Singpost courier dishonesty with incredibly lousy service

Cerano

Supercharged

I also notice one of their jiak chua tricks

the postman will cut/peel the barcode sticker from the parcel, they are supposed to scan the barcode at the doorstep to log a successful delivery.

with the bar code stickers in their pocket, they can scan them at a later time.

Turbocharged

A few days back I had a registered article being sent to me via singpost. So i called in on the friday evening at roughly 4pm and was told item was out for delivery with courier should arrive anytime before 6.

So i sent a family member to wait at the door in case the courier arrived with the door open. Waited and waited but courier never came.

I later checked the letterbox downstairs and found the registered article slip.

This meant the lazy courier didnt even bother coming up and just chose to throw the slip into the letterbox. Standard practice to prove that they did come up to deliver at your door is by slipping under your door step. Not in your letterbox.

I understand that this has occured to many and not myself and there are many complaints made but no action has been taken by singpost.

In the end i had to go down to the post office the next day which was already overwhelmed with people and orders.

Poor counter aunty had to do so much more work because of a lazy courier. Imagine this multiplied by so many cases.

Fast forward 4 years later, I see more Ah Tiong & foreigners doing courier work, and the regular letters getting misplaced is a common occurance. I keep receiving my neighbours' letters in my mailbox.

In Singapore, the top honchos are either inexperienced retired army generals or Ang Mo . All 'chiak liao bee"  [:|]  <_<

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/singpost-appoints-new-group-ceo

Supersonic

I also notice one of their jiak chua tricks

the postman will cut/peel the barcode sticker from the parcel, they are supposed to scan the barcode at the doorstep to log a successful delivery.

to you it's jiak chua.

to them, it's productivity

Supercharged

to you it's jiak chua.

to them, it's productivity

yeah right...

many times, the parcel took 3 days from UK to Singapore and it took the same number of days from Changi Airport to my home

How does it help them to scan the barcode later?

Shouldn't they scan it earlier to falsely indicate the parcel was delivered?

Not Singpost, but I have on a couple of occasions that my parcels were indicated as delivered and I only got them the next day.

The couriers have to meet their metrics. If it is too strict, people tend to cheat.

Supercharged

How does it help them to scan the barcode later?

Shouldn't they scan it earlier to falsely indicate the parcel was delivered?

Not Singpost, but I have on a couple of occasions that my parcels were indicated as delivered and I only got them the next day.

The couriers have to meet their metrics. If it is too strict, people tend to cheat.

if your last parcel of the day is scanned at 2pm, your boss will give you more tomorrow.

save the barcode stickers, spread them apart till the end of the day.

Supersonic

Agreed. I typically ship items using DHL or fedex because i have my corporate accounts with them under my company and i just arrange and they put it on my tab. No fussy work or worries very responsible too.

This time i had no choice as it was an item from a local merchant. Dhl doesnt do local

My previous company had very good corp rates. Just slightly more than singpost to post a parcel (we ship tens to hundred of millions a year worldwide) so this was a good idea.

Current company.... never ship anything so the rates as really basic and high!

Twincharged

Fast forward 4 years later, I see more Ah Tiong & foreigners doing courier work, and the regular letters getting misplaced is a common occurance. I keep receiving my neighbours' letters in my mailbox.

In Singapore, the top honchos are either inexperienced retired army generals or Ang Mo . All 'chiak liao bee"  [:|]  <_<

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/singpost-appoints-new-group-ceo

The postman that deliver to my block is a PRC guy. Much better than the previous aunty. Previously alot of mail lost and always get the slip even when we are home the whole day. This new guy will take note who's always not home at what time and he'll deliver when we are back. 

save the barcode stickers, spread them apart till the end of the day.

I see. :D

So far my Singpost deliveries all require signature, no running away.

The non-Singpost couriers are very aggressive. They will call you beforehand to minimize their wait time. Can tell they are paid by delivery.

The postman that deliver to my block is a PRC guy. Much better than the previous aunty. Previously alot of mail lost and always get the slip even when we are home the whole day. This new guy will take note who's always not home at what time and he'll deliver when we are back. 

Some of the local aunties/uncles can be quite cranky but can't help it, the salary of postman/woman is not high, basic only $850.

Got to resort the delivering flyers in bundles to supplement their income... sometimes i get the odd 'massage parlour' flyer in my letterbox... [:p] 

• Praise 1

Some of the local aunties/uncles can be quite cranky but can't help it, the salary of postman/woman is not high, basic only $850.

Got to resort the delivering flyers in bundles to supplement their income... sometimes i get the odd 'massage parlour' flyer in my letterbox... [:p] 

Any good?

And what do you mean by odd?

Girls dressed as french maids?

:D