• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
283 replies to this topic | 222 praises

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:06 AM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Ya, agree. thumbsup.gif

Must test it out to understand the drive.

To add to the altezza part, I understand that there's some difference between it and IS200 on their spec. It's not just a difference in their name.

Cheers

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:38 AM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Altezza has a 4 pot Yamaha engine whereas the IS has an inline 6.

Difference is refinement and power. Altezza's engine is more raw and that car is definitely faster.

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:41 AM

Kanr
  • Kanr
    5th Gear
    Author Image

do u know the top speed or the acceleration of the car,bro????cheers!!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:39 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya, that's the part on the inline 6 and 4 pot.

Thanks for pointing it out thumbsup.gif .

So in short, one is more for executive look while the other is for sly.gif

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

Aspri
  • Aspri
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I think the problem with the IS200 in the 2nd hand market is that it kept its value a little bit too well. I think they are currently being overpriced at the moment but there have been few takers (I think).

Hopefully, I will be able to pick up a good deal along the way somehow. Otherwise, there's always other makes.
-------------------------------
| Do or do not, there is no try. |

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:23 PM

Aspri
  • Aspri
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If I wanted to get it new, I may as well wait for IS250. I didn't quite remember the build of the IS200 but perhaps I will take a closer look at it again.

Again, it doesn't say much about Lexus when you have a Toyota branded rear windscreen on IS200.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:25 PM

Aspri
  • Aspri
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Seriously comtemplating a Saab at one point in time. 93. But I think the maintenance will kill me before the speed does. biggrin.gif

I am also considering Opel Astra. Been a big fan of Audi at one point in time but I am put off by the cutthroat prices. Other choice is the Fiat Stilo which has impressed me quite a bit!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:31 PM

Odyssey02
  • Odyssey02
    5th Gear
    Author Image

hehehe...the stilo michael suhummacher edition. POWER.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:32 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Erm, maintenance is not really that ex lar. Maybe in the olden days but I think the gap have close up quite a bit. 95 would be a better choice but the insurance as Saab is using LPT. Anything with turbo means more ex insurance sweatdrop.gif

If you are considering the new Astra, better do it now as I have news from my SE that the next shipment will be downspec, then it's not really worth liao. but it's going to be more affordable also with the downspec.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:35 PM

Aspri
  • Aspri
    4th Gear
    Author Image

No need MS version. The normal clutchless manual version already very power. Very unFiatish if you ask me. Anyway, it's definitely in my consideration list.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:37 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am also considering Opel Astra.

Actually I was asking you to consider the Vectra since you are looking for a 2L sedan. Anyway, I think there's only one vectra left at AE when my friend went to test drove it last week. Wait for the F/L if you are keen.

But shop around for a used IS200 also as it might be more value for money but no harm having more consideration since we are not buying fish in a market. thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:38 PM

Aspri
  • Aspri
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I kinda like 93's shape better than 95 although I believe only the 95 can be considered a real Saab. I love the car to bits but I think overall maintenance and running cost is going to be high.

Any idea what downspecs are there going to be? That's a bit unusual as they usually add to the spec of the car not the other way around. I'm also scouting for a 2nd hand one in the coming months but they are far and few. Guess the Astra owners are really happy with their cars.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:41 PM

Aspri
  • Aspri
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yeah I actually typed Astra/Vectra but thought again as the f/l version is coming. It's a nice car and definitely not common on the streets. Are you saying that they are left with one unit and I can have any color I want as long as it's silver?

Shop shop shop. I always end up having an argument with the 2nd hand car dealers because they just want to make some profits off the customers with unrealistic prices and excuses about some silly hidden charges. They will give you discount on one hand and then take away some from other places. Do they think all their customers are dumb?

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:43 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think get a new one would be better as those that are letting go are from the 1st few batches and it could be a bit problematic. Anyway, it's my own guess, no proof. So far, i think only 1 was put up for resale and was sold.

They are reducing the rim to 15" and taking away the ESP and Hill start assist (HSA). These are the major differences, not too sure of the details but if you are keen, i can recommend you my SE. PM me if you are keen.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:46 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That's the "excitment" of going for used car lar. Must do your sum correctly in order not to appear like a carrot.

Yup, as long as it's lightning silver. But i think it will be gone quite soon if my friend got approval from his fortune teller. laugh.gif

So you have actually went and see it liao har smile.gif

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

Aspri
  • Aspri
    4th Gear
    Author Image

No need to see also can guess it's silver lah. That's got to be the world's more boring color on a car!

Anyway, it's quite difficult to make me a carrot head unless the salesman is really that good. Most of the time, they just think I'm super KL and not sincere. Earn my money really not easy siah.

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:50 PM

Aspri
  • Aspri
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I have my "own" SE as well so that's all right. Hmm, that seems to be a significant downspec. I'm not sure that's a wise move from the dealer. They should just trim more margin off as they are making quite a lot.

I think the 2nd hand ones are all right. I just want the bloody 2nd hand market to be more realistic about the prices and stop trying to cheat customers at every possible opportunity. Maybe I'm just too naive...

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No lar, their grey silver is quite nice. Not the light silver type.

In fact, it's quite a popular colour for the Astra H beside the black.

They chop whoever come thru their door mar. If can chop, chop lor. Money not easy to earn. sweatdrop.gif laugh.gif

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't think anyone would be selling unless they are prepared to suffer a major lose. The first few batches are selling at around $83K and a new one now is a lot lesser. sweatdrop.gif

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:59 PM

Odyssey02
  • Odyssey02
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i just spotted a Jag X-type 2.0 which is registered in sep 2003 going for 93800 on the 2nd handcar market. there is also a saab aero registered in jan 2003 going for 97800. how about considering these two?

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Lexus IS250

Lexus IS250  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Sitikchai  |  Neutral Newbie

Beats the BMW 328i in all areas except...

I was genuinely surprised by the 3rd generation IS250! I found it to be a better drive than the 328i. The steering is more precise and better weighted. I didn't notice the brakes so that's a good thing. Driving position is perfect and the sea... » Read More

Lexus IS250

Lexus IS250  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Hehehahahoho  |  Neutral Newbie

Overpriced piece of plastic

Technology is not there yet. Yes, plenty of gadgets and features on this car enough to sway you over, but under the hood they have been using this engine for the past decade or so. High on fuel consumption, low returns on driving pleasure due... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Lexus IS250

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users