2014 Lexus IS F-Sport Revealed

Aspri

I have a white IS 300h and went with Ceramic Pro. You're not going to be able to prevent the film from looking yellow or dirty, unfortunately, because of the white paint. Some people have it removed, but you run the risk of damage to your paint from rocks, sand and other debris.

Thanks for the info. Ya that's what blacknano told me also. Guess I'll just leave it as it is.
↡ Advertisement

Brothers and sisters,

I have a question rgd the IS200T.

I realized that when i gradually apply the brakes the GB has the tendency to jump from gear 3 to gear 1 by passing gear 2.

Does your new vehicle behave liddat?

Edited by alex976

Brothers and sisters,

I realized that when i gradually apply the brakes the GB has the tendency to jump from gear 3 to gear 1 by passing gear 2.

Yup. Doesn't have to be sequential. It's dependent on vehicle speed, brake pedal pressure, etc.

Brothers and sisters,

How do you which gear you are at?

Just to share my 1k servicing experience. Maybe I'm suaku, but Lexus really knows how to pamper their clients. Big and comfy waiting area.

Preselected breakfast during online booking

post-1798-0-71948600-1482735751_thumb.jpg

Refreshments while waiting to collect car.

post-1798-0-97645600-1482735692_thumb.jpg

Overall, customer service is top notch.

Mentioned that shifting from P to D first thing in the morning is rough and jerky. Was told it is normal.

When driving, sometimes gear just won't upshift from 5. Couldn't replicate the issue.

Other than that, after changing to synthetic oil, car feels more willing to rev.

And the roof is pretty hollow, surprising since this is a Lexus.

FC is at 8.3 km/l based on onboard reading, fair bit of city and heavy traffic. Am on 18" lightweight wheels, lighter than stock. Had expected better FC, at least double digits.

Other than that, car is good and will monitor again.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Just to share my 1k servicing experience. Maybe I'm suaku, but Lexus really knows how to pamper their clients. 

Lol its paid for by the profit margin of around 25k per car for the IS .

Did you use their toilet ? Even the paper used to wipe your ass is of good quality ; very soft .  [laugh]

By the way I skipped the 5k service as its only physical checks and no oil change.

Fuel consumption improves after the 10k mark ; at least for my ride. 

Enjoy your ride ! 

• Praise 2

if IS $50k margin can get wagyu beef for lunch? [sly]

a wise man said ... there was never a free lunch in this world

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Going for my 1k servicing soon! Have to book early in advance. Based on current owners experience, how long does the 1k servicing take? Thanks for the advise!

I also notice on the occasional jerk when engaging gear. Hope the gearbox last!

Once along heavy traffic the car kept the gear at 5th gear. Can feel the engine brake. Only shift up when speed reaches 80km/hr. Guess thats usual.

Going for my 1k servicing soon! Have to book early in advance. Based on current owners experience, how long does the 1k servicing take? Thanks for the advise!

I also notice on the occasional jerk when engaging gear. Hope the gearbox last!

Once along heavy traffic the car kept the gear at 5th gear. Can feel the engine brake. Only shift up when speed reaches 80km/hr. Guess thats usual.

hi bro

i reached the service centre at 9.30am. SA attended to me about an hour later.

i collected my car at about 3.30pm.

the jerk only happens during the first cold start in the morning, when shifting from P to D. lately, i have not encountered it already.

as for the shifting at gear 5, ya, sometimes it still hangs at gear 5. nowadays i use sport mode and shift myself using the paddle shift.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1