and I told her my concerns.

She tell me there is no information on my parcel. And I was told to hold the line.

After she got back to the line, she tell me the parcel won't be delivered today because the item in from OVERSEAS and haven't reach Singapore.

(Mind you, Creative has a warehouse and office in SG) Feeling puzzled, I queried further on which country is it being shipped from.

She say she has no information on that and there is nothing she can do.

End of 1st conversation.

And the same time, I emailed Creative on what the heck was going on.

Unsatisfied, I called the SAME hotline again and this time, a Mr Edward(Pinoy) answered my call and after explaining my enquires to him, he told me that this is not the number to call for Parcel tracking as it is a different department.

I told him that this is the hotline that is listed in the website as parcel tracking. He apologised and said it is not and gave me another number (6845-6485) to call.

End of 2nd conversation.

I called the 2nd number and a local Indian lady answered. She told me my parcel is picked up at Creative in Singapore yesterday and will be delivered today or tomorrow.

I asked her why I am supposed to call this 2nd number to check on my parcel?

She said she is not sure also why I am directed here as she is from the 'REDELIVERY' department.

(Redelivery department is where you call to reschedule the delivery appointment if you missed the 1st 1) I received a call later in the day from the courier and got my things.

I am perfectly fine with people not knowing things. We are all human, but, if you don't know something, you make up stories and lies to cover up for their lack of knowledge.

Not only is this unprofessional, it is unethical. There is no reason why you need to lie.

I demand to know why this can happen in such an established and reputable state-linked organisation.

Their Reply

Thank you for your feedback dated 29 November 2012 regarding status of XF20100011784.

We share your concerns and sincerely apologise for the service standard you endured. We agree that timeliness and reliability are essential aspects of our delivery services. In fact, Speedpost constantly strives to provide a high standard of service and invests heavily on staff training to ensure that these standards are met.

It would not have occurred if the Customer Service Officers who had assisted you on your enquiry concerned had demonstrated vigilance and attentiveness on checking of the item's whereabouts. A warning has been given to the staffs involved and their performances will be monitored to ensure consistency in their work.

Our Customer Service Officers have also been reminded to be attentive on updating or providing the correct informations to our customers.

In the meantime, our systems shows that XF20100011784 was successfully delivered on 29 November 2012 at 15:34:59.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the less than ideal service you experienced. We agree that our customer deserves the best service at all times and would like to assure you that Speedpost conducts regular checks on the performance of our Call Centre and service quality. We are constantly working towards meeting our customers

I dun think it lack integrity or professional as the delivery was done was schedule. only problem is you were too eager and call them (and get yourself confused).

Ive been using Sing Post for the past few years and I think they have been great. Redelivery was timely and notices were placed at my door. Only one bad experience when they stuffed something in my post box and I couldn't get it out from the front. Was not their fault tho as the guy din realise that the front of the post box was smaller than the rear that they use to slot in. I also don't see whats the problem of going down to the post office to collect the parcel. Its usually very fast if you know the timings to avoid. I always head to Newton which is not only near my place but has free parking.

(edited)

Ive been using Sing Post for the past few years and I think they have been great. Redelivery was timely and notices were placed at my door. Only one bad experience when they stuffed something in my post box and I couldn't get it out from the front. Was not their fault tho as the guy din realise that the front of the post box was smaller than the rear that they use to slot in. I also don't see whats the problem of going down to the post office to collect the parcel. Its usually very fast if you know the timings to avoid. I always head to Newton which is not only near my place but has free parking.

Its like you pay for dhl and they ask you to collect fro warehouse. What about people without transport or cars?

You are paying for the service so why arent we getting it

Edited by Cerano

The whole point of registered mail or courier service is to ensure delivery and receivance of the item. If we have to go down to collect then hell we may as well go collect from the person itself.

That's right. I also paid for registered mail. And then I found the letter at my door step, saying I not at home at xxx time, which is not true, cos I at home for the whole day la. Sigh, I think they did'nt even knock the door.

Yes, those guys always do that. I complained to the head office.

That's right. I also paid for registered mail. And then I found the letter at my door step, saying I not at home at xxx time, which is not true, cos I at home for the whole day la. Sigh, I think they did'nt even knock the door.

speedPost

i have been using speedpost for many years

once they were suppose to delivery an item by a certain time

and they did not

they reimburse me the full sum paid and still deliver the item a day later

otherwise there were minor issues but since when do any organisation dont have